Ratings for Dr. Amy P. Early

I have been going to Dr. Early for almost two years now. I had colon cancer and went through chemotherapy and I am cancer free now. She always makes me feel comfortable and I feel is looking out for my best interests. I am the type of person who always asks a thousand questions and she is very patient and takes the time to answer all of them even if I may have asked them before. Yes she does have a lot of patients, but I never feel rushed and usually have a short wait. Our healthcare is a joint effort between us and our doctors. I have no regrets for choosing Dr. Early over Roswell Park or any other Dr.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

Dr. Early has been my oncologist for about 2 years and I strenuously disagree with the negative comments. She has treated me and follows me for breast cancer and is very knowledgeable, including being very aware of cutting edge research.When I needed a test not usually covered by insurance, she went to bat for me. She has seen me through some dark moments and I find her the most caring of all my doctors. I have also found her staff to be courteous and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

Amy Early came highly recommended from a friend who had cancer. I was looking for a doctor for my mother who had a rare form of brain cancer OR a massive infection. I was my mother's health care proxy. Dr. Early could not be bothered to speak with me, or even LISTEN to anything I had to say. If you just looked at my mother, you would have seen a pathetic, broken down woman who just wanted some hope. Had Dr. Early taken just a few minutes to speak with us, she would have understood more about my mother's case. She performed a PET scan on my mom and declared her cancer-free. My mother died just a few months later from a massive cancerous brain tumor. There are highly skilled, compassionate oncologists in the greater Buffalo area. Amy Early is not one of them. Please steer clear of her -- just go to Roswell Park.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

Dr. Early has too many patients. When my late wife would finally get to see her (average wait, one hour), Dr. Early often needed to be prompted to remind her who the patient was and what her situation was. It is not that she didn't care, but she just was too busy. On one visit I asked her about a new group of drugs discussed on network news. She didn't know what I was talking about. She is not on top of things.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Dr. Amy P. Early's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)