Ratings for Dr. Roberto Giaconne

Dr. Giaconne cares about his patients. He does whatever is needed to find out what is wrong. This doctor is excellent and, believe me, I know it for a fact. He will do anything and everything he can for his patients. After getting CT scan results that I had a bleeding aneurysm and I had a terrible headache even before getting the results, I went to the Winchester Hospital who had done the test. They immediately sent me to the Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus, where I was admitted. I saw a Dr. who said he did not trust the Winchester scan results and the ensuing test showed the aneurysm but that it was not bleeding. I have had a previous cerebral aneurysm which did bleed and was repaired and, now again, severe symptoms and as was the case in the 1st aneurysm, CT scan had not shown it was bleeding initially until a Dr. Dionne called me to tell me there was indeed a bleeding aneurysm. After all this, I still feel intense pressure in my brain, forehead, eye pain, face pain, all on the right side and have been complaining about it for some time. Dr. Giaconne has taken the time and made the effort all through this for me. Now, as he was on holidays, his office has called me twice and has scheduled me to be his 1st appointment, as soon as he returns. He appreciates the problems I encountered the 1st time around with the cranial aneurysm not being detected, even with a spinal tap and CT scan done. I know he will do all he can and will do whatever can be done to make certain I do not die from this 2nd aneurysm. He has always been punctual, testing, follow-up, and his staff is amazing. I can't for the life of me understand any negative comments about this wonderful devoted Doctor. It is a shame. He even once, when I was in Er and they kept me overnight there even though I was to be admitted, visited me there and was quite upset I was still on a stretcher. It did not take very long for me to get a bed. Wonderful doctor, wonderful care, wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

After seeing other doctors and having tests done, It took 1 year on a waiting list to see this doctor. I was told he was a specialist at a headache clinic so i assumed this would be the best doctor to see and he would actually be able to give me more information and work with me on preventing and treating my headaches. He asked me minimal questions, every time i tried to explain something to him so he can have my whole history he would try to talk over me and completely disregarded what i had just said. He did little random tests like squeezing his finger etc, he said there is nothing wrong with me. Next question..."Do you have full medical coverage". I said yes, and he gives me 2 prescriptions right away. if there is nothing wrong..why do i need such strong meds? Medications that he told me has horrible symptoms! They sounded like symptoms of a cancer treatment. This doctor is a WASTE OF TIME. DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU and is EXTREMELY RUDE! beware@!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Went to him for over 8 years. I found him to be arrogant, dismissive and erratic. All over the board with my treatment. I had a final extremely traumatic procedure (LP) with him. He was at fault. Not only did he not apologize, he disappeared. I will never go to him again. Proceed with caution.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

I can't say enough good things about my appointment with this doctor. I saw him at the Appletree Clinic and he was right on time. He was polite, interested in what I had to say, and he answered all my questions very patiently. His neuro exam was also very thorough. He let me know that I could see him again anytime if I had any further concerns. Perhaps those of you who had a bad experienced with him caught him on a bad day, when he was working on a tight schedule and maybe feeling a bit stressed out & pressed for time. Doctors are human too and have bad days just like the rest of us.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2009

Simply the worst. Have seen this Dr. 3 times regarding my condition. He was very confused as to why I was there and even asked me about my Hepatitis C symptoms which I do not have or had. He was totally unconcerned and arrogant.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

My son has been to multiple doctors and ERs eith no help for daily and extreme headaches for the past year. One ER thought he just wanted narcotics. This doctor took the time to listen to my son and they are still working tofether to get the right meds. When my son was in so much pain and we were unable to reach someone by phone(that is how busy they are) he dropped by to get an appointment and when they saw how much pain he was in, they had him in within half an hour. He is gatting better. This Doctor and staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

After waiting at least 3 months to see him, I spent more time seeing the resident doctor than I did with him. I found that he didn't really take me seriously, although I came with a huge list of problems -- which I continue to have. I found that I had to press him for information and left more frustrated than when I arrived.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2007

Giaconne has been my neuro for 5 years. I am epileptic, and on February 1st of this year, I had my first seizure in 10 yrs. When I went to see him, he did nothing. He didn't send me for any tests, all he did was give me a perscription. He told me not to drive for a month, so I didn't. After the month was up, I called his office to see if I could start driving again. His receptionist was so rude to me everytime I called that I started sending letters instead because I didn't want to talk to her. Almost a month afterwards, I got a letter suspending my drivers license because they hadn't recieved the appropriate information in the alloted time. He sent in three reports to the Ministry, all of which were insufficient to allow me to have my license back. This has caused me to have extreme difficulty finding a job. He was unhelpful, didn't address things in a timely manner, and his staff are VERY rude, I will be changing neuro's as soon as I have my license back.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

I waited 1.5 hours to get seen by him, his front staff no where to be found as there were others waiting to be seen by him. When all staff came back from lunch people were annoyed and got treated like children and told to sit down and that he'd be with them. Once got to see him, he pushed for the most expensive medication for migraines without waiting for my test results to come back. The level of customer service from his receptionist is below par. When arrived 15 mins earlier she noted that they called that morning to reschedule the appt. an hour earlier and that they spoke with someone. I was home all day & never received a call from their office. Calling me a liar, she shouted out my test results in front of the waiting room & didn't ask for my OHIP card. She commented about her own personal problems about migraines.. I never got to see him for a f/u & would have to wait yet another 3 months, & after checking my call display there was NO call by them/msg. Beware!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2007