You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Stanley Hashimoto

I would see Dr. Hashimoto once a year after I was first diagnosed with M.S in the early 90's . During one particular visit there was a young family ahead of me, a young mom ,dad and their two children . The mom had M.S and was using a cane. They had traveled all the way from Prince George to see him. They finished with their appointment and it was my turn, the first thing he said to me was" I don't know why you people continue to breed like rabbits" Nice one!! I don't think he excelled in bed side manner.. He never told me anything I didn't already know.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I'm shocked to read the negative comments about Dr Hashimoto. After a spinal injury from a workplace accident in the 70's I Was very fortunate to get Dr Hashimoto as my Doctor. He was instrumental in getting me to complete my education and fought with the Compensation board for me. I'm in my 60's now and close to retirement from a successful career which I believe I owe to Dr Hashimoto.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I had been a patient of Dr. Hashimoto since 2003. Recently he has stopped seeing patients so I have a new neurologist. Dr, Hashimoto was always pleasant, he is very matter of fact which I like. He was never negative. I am disappointed that he is no longer my MS doctor. He had called my home to personally tell me that he was no longer practicing but unfortunately I was not home but my husband spoke with him and said that Dr, Hashimoto was not abandoning me but for personal reasons would no longer be available to see patients. I only saw him annually but for him to take the time to call to explain why he would no longer be my doctor I thought was truly going the extra mile.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

When I was first diagnosed Hashimoto told me to drop out of university because I would be dead in less than 8 years. Fast forward 24 years later and I'm still here. After all those years of doing fairly well I had concerns and went back to him for an updated assessment and help. All he did was yank my legs around roughly and haphazardly (which was quite unnerving) and told me"your legs are fine", and then he put me on a medication for my concerns without any counselling about what they would do to me. He was rude and dismissive and he should have sent me for an updated MRI. The drug he prescribed was a nightmare and it was the worst experience I'd ever had and when I called his office for help, they didn't pick up the phone so I left a detailed message. I did that several times and no one ever called me back. I finally weened myself off to it myself by getting the instructions on how to do so from the internet and when I called in to the office to report the problems. Voila I finally got to speak to a real person and his staff just laughed and said "oh well". This doctor needs to retire and let a fresher mind take over the helm. His staff need to go wash dishes for a living, because they do not seem capable of dealing with the public directly.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr Hashimoto was outstanding in every way. I've just read the comments about him - the positive ones perfectly reflect my experience - but the negative ones don't jibe at all…. they sound written by someone with another personal issue with Dr H. For anyone reading this site to get a sense of Dr Hashimoto: you'll be lucky to have him for your neurologist.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Hashimoto has been an excellent doctor for me. From the onset of my diagnosis of MS and 8 years later he is the same understanding, knowledgeable and caring doctor. I am now on medication and continue to live my life to the best of my ability. He is supportive and understands to the best of his ability what I am experiencing with this brutal disease. I am very appreciative of his wealth of experience with MS and how he has treated me as his patient.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I consider Dr Stanley Hashimoto to be one of the most vicious human beings I have ever known. When I was very ill and neurologically undiagnosed, Dr Hashimoto ridiculed the brain scan evidence I wanted to discuss with him as being a"temporary aberration in the scan." The evidence later turned out to be a seizure disorder. This man is a self congratulatory phoney.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I had a very positive visit with Dr Hashimoto. I was running a little late due to traffic, but the staff were understanding,friend, courteous and very helpful. Dr. Hashimoto was fabulous; attentive to what I had to say about my current issues with MS; it was an intelligent conversation followed by some exam and his recommendations and instructions for the medication he was putting me on and he explained why he was putting me on it, and how we would be proceeding. He was very detailed in the info he gave me. I read some of the comments below and if you were depressed by his truthfullness, than you need to grow up..he tells it like it is; he's honest and upfront about giving out information. Talk intelligently and with courtesy, and that is exactly what you get back. Dr. Hashimoto has a huge brain; don't expect to be coddled and babied by a huge brain. He is a very busy man, but at no time did he ever make me feel rushed. I, for one, am very appreciative to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

He knew that all possible tests were not done and he still choose to ignore it and treat me for things that were not completely confirmed. I was never tested for anything except MS and he knew that but did nothing. I have to agree with earlier reports he does not like CRAB drugs he knows they do not work.As for the Clinic if you are in a drug trial they are great if not they are not very attentive. The clinic nurse is terrible and goes with the old belief that MSers are crazy. They do not believe in CCSVI and nor do they know anything about CCSVI or do they try to gain knowledge of CCSVI so not all options are used

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Love him, he knows that drugs are relatively useless and does not recommends CRAB'S. I will miss him when he retires! His advice has always been great1 "Go out and live your life and be happy"!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Stanley Hashimoto's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I would see Dr. Hashimoto once a year after I was first diagnosed with M.S in the early 90's . During one particular visit there was a young family ahead of me..."

February 20, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I'm shocked to read the negative comments about Dr Hashimoto. After a spinal injury from a workplace accident in the 70's I Was very fortunate to get Dr Hashim..."

February 14, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I had been a patient of Dr. Hashimoto since 2003. Recently he has stopped seeing patients so I have a new neurologist. Dr, Hashimoto was always pleasant, he is ..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "When I was first diagnosed Hashimoto told me to drop out of university because I would be dead in less than 8 years. Fast forward 24 years later and I'm still h..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hashimoto was outstanding in every way. I've just read the comments about him - the positive ones perfectly reflect my experience - but the negative ones do..."

April 10, 2015