You may also like

Rate Dr. Stanley Hashimoto

Dr. Stanley Hashimoto's Ratings

I had been a patient of Dr. Hashimoto since 2003. Recently he has stopped seeing patients so I have a new neurologist. Dr, Hashimoto was always pleasant, he is very matter of fact which I like. He was never negative. I am disappointed that he is no longer my MS doctor. He had called my home to personally tell me that he was no longer practicing but unfortunately I was not home but my husband spoke with him and said that Dr, Hashimoto was not abandoning me but for personal reasons would no longer be available to see patients. I only saw him annually but for him to take the time to call to explain why he would no longer be my doctor I thought was truly going the extra mile.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2904569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

When I was first diagnosed Hashimoto told me to drop out of university because I would be dead in less than 8 years. Fast forward 24 years later and I'm still here. After all those years of doing fairly well I had concerns and went back to him for an updated assessment and help. All he did was yank my legs around roughly and haphazardly (which was quite unnerving) and told me"your legs are fine", and then he put me on a medication for my concerns without any counselling about what they would do to me. He was rude and dismissive and he should have sent me for an updated MRI. The drug he prescribed was a nightmare and it was the worst experience I'd ever had and when I called his office for help, they didn't pick up the phone so I left a detailed message. I did that several times and no one ever called me back. I finally weened myself off to it myself by getting the instructions on how to do so from the internet and when I called in to the office to report the problems. Voila I finally got to speak to a real person and his staff just laughed and said "oh well". This doctor needs to retire and let a fresher mind take over the helm. His staff need to go wash dishes for a living, because they do not seem capable of dealing with the public directly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr Hashimoto was outstanding in every way. I've just read the comments about him - the positive ones perfectly reflect my experience - but the negative ones don't jibe at all…. they sound written by someone with another personal issue with Dr H. For anyone reading this site to get a sense of Dr Hashimoto: you'll be lucky to have him for your neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2773190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Hashimoto has been an excellent doctor for me. From the onset of my diagnosis of MS and 8 years later he is the same understanding, knowledgeable and caring doctor. I am now on medication and continue to live my life to the best of my ability. He is supportive and understands to the best of his ability what I am experiencing with this brutal disease. I am very appreciative of his wealth of experience with MS and how he has treated me as his patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1545298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I consider Dr Stanley Hashimoto to be one of the most vicious human beings I have ever known. When I was very ill and neurologically undiagnosed, Dr Hashimoto ridiculed the brain scan evidence I wanted to discuss with him as being a"temporary aberration in the scan." The evidence later turned out to be a seizure disorder. This man is a self congratulatory phoney.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1545297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I had a very positive visit with Dr Hashimoto. I was running a little late due to traffic, but the staff were understanding,friend, courteous and very helpful. Dr. Hashimoto was fabulous; attentive to what I had to say about my current issues with MS; it was an intelligent conversation followed by some exam and his recommendations and instructions for the medication he was putting me on and he explained why he was putting me on it, and how we would be proceeding. He was very detailed in the info he gave me. I read some of the comments below and if you were depressed by his truthfullness, than you need to grow up..he tells it like it is; he's honest and upfront about giving out information. Talk intelligently and with courtesy, and that is exactly what you get back. Dr. Hashimoto has a huge brain; don't expect to be coddled and babied by a huge brain. He is a very busy man, but at no time did he ever make me feel rushed. I, for one, am very appreciative to have him as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2012

He knew that all possible tests were not done and he still choose to ignore it and treat me for things that were not completely confirmed. I was never tested for anything except MS and he knew that but did nothing. I have to agree with earlier reports he does not like CRAB drugs he knows they do not work.As for the Clinic if you are in a drug trial they are great if not they are not very attentive. The clinic nurse is terrible and goes with the old belief that MSers are crazy. They do not believe in CCSVI and nor do they know anything about CCSVI or do they try to gain knowledge of CCSVI so not all options are used

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Love him, he knows that drugs are relatively useless and does not recommends CRAB'S. I will miss him when he retires! His advice has always been great1 "Go out and live your life and be happy"!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1545294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2010

Dr. H was the most depressing and bleak appointment I have ever had, he told me that there is no cure and that I had 10 years till a cane or walker and 25 years to walk, he also told me that I could not rebuild any muscle mass and that once it was gone I would surcum to MS. His Nurse is even worse than him she pushed me aside one day when I begged he for several days to put me on steroids for the numbness I was experiencing she refused to let me come in for an appt. and refused to put me on the steroids. I have not been able to feel my hand since she had no compassion and almost seemed annoyed by my persistance to improving my LIFE. I Imeadiatly changed doctors and clinics after she did that. I will say this if you are willing to be a giney pig this clinic is great and if not go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2010

Dr. Hashimoto is a very intelligent nd compassionate doctor. Can sit down and chat on just about anything and everything. Sometime looses focus on the subject at hand. Hopefully he won't retire just yet. he still has allot to offer and his long time patients will miss him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545292].votes_count ]]