Ratings for Dr. Myron S. Strickland

Dr. Strickland did my very first pap-smear 17 years ago when I was just 18 years old. He delivered my sister and did my mother's hysterectomy. She loved him so naturally I went with who my mother seen. I don't remember it as a bad experience however a few years afterward I found a female doctor I loved and have been going to her office ever since. I've suffered (2) miscarriages unfortunately since the live birth of our now 5 year old daughter and have had serious other complications that my current doctor hasn't been able to find a fix for. Desperate for relief I literally googled "the best gyno in Fayetteville, NC" & Dr. Strickland came up. I decided to make an appointment even after reading these reviews. I wanted his knowledge and even though I was admittedly very nervous and anxious about the visit I was willing to prepare for the worst and handle whatever personality he had. Dr. Strickland was so kind to me, even remembered who I was from years ago as well as my mother and sister! He was very gentle, listened intently to everything I told him, asked for additional details when I explained some issues and offered multiple solutions. He suggested I take home the solutions and think about them before deciding right away. I loved that! I'm not going to defend some situations I've read on this site but for me personally it was great and I'm so looking forward to finally having some of what I've been going through taken care of for good. He wasn’t a huggy mush kind of man. He was personable about remembering me but after that it was strictly business. I appreciate that. I can understand how some would take offense to his lack of engaging in personal conversation…etc. I couldn't have been happier with my experience and look forward to having all of my issues taken care of as I know working with him that they will.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I absolutely love Dr Strickland and trust him completely. He is very straightforward and he definitely doesn't sugar coat anything but I didnt take it that he was being rude to me, he was just giving it to me straight. Since seeing him I feel so much better and he has helped me greatly!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I absolutely hated this man! He was so abrupt. He never cared about what I wanted and I witnessed him yelling at other patients. I will never have him deliver another baby of mine or even let him in the same exam room as me.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Strickland is the BEST in town.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I started going to see Dr Strickland because at the age of 19 my husband and I couldn't get pregnant. He was the rudest and most unhelpful doctor I've ever been to. He told me I shouldn't get pregnant because of a physical disability that I have, and diagnosed me with PCOS without ever examining me or doing any tests. I still have been unable to conceive and I'm now 22. Still every time I go in the office he lectures me about wanting to get pregnant. Needless to say, I don't recommend and I'm looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Strickland has been my doctor for many years now and yes, he is very straightforward, however, I do not take it as being rude. He is plain spoken and as another post stated he does not sugar coat. He is a good doctor... I wouldn't consider going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I have had nothing but awful experiences with him. I wasn't his patient but had to see him. The first time he injected me with a flu vaccination despite me refusing it. I had a witness. Another time while pregnant he had the nurse shock my baby bc he said he wasn't moving although I coukd cleary feel and see him moving and I was in labor. I was 4cm and had a Protein S Deficiency and instead of sending me to the hospital he fussed at me and sent me home. By the time I got to the hospital a few hours later I was 10cm. He is very nasty and abusive. I didn't press charges but should have and would have if I knew that the injection was considered assault. He also visited me in the hospital when I had ministroke and didn't even read my file. He instructed me to take asprin, which I'm allergic too, although I was already taking Lovenox shots everyday. He knew nothing about me but insuled me every chance he could. I thought maybe he was having a bad day but he was always like that with me.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I took my 80 year old mother to see Dr. Strickland due to her gastro doctor said she needed to be examined because a sonagram showed a growth in her pelvic area. We chose Dr. Strickland because we had heard he was very good. Mom had not had a pap test in years but he told her she did not need one. He even told her she would not need a mamogram even after she had been a breast cancer patient. It appears to me when you get a certain age he wants nothing to do with you. She had 2 sisters, both older, but they continued to get breast exams and pap tests. I felt sorry for my mom because he made her feel like she did not need any services because she was "too old" for him to spend his time on. I would never go to him nor will I ever recommend him! My opinion of him is he is rude and does not know how to treat people. Oh, I did take her to another female doctor and they could not believe how my mom was treated.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Rude, unhelpful, and impatient. He isn't above raising his voice at patients.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Like many said Dr. Strickland does not sugar coat anything. He delivered my 2 babies (1 C-section and 1 VBAC). He was very helpful since the very first day; Dr. Strickland explained all the questions my husband had during appointments and even before both deliveries. I wouldn't trust anybody else...after God, Dr. Strickland is the MAN!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

Dr. Myron S. Strickland's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)