Ratings for Dr. Tim Dumore

Don't expect to go there expecting a reasonably priced service. The staff are not helpful at all. We were on time and always had to wait. When it came time to work on claim forms - the form my company needed to process the claim was not filled out. This will result in delays of payment to me and them. I did not want this course of treatment but the salespeople there duped my family into this procedure while I was away. Rather disgusted with the whole affair. By some miracle if the teeth are straightened I'm not sure it will be worth the thousands of dollars out my own pocket and the difficulty receiving the rest from my insurance provider giving them the wrong paperwork. Don't go here if you want helpful staff...

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns. Perhaps when we are back in the office, you can personally call me so that we can discuss how to address the issues you mention. I do believe that will be a more effective way to find a solution for you. We do try our best to provide excellent service, clinically and administratively. When we don't meet your needs, I would encourage you to let us know. Rate MD's is a useful forum, but honestly, no one reading this site is going to be able to help you. If you contact me, I would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you. Perhaps you could schedule some time to speak with me over a lunch hour as I would love to make you more comfortable with your decision to seek treatment in our office.

Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Dumore is a very talented orthodontist, he can however work on his timing for once I was waiting half an hour before my appointment started.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
I do hate it when anyone has to wait... we try our best but sometimes treatment needs or other factors mean that providing excellent care necessitates a delay. Do rest assured that running on time is something that we take seriously, only behind providing treatment to a high standard. Thank you for sharing your concern - it does help remind us of the importance of striving for punctual appointment times. Throughout our busy days, there are many times when we are force to wait and it is never a satisfying experience.

Submitted July 9, 2017

Excellent service and friendly staff. Overall a great experience.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
Thanks for that! Positive comments are always appreciated! If you see anything that we need to work on, I encourage you to speak with me personally...we sincerely want your feedback so that we can continue to improve.

Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Dumore and Team have cared for 3 of our 4 children's orthodontic needs and all 3 are happy with their beautiful smiles! I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience has been. Right from that initial consultation through to follow up care after the braces come off. Dr. Dumore's beautiful clinic is friendly, welcoming and relaxing putting anxious patients at ease and parents apart of the visit and orthodontic care while enjoying a cup of tea or delicious mocha! Staff are skilled and knowledgeable, making time in the chair comfortable. Not once had any of my children had a complaint about their visits and the end results are beautiful! I also appreciated a reasonable payment plan based on what we were able to afford monthly! Thank you Dr. Dumore and Team!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
You should know how much your positive comments mean to me and my team. We put our heart and soul into being the best orthodontic office and love it when someone says that we have succeeded!

Submitted July 9, 2017

My daughter and I are both seeing Dr. Dumore for orthodontic treatment and we highly recommend him and his staff. Everyone in this office is simply excellent at his or her job. I've never once waited a minute past my appointment time, have received thorough and very patient answers to any questions and I'm very satisfied with the level of treatment so far. I would highly recommend Dr. Dumore. It's true that he may be a lot more thorough than many orthodontists but you can guarantee you're going to have the best smile possible. He is a perfectionist. That being said, he is also willing to discuss lesser treatment options if you're uncomfortable or daunted by the initial plan. I would encourage you to talk with him and his staff before running to another orthodontist who will just simply want to take your money and do an acceptable job. Dr. Dumore will do an exceptional job. While that may be daunting for some and (understandably!) too expensive for some also, that is totally reasonable but there is no need to trash the man on a public site just because you decide to go somewhere else. From what I have seen on this website, Dr. Dumore is the only doctor of any type that I have ever seen respond to each one of his ratings. That alone shows you his level of care and consideration for this patient. He truly does want to give you the best service he possibly can and you won't find anyone more knowledgable and with more up-to-date, cutting-edge technology.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Myself and my three children have all had braces with Dr Domore. He is very friendly , and does a wonderful job. My oldest son had double rows of teeth , sub mucous cleft pallet and missing adult teeth , he has a wonderful set of teeth now. I had a consultation to fix my jaw as it was jumping and he fixed it with braces . The team is great always happy and always there to help . I have recommended Dr Domore to many friends and will continue to. Thanks Dr Domore and team

