Ratings for Dr. Elzette Steyn

i saw her in the ER for postpartum complications. all other doctors dismissed my concerns. dr. s correctly diagnosed a large hematoma (and drained it, good god..) and a related infection. she may have saved my life. excellent bedside manner, sharp mind, good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

This amazing doctor saved me when I was rushed in with a massive bi lateral pulmonary embolism. She is one of the most lovely people ever. Knowledgeable and friendly, kind and smart. I will forever be grateful for everything she did. She was amazing with my husband and son. She treats people so wonderfully. I was so scared and she took care of my condition swiftly, professionally and compassionately. If you are lucky to have her as your doctor you are in the best hands possible. She is without doubt the best doctor I have ever met. She is amazing at her job and she is an amazing person. Because of her I am still here. Words can't express the respect I have for this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

You are finally in the examination room, frustrated and enraged, after enduring seemingly endless hours in the ER waiting room, while being sick and in pain. Then there’s the knock on the door, and this beautiful young lady with a wide sparkling smile, and a wave of positive energy and tranquility that sweeps the room, and you are speechless, and already feeling better! I’m sure to have all her attention; No matter how crazy is outside in the ER, she listens with patience and empathy . . . Then comes her turn and her meticulous scrutiny, and you know that you are in the best hands! Dr. Steyn is the best doctor I have ever met, not just for being the highly knowledgeable, smart, experienced and proficient doctor, but above all, for being such a wonderful human being, a kind and compassionate heart who deeply cares about her patients. Medicine for her, is not just a profession, it’s her passion; she was born to be a doctor, and a doctor she is, my favorite doctor, which I still love!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

She is extremely thorough and I was very pleased/impressed with her.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

excellent diagnosis for appendectomy, good bedside manner and confident.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

She was awesome, is awesome and will be numero uno in my books for all eternity!! She helped my mom in emergency, when my mom thought it was simply a sore leg, she found out it was more serious than that and Dr. Steyn got her going in the direction she needed. She was informational, patient, kinda, caring, understanding, sympathetic and so helpful!! YOU ROCK DR. STEYN and keep up the AWESOME service!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I disagree with the last statement written, Dr. Steyn was my doctor in Eriksdale, and when she left to go to Ashern, I followed her there. One of the big reasons she is such a great doctor, is the fact that she is willing to take the time to explain your condition, and will do all she can to encourage a person to STOP unhealthy habits, and to be better to oneself. Because of her persistance, I quit smoking COLD TURKEY, after smoking for over 35 years! I guess to some people that's considered "just talking, talking and talking some more, about NOTHING", but listen up: it's YOUR HEALTH she's talking about, she WANTS you to get better. Finally, a REAL doctor in the true sense! I will always miss her.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

she's a great physician...really knows her thing. Will use every resource available to her. About her only problem is she spends way to much time talking...talk, talk, talk and talk some more, about nothing. She's very thorough and explains things to a T but after that, it's as hard to get out of her office as it was to get in. At least that was how she was in Eriksdale. but still a ggreat dr. who we all miss...

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr.Steyn was friendly, warm and compassionate. She was extremly knowledgeable in her explanations of pathology.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

This woman is amazing. I suffered, horrendous headaches for 17.5 years, not one other Dr would listen. She got down to the bottom of my problem and I thank God everyday, she was my Dr. in Gillam - Fantastic - wonderful and the best thx a million times over for her insistence and perseverance. I have now been 12 years without headaches, praise the Lord, Halleluiah

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007