Ratings for Dr. David F. Markel

I find Dr. Markel to be VERY knowledgeable and thorough on well visits. The Nurse Practitioner is EQUALLY as qualified. They both have answered many questions over the years and absolutely trust their advice as medical professionals. I have 4 children and the office can always fit us in for a sick visit. I would highly recommend this office to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr Markel Pays no attention to what the parent is saying about the child. He barely pays any attention to the child. He does an entire exam by barely touching or looking at the child. Therefore his diagnoses are not accurate. (We had to get second opinions on 2 occasions due to wrong diagnoses. That was the last straw for us.) He spends no more than 5-10 minutes at a well child visit. Gives almost no information to the parent regarding the child's development. (At my son's 6 month wel visit, he told me to read the food jar labels at the supermarket when I asked him what I should feed a 6 month old.) He gives a print out with national average growth percentiles instead of discussing individual growth progress. He is on vacation a lot and leaves the practice to his nurse who cannot distinguish allergies from a cold or a more serious disease. Neither the doctor nor the nurse practitioner check up on patients' health progress following a sick visit. VERY disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

He is so caring and spends as much time as needed. He is a wonderful Dr.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. David F. Markel's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1997)

Sask Health