Ratings for Dr. Lisa Labella

Treated my father terribly. She would no longer care for him because his health was becoming more complicated than that which she wished to deal with.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I have previously had Dr. Labella as my regular physician and I absolutely loved her. At Eaton's medical building, where she had worked at the time, I never had any issues with the receptionist staff, infact I found them to be quite helpful and friendly. There usually was never a long wait at this walk in clinic. Dr. Labella would start the appointment by following up with any previous conditions I had seen her for to make sure there were improvements. If I had any issues or questions, she was always very informative and asked questions to get to the bottom of the issue. Honestly, she is an amzing doctor, she is upfront, down to earth, has a sense of humor and great bedside manner. As to the people complaining about wait times with her, at this clinic, she is not giving a lot of time to see patient, unless specified for an appointment she is only given 15 minutes per patient so being late to an appointment makes a cascading schdeuling issue affectomg her whole day. She is very personable and will tell people how it is, so for the person looking to have a cleared form from her for their driver's license, she is completely in her right to want to know the patient before signing a form especially when that form can impact other people's lives if there is an accident. People need to remember that where she works is downtown and with any walk in clinic, many people are coming in with little things that require bed rest and vitamin C, or for drugs and a quick fix. I am glad that she is honest and will not give out anitobiotics or drugs to anyone who doesn't need it. The only time she has been remotely crossed with me was when I finally came into see her after having pneumonia for two weeks, afterwards I came in for a follow up as I had a hyperactive reaction to caffiene in the tylonel t3s that she had prescribed for the bruised ribs I received by coughing from the pneumonia, and explained that she was prescribing me a small dose of sleeping pills but that this drug can be highly addictive. I appreciated that she took the time to explain all of this to me and that she knew my history everytime I came in for any sort of medical reason. And lastly for the people complaining about her consulting other doctors regarding possible medication options, in my opinion, I would prefer that to her not consulting, as no one doctor is going to know each and every medication out there nor will they know about drug interactions with other medications that you may be on and the biochemistry of each drug, so I believe that consulting is great to make sure that she is giving you the best presription for what you may need. I would without a doubt recommend her to anyone that is looking for a doctor. If I had not moved, I would still be seeing her.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I have seen this doctor about 3 times over the last year and have had the best experience I've had with a general practioner in my life. Kind, appears interested, helpful, seems knowledgeable, listens and doesn't rush me out the door. I've seen some people have a hard time at the front desk while I've waited but I haven't myself. Really terrific.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Dr. Labella is a great GP. Very knowledgeable and really takes her time. She seems like she wants to know her patients as individuals. I also appreciate how informative she is and she shares a lot of knowledge with patients; something I appreciate. The only downside of my visits is the reception staff at Eaton Place Medical - very poor customer service. But Dr. Labella is so fantastic, it is worth it. Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

She is very caring and helpful. She really listens and advocates for her patients.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I have visited here twice and found her very informative and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

She told Me that I exhaust Her and that The Hole in the cartlidge due to a blotched surgery in Vancouver, looks like I used cocain all of my life.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

I saw Dr Labella years ago at a family clinic after my Dr. left the country. She always went and asked other Drs. opinion on every question I found her to be quite rude always complaining about other patients. Very unprofessional.She had someone call her patients on Sat. afternoon saying find a new Dr. she has closed her practice effective immediatly. I went to the clinic where she is now not knowing and surprised to have her enter the exam room, She again had to ask another Dr. about the doseage of antibiotics ??? She again told me how she hates most people there because they all want drugs. She spoke to me as if I was a long lost friend. I'm not! After meeting a former staff member I was told she is always rude to patients and co-workers and loves to cause trouble .

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

dr.labella is incredibily rude and talk down to paitents. at my last visit (which i switched to another doctor at the same clinic because i could not stand to see her anymore) she proceeded to yell at me for no reason, then told the staff and the other doctor that i swore at her. she is pathetic and appears to be in the wrong line of work. could be a better doctor if she learned how to conduct herself and be more professional. i have launched a complaint with the college of physicans and surgeons about this matter.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009