Ratings for Dr. Douglas Cochrane

Dr. Cochrane is brilliant. He's a kind and empathetic neurosurgeon who genuinely cares. We give complete credit to the neurosurgery team who have been so tenacious at finding the right solution for my son. I am SO grateful. Ricki and Brenden

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I had Dr. Cochrane for 17 years, the entire time i never felt more secure with a doctor. You knew that when he was operating that you were in good hands.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

All these 5/5 ratings aren't wrong. Dr Cochrane is a wonderful neurosurgeon. And he is a wonderful person in general. He genuinely cares and we are so fortunate he is our daughters primary Neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr Cochrane performed surgery on my daughter when she was about six months old that required her skull to be reshaped. He was extremely knowledgeable and reassuring, and the surgery was a complete success and she has made a complete recovery with no complications or issues. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Best doctor I have ever been to. He has helped my family through a very rough time and has given us very good advice.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr Cochrane has been my doctor for my 17 years. He has the best bedside manner I've ever seen in a doctor. I love him. He's an amazing doctor

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

I had a brain hemorrhage when I was 2 weeks old, I am now 27 and lucky to be alive thanks to Dr. Cochrane! Received alot of treatment from the BC children's they inspired me to work with kids and within a hospital setting. He is an amazing doctor. I went and visited him since I have moved away and he has not aged a bit. Such good bed side manner! The kido`s and families that he sees should know they are in the best hands possible!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

Dr. Cochrane has been my son's doctor for the past 17 years .I find that he is a great doctor and a great person. He has gotten to know my son and while we see him about Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida , he also offers us great advice and encouragement on everyday life . He truly cares about his patients and my son looks up to him . I am probably a bit of a worry wart but he never dismisses any concerns we have without investigating and then explanations.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr Cochrane worked on me when I was a child. Since then I have known two others who have received fantastic service from him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

After 4 brain surgeries I feel I can safely say you are in the best hands with Dr.Cochrane. He has operated on me every time and always produces the results we wanted. Even when he guaranteed there would be a large visual default from the surgery, he is so good at his job he managed to remove the tumor completely and my vision remained virtually intact! I knew upon meeting him that he was a doctor I would like as he is incredibly warm and knowledgeable. Now I look forward to my appointments with him as there are always some laughs and story telling. He is one of the most caring doctors, if not men, I have met. There's a reason I don't mind being operated on when I'm 19 years old in a children's hospital and it's because I trust Dr.Cochrane completely. I'm not looking forward to graduating to a regular hospital and leaving this terrific surgeon behind. -BH

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr. Douglas Cochrane's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1975)