Ratings for Dr. Gary Bloomberg

This review is based on two visits where I accompanied different family members. Separate incidents more than one year apart and referrals by two different GPs. The first was a follow-up after a heart attack. Dr. Bloomberg was very kind and charming but spent very little time discussing the cardiac event, follow-up and medication. When asked questions, he sometimes had to referred to the medical reports. The visit was only 10 minutes and he seemed unprepared. The GP did not think his report was very comprehensive and made a referral to another cardiologist. The second family member was referred to Dr. Bloomberg after a "mini stroke" to discuss the event and medication. During the 4-day hospital stay after the event, the hospital documented paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (PAF) but Dr. Bloomberg said "your heart is beating normally". Aside from stating that blood thinners would have to be used, there was no other discussion about the medication and he made no inquires as to the efficacy of the medications. The GP characterized Dr. Bloomberg's report as "confusing". It was short and his diagnosis was not consistent with the hospital cardiologist. I have been to another cardiologist myself because my GP was concerned about a murmur. I have not had a stroke or cardiac event. But my cardiologist spent far more time with me than Dr. Bloomberg spent with either of my family members. He my be very knowledgeable but I rate his "Knowledge" as "Poor" because it reflects what he presents during visits and the comments that GPs have made about his reports. If you're reading this, Dr. Bloomberg, please spend more time preparing for your visits, take your time to discuss your patients' conditions, and provide GPs with comprehensive reports so that they can best treat their patients.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

I have seen Dr. Bloomberg several times over the last 5 years. He should take a little more time to explain a heart disease and surgery procedures to his patient. Other than that, I think he is a good cardiologist.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

During my visit to his office, I was in and out of rooms for a stress test etc. I was sent into Dr. Bllomberg's office twice. I had to wait for him to finish whatever was more important than the patient in front of him. He didn't put his phone down during the entire interaction. Both times, he barely took his eyes off of his phone to actually look at me. He could have been addressing the wrong person for all he knew. He seems incredibly arrogant and in the small exchange we did have, it was clear that he wasn't paying attention. Further tests were scheduled, but cancelled because my time is valuable too, and I'm going to respect myself and not return to his office. He might be a great doctor. Unfortunately, all I saw was some old guy playing on his phone like my teenager. Come to think of it, he listened about as well as a teenager too. Not instilling me with any confidence in you, Dr. Bloomberg! Grow up! Put your phone down!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Staff don't seem to worry too much about patient privacy, not closing doors completely during my exams (topless). One member was scrolling his facebook feed during my stress test. Not very professional. Wish Bloomberg would have taken more time to learn about me, and my issues. Felt a bit blown off..."loose weight and no salt." So little time was spent with me I was left wondering if this was the standard solution for everyone. No explanations of possible complication or other solutions. I've resolved to do my own research...and have formulated my own health plan.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

This guy is only worried about his time. He is talking to you while looking at his phone or answering email. He does not care about you, only about the money he will make from you. He acts like a teenager when he could be my grandfather. Avoid him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Nothing but the very best of health care from Dr. Bloomberg and I respect him 100 % . If there is a better Cardiologist anywhere I would like to know . He is always there when I had appointments and very busy but always has time for a question . We need more like him ,,, lots more !

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Horrible experience overall; he was disinterested and actually looking at his phone and texts while we tried to speak to him; dismissive and plain wrong. New cardiologist we have his great and dealt with issues immediately. Office is horrible generally as well....

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr Bloomberg is one of the most arrogant doctors I have ever come across. If I was having a heartattack lying on the street I wouldn't ask for his help.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr Bloomberg is the nicest, gentlest and kindest doctor I have ever met. He is highly skilled, patient and understanding. As a patient I feel completely confident in his care and I would recommend him highly. I almost wish he hadn't fixed my irregular heart beat so I could continue going to see him. I feel great now so will only need minimal check ups. Thanks so much Dr. Bloomberg - you're a wonderful, kind, caring life saver. Literally.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I saw Dr Bloomberg after a round of terrifying chest pains. I thought I was going to die! Dr Bloomberg was nothing short of brilliant with me. His calm professionalism was extremely reassuring. I immeditely relaxed knowing that I was in such cappable hands. He was not only totally knowledgable and competent in addressing my ailment but his bedside manner was so wonderful. You can trust this doctor with your life. I certainly did and I am now feeling younger, fitter and stronger than ever. Dr Bloomberg went over and above the call of duty. His concern for me was genuine. He was patient and understanding and I owe him everything. Hopefully I won't ever need his services again but if you do, I can't reccomend a better cardiologist!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014