You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Beaulé

Dr. Beaule replaced my hip in 2012 and did a great job, after having waited over two years and occasionally thinking I had been forgotten I finally had my day and the surgery went very well, my recovery was painless, fast and in no time I was back to my active life again. I have read the reviews and see that some patients may not have been impressed with his bedside manners, this wasn't the case for me, he was polite, informative and did what he had to do, what else do you expect. I wanted my pain to go away and it certainly did without any prolonged discomfort. Unfortunately for me the two plus years on the waiting list were difficult but I suspect that this is the case in our great country where these kinds of surgeries are available for everyone, a little patience is all I needed despite the pain during the waiting period. I should have said this earlier, thank you.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Beaule replaced my hip Sept of 2014 and I am extremely happy with the result. I wanted to wait a year before giving my review, so others reading it would have a better overall picture. First of all you must be prepared for doing all your Physio afterward. It is imperative for a smooth recovery. Secondly, you will have pains and if you watch the video of this op on line, you will see how very serious a pummelling all your muscles on that side take. I am a 51 year old triathlete and going into to the operation I was in excellent shape. It has taken a year to work out all the kinks etc as well as working on the opposite leg that compensated for my bone on bone hip....keep working with your private Physio for a year if need be. Don't use the hospital Physio for follow up. If you are looking for a doctor who is the best in anterior hip replacements, he is your guy. Yet if you are expecting handholding, not the guy for you. I get Dr. Beaule and I was prepared to do all the post op work to get back to racing. If you aren't prepared to help your self with Physio,acupuncture etc to work out every ache and pain the your result will be less than satisfactory but not due to Dr. Beaule's work, he did his job. You are responsibility for the after care. I was cycling in May on the Rideau Lakes Century Tour and ended up talking to another of his patients....we were both operated on in September and back on our bikes within 6 mths......results speak for themselves. Good luck to anyone thinking of this surgery, it will change your life! Cheryl Turpin

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I have had a good experience with Dr. Beule. Very polite and friendly. Appointments are short but in my opinion this is because he is an extremely busy person and needs to get right to the point. I am scheduled for bilateral hip replacement and feel confident that I am in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

So I read the comments about Dr. Beaule on here before seeing him for a consultation on my bilateral dysplasia. I was expecting a very brusque, impatient man with limited tolerance for questions. He was the opposite. Dr. Beaule was pleasant and polite. He answered all my questions thoroughly and gave me time to make sure I'd asked everything I wanted to. His staff has been equally helpful - I can't say enough about his assistant Victoria. I don't know what Dr. Beaule is like as a surgeon - yet - but my experience with him so far has been excellent.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr. Beaulé is the best in his field. I had both hips replaced at the Ottawa General Hospital and have no more pain. The whole staff . from nurses to cleaners, was exceptionally kind and caring.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Beaulé is an extremely gifted surgeon who lacks people skills. Don't expect compassion nor empathy from him. Prepare and brace yourself for your appointment with him, if you are not very assertive, he will dismiss you quick. However, you can trust his skills; the man is a genius at what he does. I'd choose him a 100 times over again, he has given me my life back after years of debilitating pain.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

A big thank-you to Dr. Beaulė! It has been two weeks since my total hip surgery and I am totally amazed by the results. I am walking with a cane and moving around quite well. My pain is mostly gone and what’s left is muscular and related to the healing process. I choose Dr. Beaulė because I knew that he would do an amazing job and believed that the anterior approach was best for me. Yes, I was told to avoid him given that his bedside manner is not the greatest strength however I didn’t find him bad at all; he was there when it was important. Sure, he is quick and doesn’t do much small talk but who would with the schedule that he has! Knowing this I came prepared with my questions, which he took the time to answer. I would definitely recommend him! Judy Laws, Ottawa, Ontario

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Although I agree that Dr. Beaule is insufferably arrogant, he is an excellent surgeon, which is precisely why he's so arrogant. He can afford to be. He is irreplaceable and he knows it. I did notice that on the last visit he was attempting to remedy his public image and he genuinely tried to appear genuine, which is not an easy task for a man with such omnipotence. He doesn't suffer fools gladly, a category which most of us fall into. On one occasion when I arrived for an appointment with him, the hospital couldn't find my X-ray and as opposed to trying to locate it, they simply sent me for another x-ray. To arrive at an appointment with the missing records would have undoubtedly aroused his wrath. Much safer to subject you to another round of radiation. Also, even you book an appointment with Dr. Beaule, don't expect to see him more than once, as most of his underlings cover for him. And, on a beautiful sunny summer day, you might even arrive at the clinic to find no one there but a secretary to apologize to you for the oversight in failing to notify you that the clini was cancelled. So, if it's a nice day and especially if you are travelling a long way to Ottawa, and you're in a lot of pain, make you to call ahead to ensure that the doctors haven't decided to take the day off to play golf.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Paul Beaulé's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Beaule replaced my hip in 2012 and did a great job, after having waited over two years and occasionally thinking I had been forgotten I finally had my day a..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Beaule replaced my hip Sept of 2014 and I am extremely happy with the result. I wanted to wait a year before giving my review, so others reading it would h..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have had a good experience with Dr. Beule. Very polite and friendly. Appointments are short but in my opinion this is because he is an extremely busy person a..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So I read the comments about Dr. Beaule on here before seeing him for a consultation on my bilateral dysplasia. I was expecting a very brusque, impatient man wi..."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "If your problem is common and you are sure of your problem, Dr. Beaule will most likely do a good job. 5-star surgeon? Definitely not. That's all I have to say..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Beaulé is the best in his field. I had both hips replaced at the Ottawa General Hospital and have no more pain. The whole staff . from nurses to cleaners, w..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Two hip replacement ! Excellent result, back playing hockey and golf. Excellent surgeon, would recommend 100% !!!"

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Beaulé is an extremely gifted surgeon who lacks people skills. Don't expect compassion nor empathy from him. Prepare and brace yourself for your appointmen..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A big thank-you to Dr. Beaulė! It has been two weeks since my total hip surgery and I am totally amazed by the results. I am walking with a cane and moving arou..."

May 9, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Although I agree that Dr. Beaule is insufferably arrogant, he is an excellent surgeon, which is precisely why he's so arrogant. He can afford to be. He is irrep..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I HAD MY RIGHT HIP REPLACED AND 2 DAYS LATER I'M BACK AT HOME WITH ALMOST NO PAIN AND ONLY NEED A CANE TO WALK. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK HIM AND ALL HIS STAFF FOR..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Beaule is a bright and amazing doctotr. He fixed my hip with no side effects and it was back to normal with no pain! I strongly suggest you see him if you h..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from him. My story is very long. It will suffice to say that he did not provide proper treatment before or after my surgery. I went to see him often..."

November 10, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

April 15, 2013
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

September 29, 2012