Ratings for Dr. David G. Calenzani

I went to Dr. C. years ago. Within 5 minutes he told me I was bipolar. Every time I went I walked out with a bag of sample drugs. Was always adding something to the mix. He gave me something called Seroquel. I slept almost 20 hours a day. When I tried to tell him he said there's no way! He wouldn't only listen to my husband and never cared what I had to say. I was so overmedicated I attempted suicide on 2 different occasions. Finally my mom stepped in and went to a dr appt with us. He first said she couldn't come in. I said yes I wanted her too. He literally ignored any question she asked. This was years ago and guess what? I haven't been on anything but an antidepressant for this entire time. No One has ever again said I had bi polar!! Please don't go to this dr!! He's a script Dr and does not have a good reputation in the medical field.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

This is the poor man's psych. He is a pill dispensary. He actually told me during one of our 3 minute sessions that I will "never be able to have a long term relationship." WTF? All I have is anxiety and depression for God's sake. That's why I am searching for a new psych. HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND. The ratings that say he truly cares about his patients must be seeing a different person than I am.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Calenzani and his staff (Connetta) and others, are very compassionate, punctual, knowledgable and gifted people who care first about you - the person, and get to know you before they ever treat your symptoms. I've never had to wait more than a handful of minutes to get in for an appointment, and this is one doctor I wouldn't mind waiting longer much longer for if the need came up - he's that caring and that good to me. His secretary, Connetta, is a jewel - never have I come in and not been met without her huge smile and a welcoming spirit! How many doctors' offices have you been to when all you got was a scouting face with the shouting words, "INSURANCE CARD AND COPAYMENT UP FRONT"! Not from Connetta! She may ask for these later, but at least you are greeted with a warm smile and asked how you are first, something that I don't get at other places any longer. I'm sure everyone's opinion will be different than mine, but I have found this doctor and his staff to be nothing but top notch! Curtious, punctual, and thoughtful, thou rough, and fair. A diamond in today's medical "roughage"! That's my two cents.....

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I feel like Dr. C. cares about his patients. I work professionally with one of them. When we go in to see him, he asks how she is doing/how she is behaving and asks if I've noticed any changes. We address them and I feel like any modifications he makes are very good (He doesn't know it, but I was wanting to study to be a psychiatric ARNP and studied nursing). He seems to prescribe as little medication as the patient needs or agrees to take, so I would strongly disagree with any "med pusher" comments. He has a very calm and fairly warm demeanor. I feel like he is very helpful and goes out of his way to make sure his patients are safe and treated well.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Dr. C has always been helpful. He is punctual and stays late for walk in appointments. We all want a quick fix for our children or our selves. I have been with Dr. C for two years now. We tried several different medications before finding the right ones to treat my P.T.S.D and depression. Aditionally, Dr. C was a referal from my primary care physician. I enjoy my visits with Dr. C and look forward to my appointments.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I took my son to see him, who was 7 at the time. He wanted my son to speak for himself and disregarded my input. At 7, I don't believe my son was capable of explaining his syptoms accurately. He didn't give me an opportunity to speak and cut me off every time I tried to explain my son's condition. He suggested having my son listen to classical music at bedtime, and although I am open to alternative ideas, my son was turning over his desk at school. I don't think listening to music at bedtime is going to cure that. Medication was definitely in order. I felt like his grasp of what medication to order and what to diagnose wasn't as it should be for a psychiatrist. Didn't go back.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. C. seemed much more interested and involved when I first started seeing him. He has always been caring and concerned. He definitely keeps up on the latest treatments in mental health. He spends a lot less time with me now and mostly asks only about medication or other treatments.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

I was not impressed with him. I took my little girl to see him and he was very nice to her, but did not want to listen to my concerns at all. The medication he gave her made her hallucinate. He got her right in after discovering the hallucinations but then did not have time to listen to my concerns. He saw her 3 times and each time was no longer than 5 minutes. Bottom line, he did not spend enough time with us.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

I saw Dr. Calenzani for 3 years and he kept force feeding me Seroquel for Bi-Polar disorder until the amount of Seroquel was so great that I felt like I was drugged up all day long. This lasted for 3 years and he never discussed changing my medications with me, nor did he ever talk about having blood tests done, as Seroquel increases your chance for diabetes, increases your chances for high colesterol and is extremely hard on your kidneys and liver. He also threatened to take my medication away from me because I was having a difficult time finishing my college degree, but low and behold, the massive amounts of Seroquel were making me feel so drugged up that I had no ambition to do anything, even getting out of bed. Over the past 3 years, I gained almost 100 pounds, again due to the massive amounts of Seroquel that I was taking. My new psychiatrist is fabulous and has started taking me off of the Seroquel and treating me with lithium. The first thing she did was do bloodwork and a sleep

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

He was super helpful. I just went in, he told me what was wrong, and what I could do about it. He's good at getting to the point and telling you what you need to do.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

Dr. David G. Calenzani's Credentials

• Univ Nac Mayor De San Marcos, Prog Acad De Med Humana, Lima, Peru (Grad. 1981)

Delta Dental