Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Hite

GREATEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN WAS ABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS NO OTHER DOCTOR COULD ANSWER WAS PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING THANK YOU DR. HITE

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Hite has been my OBG since 1991. His partner, Kelly, delivered my first child and he delivered my second. I am in the healthcare industry and have a very high bar for doctors. He is excellent, patient, learned and kind. He is a little eccentric and that results in him spending more time for each patient appointment (thus running behind sometimes). But he's always answered my questions thoroughly; often times citing specific studies in case I want to learn more. The staff's effectiveness is mixed. The gatekeeper/scheduler is not particularly efficient nor friendly. However, once past her, his nurse and office managers are effective. I can't imagine changing OBGs - and I work with literally thousands of them for a living.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I just Started seeing Dr. Hite and I really like him, he makes me feel comfortable. He is patient and kind, I was very nervous when I went in for my pap smears he waited and chat with me for 15 mins, he really cares for his patients. He will be the one delivering my first child someday in the future!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

As a doctor I would say he is average, I have had better and worse. As for his staff,scheduling and time management I must say there are not enough words in the English dictionary to describe the incompetence. His staff always seems to be out to lunch, even at 3pm, and only the answering service picks up. If you can actually manage to get through and schedule an appointment, expect to spend the majority of your day in the waiting room - the shortest wait time I have ever had was 1 hour. Once you manage to get into the exam room you feel like you are on a factory conveyor belt at Ford's factory. After finding out I was pregnant at his office, I called for several weeks trying to schedule an ultrasound and my prenatal visit. Finally in my second trimester of pregnancy I gave up on ever being able to schedule an appointment with him and am in the process of trying to find a new doctor. His office is to be AVOIDED!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

I went to see Dr. Hite and had to play phone tag with his staff to find out test results. I don't know if they would've even called me. I think that he needs to fire his entire staff and start over!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

he is a very rude doctor when i would go in for my check ups he told my husband that i was his favorite patient because he loved the faces i made when he examined me! what an f*in jerk i was so embarrassed!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

He is a terrible doctor. Once he kept me waiting 2.5 hr just for a consultation appointment. When I try to explain him my situation, since I had breast lump and biopsy, I was sensitive about my breast condition, but he doesn't seem to care much, and try to explain it with my diet of coffee or tea. But I after i celary told him that I don't drink tea or coffee, he feels irritated and went very unfriendly. I had blood test that day, but now 2 weeks has passed, I haven't heard the result back yet. I definierly going to fire him.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

I had been going to Dr. Hite before I had my two kids and I liked him then. Once he delivered my two boys I loved him. He was great and makes you feel very comfortable. He has a great sense of humor. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

How long is too long to be on hold? I was on hold 18 minutes with only one pick up in between. When I mentioned this to the person picking up the call they put me back on hold. Another instance if was 4 minutes. I would have fired anyone in my office treating a customer like this. Unbelievable ... he was recommended by another doctor that uses him and I'm just getting to know him. Unfortunately he made many excuses for my first visit when I was waiting on him for 2 hours and never got to see him. Find him very helpful so far.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Hite is the best ob-gyne I have ever had. His is precise and very accurate. He spends a great deal of time with his patients and makes each patient feel very special. Although sometimes going to him because of a problem may be a little scary, he puts my mind at ease and the procedure is easy for me to get through. He is humorous, yet extremely sensitive to his patients concerns and fears. I would recommend Dr. Hite to anyone. He is wonderful! He makes my day!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Dr. Scott D. Hite's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1983)