Ratings for Dr. Edith Calamia

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

My family recently moved into the area and a new friend highly recommended Dr. Calamia to be our doctor. I recently needed to make an appointment. When I called the office, her staff was quite pleasant and I was able to see her quickly. Although the waiting time to see her was about 20 minutes past my appointment time, the wait was well worth it. Dr. Calamia seemed to be very busy but she took the time to help me with my health issues. I personally rate her as one of the top doctors I have visited. She was knowledgeable and friendly. Dr. Calamia seems to really care about her patients.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008

Most thoughtful and compassionate doctor I have ever seen. She truely cares about her patients and really knows her stuff. Her staff needs to do a better job at handling her calls. Would highly reccomend her to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

SHE IS ALWAYS LATE, UP TO 2 HRS, HER STAFF IS RUDE, CAN NEVER GET THRU TO OFFICE ALWAYS GET THE RUDE ANSWERING SERVICE. DUE TO HER LATENESS SHE PLAYS CATCH-UP AND REALLY RUSHES THRU VISIT WITH EACH PATIENT.WORST OF ALL BROUGHT MY 80 YR OLD MOTHER WHOW WAS COMPLAINING OF SHOLDER PAIN THE DOCTOR DID NOT TAKE HER BLOOD PREASURE OR PULSE NOTHING OTHER THEN A PERSCRIPTION WAS WRITTEN,AND A APPOINTMENT FOR A WEEK LATER, WELL THART AFTERNOON I HAD TO CALL EMS, AS IT TURNS OUT MY MOTHER HAT A HEART ATTACK AND WITH A BLOOD CLOT IN HER ARM WHICH WAS CAUSING HER ARM / SHOLDER PAIN , MY MOTHER NEVER MAID HER SCHEDULED APPOINTMEN SHE PASSED AWAY IN THE HOSPITAL 4DAYS AFTER BEING SEEN BY DR EDITH CALAMIA. TO TOP THIS OFF WHEN I CALLED TO SPEEK WITH DR EDITH AFTER MY MOTHERS DEATH, HER STAFF WAS RUDE AND THE DOCTOR DID NOT RETURN MY CALL UNTUL 1 WEEK AFTER I CALLED. I NO LONGER USE HER AND I SUGGEST ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO HER THING AGAIN AND FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

DOESN'T RETURN PHONE CALLS, THE WORST STAFF. UNPROFESSIONAL.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2007

Dr. Edith Calamia's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med