Ratings for Dr. Gary Bloomberg

Staff don't seem to worry too much about patient privacy, not closing doors completely during my exams (topless). One member was scrolling his facebook feed during my stress test. Not very professional. Wish Bloomberg would have taken more time to learn about me, and my issues. Felt a bit blown off..."loose weight and no salt." So little time was spent with me I was left wondering if this was the standard solution for everyone. No explanations of possible complication or other solutions. I've resolved to do my own research...and have formulated my own health plan.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

This guy is only worried about his time. He is talking to you while looking at his phone or answering email. He does not care about you, only about the money he will make from you. He acts like a teenager when he could be my grandfather. Avoid him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Nothing but the very best of health care from Dr. Bloomberg and I respect him 100 % . If there is a better Cardiologist anywhere I would like to know . He is always there when I had appointments and very busy but always has time for a question . We need more like him ,,, lots more !

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Horrible experience overall; he was disinterested and actually looking at his phone and texts while we tried to speak to him; dismissive and plain wrong. New cardiologist we have his great and dealt with issues immediately. Office is horrible generally as well....

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr Bloomberg is one of the most arrogant doctors I have ever come across. If I was having a heartattack lying on the street I wouldn't ask for his help.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr Bloomberg is the nicest, gentlest and kindest doctor I have ever met. He is highly skilled, patient and understanding. As a patient I feel completely confident in his care and I would recommend him highly. I almost wish he hadn't fixed my irregular heart beat so I could continue going to see him. I feel great now so will only need minimal check ups. Thanks so much Dr. Bloomberg - you're a wonderful, kind, caring life saver. Literally.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I saw Dr Bloomberg after a round of terrifying chest pains. I thought I was going to die! Dr Bloomberg was nothing short of brilliant with me. His calm professionalism was extremely reassuring. I immeditely relaxed knowing that I was in such cappable hands. He was not only totally knowledgable and competent in addressing my ailment but his bedside manner was so wonderful. You can trust this doctor with your life. I certainly did and I am now feeling younger, fitter and stronger than ever. Dr Bloomberg went over and above the call of duty. His concern for me was genuine. He was patient and understanding and I owe him everything. Hopefully I won't ever need his services again but if you do, I can't reccomend a better cardiologist!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

About 3 years ago, obtain referral to this Dr concerning occasional chest pains in heart area. Sent for Echo & Chemical Stress Heart Test. He did NOT find anything wrong, but my body was telling me something is wrong with off/on pain at heart. I made another direct appointment to see him to attempt to settle the matter concerning warning pain signs. No further action was taken by him. Feb 2014 I had a major heart attack & required 6 bypass heart operation because I had 9 major artery blockages in my heart which was caused by long term conditions over many numerous years beyond 3 years. After an extreme health loss caused by this situation, I definitely DO NOT WANT TO SEE DR. BLOOMBERG AGAIN as the matter should have been detected about 3 years ago when I was asking for his trained expertise to help me. It really makes you question his abilities when I almost died. I strongly suggest you seek another Dr concerning any heart concerns.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr Bloomberg is fine. Yes, he swings patients through. However it seems to me that this insures that previously undiagnosed patients may get help earlier than if they had to wait for another slower cardiologist. I understand the medical terms and concepts very well and can tell he knows what he is talking about. He didn't sugar-coat it. So? Good! He told me (nicely) three times to get on blood thinners (Xarelto) and each time gave prescription and samples, because of my nasty atrial fibrillation. I thought I knew better, didn't take any meds and guess what - had a stroke! It is 100% my own stupidity, not his. It's all in the human interaction, friends, I get along fine with the guy. Try, if you don't mesh, hey, move on. Bloomberg has my vote, and my gratitude.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

Very psitive experience, like this Doctor, he was knowledgable, though, and very helpful in making a difficult diagnosis. i was informed by me Dr that i had had a heart attack , great news the ECG was miss read and I have no heart disease. I excellent examination and fabulous person, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012