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

We came in for a consultation with Dr Dumore. Waited nearly 40 min to see him, then he tells us that the only way to fix my daughters jaw is with jaw surgery. My daughter has a bit of an over bite but nothing terrible. He said the treatment would take at least 2 -3 years and that there is a waiting list for the surgery. We were quoted over $7000 for braces and another $1200 for jaw surgery. I wouldn't recommend this place. I saw another orthodontist, my daughter now has had braces for almost a year and her teeth and her bite look great. Price was far less. $5300 total. Shop around, there are far better offices with less bling that the customer is paying for!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
The good news is since you first met us, we have hired a consultant and reworked our whole scheduling system so patients are not waiting so long! My apologies for keeping you waiting. I would like to offer some perspective on how we help people with more difficult problems. For some patients where the jawbones are not in an ideal position, there can be different ways to fix the problems. While the ideal solution might involve braces with jaw surgery, there are sometimes reasonable compromises. The analogy that I use is that it is a bit like going to a travel agent to plan a trip: you can go to Hawaii or you can go to Calgary – both nice places but definitely different destinations. Generally, at the initial examination, I like to suggest possible solutions which are confirmed after I have had a chance to review the examination notes, x-rays, and virtual study models. There is also an opportunity for us to discuss the problems and solutions and for you to ask questions about which treatment is best for you. In some cases, a nonsurgical result can be perfectly acceptable, but in others we are able to produce a much better bite and facial appearance if we take advantage of the help that the oral surgeon can provide. That said, surgical orthodontic treatment typically does last a little bit longer (24 – 30 months), and requires more effort and attention on my part and by the oral surgeon, so the cost is greater for that treatment. Had we elected to follow a nonsurgical route, the cost would have been less. There may be orthodontists who are less comfortable or less interested in offering orthodontic treatment, but I do strive to ensure that patients that come to us are at least given some choices. We wish you well with your treatment.

Submitted May 3, 2017

I recently finished my orthodontics with Dr Dumore...i can say that it was an excellent experience overall. I went to two other orthodontists before him but picked him because he gave me invisible braces called Invisalign along with Acceledent which cut down the time and made it a practically painless experience. I found him very pleasant and professional and highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback. Enjoy your new smile!

Submitted January 13, 2017

2 and a half years of having braces and just got them off yesterday! Dr. Dumore was my first choice based on personal references. I am very happy with my outcome and the staff are wonderful! My daughter even likes coming along with me to appts because they have so much to keep her entertained, making it easier for me at my appt. I highly recommend Dr. Dumore!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
Thank you for your kind words! We strive to provide the best treatment and it makes our day to hear we have done our jobs well. Enjoy your new smile!

Submitted October 20, 2016

Went to Dumore with daughter #1 for assessment on TMJ, said she needed braces and laid out the pricey payment plan. About $8k in total. Our dentist said, no way she needs that. Got her TMJ fixed for under $2k. Took daughter #2 to a different orthodontist because she really did need braces, cost for this is under $5k. The guy is a rip-off artist. Just spend 30 seconds chatting with him and you'll know what I mean --- the grease drips from this dude at an alarming rate.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr. Tim Dumore's response
Generally, when we receive comments in social media, and nice and negative, we like to respond and share our perspective. Social media is interesting in that many sites allow for anonymity without any need to be responsible for what you say. I wish I could say that your comments do not bother me, but the reality is that they very much do. I work hard with my team to provide excellent care to the patients that we see. I also strive to be ethical and honest in my practice and in life. I'm also a regular person, with a wife and children, sensitive to what others say about me. A 30 second assessment would not likely be enough to know this. I do wish that in today's day and age of unfiltered information, we could all remember that it is not a bad idea to consider what we say before putting it out there. Regarding your assessment for your child's TMJ problems, I should say that because we are a specialist office, we tend to see the more challenging cases. For some conditions, splint therapy can be helpful. However, other situations require a more comprehensive solution, which can involve braces and jaw surgery, which require greater time and expense. In your daughter's case, I likely did not feel that splint therapy was likely to be successful in the long term and that she would benefit from correction of the underlying problems that exist with her teeth and jaws. Should her problems return, and more involved treatment become necessary, I would encourage you to seek the advice of an orthodontic specialist with experience treating jaw joint problems as well as with surgical orthodontic treatment. I should add that it may have been helpful for your dentist to contact us to discuss your daughter’s treatment. Working together often allows us to achieve a better result, and we could have forwarded any x-rays and pictures that we would have obtained during her visit. At any rate, I am glad that we were punctual – we work on that regularly.

Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Tim Dumore's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English