Ratings for Dr. Traci A. Purath

It appears that Dr. Purath is more concerned about making money than she is for the health of her patients. I started seeing her for chronic migraine last year. It was an hour drive and a cash payment since my insurance deductible hadn't been met. The meds she prescribed weren't working, at least not at the low dosage. When I spoke to her nurse about increasing the dosage, Dr. Purath requested that I schedule yet another office visit. Office visits lasted only about 5 minutes! I explained to her nurse that it was difficult making the long trip so frequently and that I was paying out of pocket since my insurance deductible hadn't been reached. I questioned why I needed to return so soon since we were only discussing increasing the dosage and not changing the prescription. I wondered aloud if Dr. Purath was more interested in collecting fees than in helping me. She assured me that this wasn't the case so I scheduled another appointment. A few hours later, the nurse called me back. She had spoken to Dr. Purath and told her everything; she informed me that she’s not allowed to filter information. Dr. Purath decided to end her relationship with me; she fired me! I was astonished. I asked to speak with Dr. Purath about this, but I was told she wouldn't speak to me. I'm a reasonable person, so I found this to be a cowardly response. Her reaction only confirmed my suspicion that she cares more about making money than providing care for her patients and understanding their situations. In the meantime, I've found another neurologist closer to home and am making lemonade out of the lemons handed me.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Best doctor I have ever seen. She truly CARES for her patients. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Great Doctor

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Dr. Traci A. Purath's Credentials

• Univ Coll Of Galway, Nat'L Univ Of Ireland, Fac Of Med, Galway (Grad. 1995)

HealthFirst