Ratings for Dr. Paul Blum

It's too hard to make an appointment here. I switched doctors because of Dr. Blum's receptionist, who has kept me on hold for five minutes at a time with no apology after, and has put me on hold for several minutes only to then hang up on me while I was still holding. Thank goodness I was never that ill when I called! The receptionist was also supposed to call me back with doctor information last month, and she simply didn't. I've switched to another doctor in Edison who, at the very least, has a professional way of answering patient telephone calls.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Cannot imagine any negative reviews for Dr. Blum. My family has been going to Dr. Blum for several years and we all love him. He takes care of you as if you were part of his family. He is a very well respected doctor.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Blum is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He always takes the time to listen to my concerns. He is very thorough and always answers all of my questions and puts me at ease. He is interested in the "whole person", not just your symptoms. He is one of the best doctors I have ever been to and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

The wait time on my last 3 visits was terrible. Why do I schedule so far in advance if I just have to wait an extra hour once I'm there. Unlike past places where I can get blood work results online or even a phone ap, I have to call the office to see if the received it. I also would like to receive a copy without begging for it. (The service seems so outdated, I'm surprised it wasn't handwritten in pencil) front desk never has change in case you want to give them cash as co-pay. Patients notices these little things that add up.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

The Doctor is OK. Although you will be cancelled at the last minute and the the staff is rude.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Has early morning hours making it easy for scheduling appointments. Staff is courteous and professional and Dr. Blum is always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Its hard to get an appt. w/ Dr. Blum, however, they do try to get you in asap. Major downsides: he doesnt have a phlebotomist- so you have to go to a lab to get bloodwork. And for simple things like an ear ache or a sore throat he will always refer you to a specialist. It seems like he wont treat you- he wants someone else to do it. I dont know if he is just afraid of being sued or if he is just lazy, but everyone is my family is very dissapointed w/ him and we are all seeking new doctors.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Hard to get an appointment when you're sick.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Dr. Paul Blum's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1975)

Healthnet