Ratings for Dr. MATTHEW D. Vrees

I have been going to Dr. Vrees since 2006, at first he was great until everything he tried to help me failed. Then he became rude on occasions. I agree with the other reviews on how he would schedule a major surgery then leave on vacation the next day. I ended up having major problems and had to have other doctors who didn't know my case take care of me. As for the office help, they are the worse, except for "c". She is very nice but "D" is the rudest, uncaring person and the way she acts, she would be fired in any other office for being so unprofessional. There was confusion with my insurance and the insurance person called their office and she thought I said something making them call, which I didn't so she called me and screamed at me. I could go on about her but I think that should be enough said. If you ever need to talk to the doctor he doesn't call back. To sum it up Dr. vrees is a great doctor with a good bedside manner if there are no problems but soon as there are he takes it on you. They need to fire certain office help to make it a less stressful atmosphere.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

With out a doubt the most professional, courteous, and knowledgeable Dr I have ever had!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Botched surgery. Poor bedside manner. Terrible with family. Did not fully inform family and was cold and disinterested in helping patient understand and accept the result.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Vrees for over 5 years. I have a rare case and the worse he has seen. At First bedside manner was great but as time goes on he has changed. He has been rude on some visits and unsympathetic because he can't fix my problem. He rarely will call you to answer any questions. He will be all interested in helping then I don't hear from him and then I have to make another appointment just to get a answer answered. The staff can be mean, and waiting time on the phone to talk to them can be over 20 minutes. Overall I do think Dr. Vrees is very smart and when things are going right he will be very friendly. He does need to warn the patient who just has been operated on that he will be going on vacation. Many times I had surgery and the next day I expected to see him but left on vacation so I had a different doctor taking care of me. I honestly would not have chosen a different surgeon because I do feel that he is one of the best but some things should be changed

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Dr. Vrees is an excellent surgeon. He was my surgeon in 2010 when I found out that I have colon cancer. Both Dr. Vrees and the staff at Miriam Hospital took very good care of me.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

he's the BEST colorectal surgeon in RI, PERIOD...absolutely AMAZING

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Nice doctor. Office staff is incompetent and appointment setting/communication is the worse I have ever come across. When director of practice was contacted-there was no response to my major concerns.Even my primary doctor who recommended the group got no response. Changed doctors.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

Extremely poor bedside manner. he was great until the operation was done, then he was not around.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Dr. MATTHEW D. Vrees's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Pawtucket, RI