Ratings for Dr. SAILAJA M. Blackmon

I loved my care she is amazing with what she does. She made me feel comfortable and like I was the only patient she had every time I was there. She made being pregnant and the delivery very memorable. LOVE her and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Blackmon provided excellent care with my pregnancy. Very caring staff.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Great Doctor! She explained things well and listened to my concerns.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

I was referred to this doctor because i was on methadone for two weeks when i found out i was pregnant. I had to remind her that i was on this medication every time i saw her. She sent me to prkvw main to inducee even though i said he needs the nicu at pkvw north. She came in the next day and said she made a mistake, broke my water, then sent me via ambulance across town. My child was not delivered by her and she also avoided me during my stay in the hospital. Very unprofessional. Shes a smart woman but lacks general courtesy.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

She was very caring and helpful. However, I didn't like the fact she didn't review her patients chart before seeing her patients. I saw her for my 2nd pregnancy and I never felt we established a relationship because every time I saw her, I had to go back over things we had previously went over. So for my 3rd pregnancy I choose to go to a different physician.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I've suffered with ovarian cysts for years and went to 3 awful OB/GYNS before trying Dr. Blackmon, and I absolutely love her. She was very kind, attentive, and knowledgable. She was willing to try several treatment options, but let me decide what I wanted to do since it is my body. She performed a laporoscapy on me and now I feel better than I ever have before. She did a great job and I would recommend her to anyone. The only downside is she is very popular and you usually have to wait in the waiting room for a long time, but I say it's worth it.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

I thought Dr. Blackmon, was very short tempered. I went in for my 10 week appt. and she refused to listen for a heartbeat. She said that I was only 8 weeks along because you don't actually get pregnant during your last period. I understood this fact, but it still dated me to be in my tenth week regardless of when I got pregnant. She said she would not listen for a heart beat until my next months appt. When I tried to voice my concerns with this, she cut me off and raised her voice. She told me several times that I just wasn't listening to her. I told her I just wanted to know the baby was ok, and have a for-sure due date. After she had me in tears, she agreed to do an ultrasound. However I canceled my future appt. with her and called a dr. who said he always listened for a heartbeat at 10 weeks, which he agreed I was at.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Blackmon is very good. Very helpful and understanding. Only downside is she is very popular and often we don't get in on time.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

My experience with Dr. Blackmon as my OB/gyn has been excellent. Being pregnant for the first time, I had many questions, which Dr. Blackmon answered patiently and intelligently. Besides being excellent in her area of practice, I also found her to express a deep level of care and compassion for her patients. When I was in labor at 8:30 at night, she came to deliver my daughter even though she was not on call that night. I highly recommend Dr. Blackmon.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

She was very caring, and knowledgeable. She gave me choices about my care and provided all the options. When my condition worsened, she was very attentive. There never was a doubt that she wasn't paying attention, or didn't know what she was doing.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Dr. SAILAJA M. Blackmon's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)