Ratings for Dr. Paul Beaulé

Dr Beaulé did a total hip replacement on me, in 2002. Ceramic on ceramic. Still going strong. In lieu of seeing him, for a follow-up visit; I emailed him that all was great. He emailed me back, saying, "if you have any issues, come see me". Fifteen years later; perfect! Thanks, Doc :)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr B is the man for hips, plain and simple. If you want molly coddling and nursemaiding afterwards then you'll be giving him negative reviews. Excellent team who know their stuff which to be honest is what you really want. Let them do their bit and you do yours ie physio and rehab; rent the 'Game Ready' ice compression machine it's well worth the money. Good luck and happy rehab.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr Beaule did the surgery for my father for hip replacement last week and he did a fantastic job. He uses Anterior approach, which has much shorter scar and quicker recovery. We are amazed to see how the doctor could accomplish the job with so small scar. After surgery my father looks very well and no infection, no pain. He could walk with a walker and come home the next day after surgery. I was told the doctor is extremely busy and the day my father had surgery, Dr Beaule did surgery for 4 patients, and there is only 30 minutes gap between each surgery. Even that, after my father's surgery, Dr Beaule still come to see us to told us the surgery went very well. We are very much appreciated! I definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I am a veteran I needed hip surgery as a result of my service the country I had some forms that were to be filled out and trust with the doctor for an assessment with Veterans Affairs due to my injury while serving these documents were time sensitive and will not follow through by the office subsequently my claim was denied and now I have to resubmit the claim as a result I take this very serious and very disappointed

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Beaule performed a bilateral hip replacement on my 18 year old son in October. He did a fantastic job. Dr. Beaule and his staff went over and above in regards to being helpful. I definitely will recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr Beaulé replaced my right hip on the 15th November 2016. I can't give enough praise for him and his fantastic staff. The day after surgery I left the hospital using a walker but by the next day I was walking around unaided. When I saw the physio they were shocked at my mobility and I was discharged from them exactly 2 months after leaving the hospital. Dr Beaulé replaces the hip by an incision on the front of the hip, this reduces restrictions of movement and improves recovery time significantly. An absolutely fantastic surgeon who I have recommended to my physio and others.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

My husband had a hip replacement in April 2016. The whole operation went unbelievable well. He was operated on around 4 pm, and released walking with a cane the next morning before noon. As we were from out of town, we stayed in the Ottawa area for five days, as a precaution. He has had no physio but slowly been improving every since. Now it is six months, and he has 99% recovered. The only concern he has to watch his blood sugar level going forward. As a type 2, high sugar levels can result in infection of the artificial limb. Infection would be bad and he has to keep on top of this so he doesn't have problems in the future. The whole team from start to finish was Gold Star. We totally recommend travelling to Ottawa to have Dr. Beaule do your hip replacement. He is definitely the best. However, be prepared for maybe six visits before you are done. Thank you, Dr Beaule and Victoria.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

An Amazing Doctor. Had a hip resurfacing in end of February 2016 on my right hip and its doing very well. At the time of Surgery the doctor came and spoke with me and asked if I had any question concerns also came and saw me after surgery to ensure everything was ok and also went and spoke with my wife who was in the waiting room. All my follow appointments were not with Dr Beaule but his assistance who were all very professional and good at there jobs as well as on time. Not sure where the negative comments come from about him I experienced nothing but the best. Having my left hip done less then a year after my right. Would recommend him to anybody with hip issues.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Please check other options before doing surgery .. I've had problems with my body ever since my injury and the surgery along with the inactivity that followed it only exacerbated the problem. I did physiotherapy after .. but the free physiotherapy isn't enough for everyone. Dr. Beaule worked hard to be a surgeon and he knows it .. so he won't like to be asked any questions. My rating for him is low solely based on my bad experience and his attitude. Otherwise if for example hip replacement is your only option then maybe it's good.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Beaule has been my husband's hip replacement surgeon since 2006. My husband had a terrible accident at work in which he fractured both hips, his right arm/elbow and back. He has had both hips replaced several times by Dr. Beaule because WSIB forced him back to work after both hips got replaced the first time, against doctors orders, and then he popped both hips out again. He is an fantastic surgeon with great people skills and even though he had to have many surgeries (not Dr. Beaule's fault), he treated my construction worker husband very well and we would recommend him to anybody who needs hip surgery. He is the best qualified surgeon combined with the best customer service because he seems to really care about his patients and doing all he can for them. He doesn't have a bloated head like so many other top surgeons out there. My husband had many more complications after that many surgeries but none of these were Dr. Beaule's fault. If you really need surgery then he is the best you will ever find in our opinion. We'd give him more stars but I guess 5 is all we can give him. Remember, surgeons aren't Gods and there are always a few cases that go wrong for all surgeons for various reasons, but this is the surgeon to go with if you really need hip replacement surgery.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016