Ratings for Dr. Paul Beaulé

I am a veteran I needed hip surgery as a result of my service the country I had some forms that were to be filled out and trust with the doctor for an assessment with Veterans Affairs due to my injury while serving these documents were time sensitive and will not follow through by the office subsequently my claim was denied and now I have to resubmit the claim as a result I take this very serious and very disappointed

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Beaule performed a bilateral hip replacement on my 18 year old son in October. He did a fantastic job. Dr. Beaule and his staff went over and above in regards to being helpful. I definitely will recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr Beaulé replaced my right hip on the 15th November 2016. I can't give enough praise for him and his fantastic staff. The day after surgery I left the hospital using a walker but by the next day I was walking around unaided. When I saw the physio they were shocked at my mobility and I was discharged from them exactly 2 months after leaving the hospital. Dr Beaulé replaces the hip by an incision on the front of the hip, this reduces restrictions of movement and improves recovery time significantly. An absolutely fantastic surgeon who I have recommended to my physio and others.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

My husband had a hip replacement in April 2016. The whole operation went unbelievable well. He was operated on around 4 pm, and released walking with a cane the next morning before noon. As we were from out of town, we stayed in the Ottawa area for five days, as a precaution. He has had no physio but slowly been improving every since. Now it is six months, and he has 99% recovered. The only concern he has to watch his blood sugar level going forward. As a type 2, high sugar levels can result in infection of the artificial limb. Infection would be bad and he has to keep on top of this so he doesn't have problems in the future. The whole team from start to finish was Gold Star. We totally recommend travelling to Ottawa to have Dr. Beaule do your hip replacement. He is definitely the best. However, be prepared for maybe six visits before you are done. Thank you, Dr Beaule and Victoria.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

An Amazing Doctor. Had a hip resurfacing in end of February 2016 on my right hip and its doing very well. At the time of Surgery the doctor came and spoke with me and asked if I had any question concerns also came and saw me after surgery to ensure everything was ok and also went and spoke with my wife who was in the waiting room. All my follow appointments were not with Dr Beaule but his assistance who were all very professional and good at there jobs as well as on time. Not sure where the negative comments come from about him I experienced nothing but the best. Having my left hip done less then a year after my right. Would recommend him to anybody with hip issues.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Please check other options before doing surgery .. I've had problems with my body ever since my injury and the surgery along with the inactivity that followed it only exacerbated the problem. I did physiotherapy after .. but the free physiotherapy isn't enough for everyone. Dr. Beaule worked hard to be a surgeon and he knows it .. so he won't like to be asked any questions. My rating for him is low solely based on my bad experience and his attitude. Otherwise if for example hip replacement is your only option then maybe it's good.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Beaule has been my husband's hip replacement surgeon since 2006. My husband had a terrible accident at work in which he fractured both hips, his right arm/elbow and back. He has had both hips replaced several times by Dr. Beaule because WSIB forced him back to work after both hips got replaced the first time, against doctors orders, and then he popped both hips out again. He is an fantastic surgeon with great people skills and even though he had to have many surgeries (not Dr. Beaule's fault), he treated my construction worker husband very well and we would recommend him to anybody who needs hip surgery. He is the best qualified surgeon combined with the best customer service because he seems to really care about his patients and doing all he can for them. He doesn't have a bloated head like so many other top surgeons out there. My husband had many more complications after that many surgeries but none of these were Dr. Beaule's fault. If you really need surgery then he is the best you will ever find in our opinion. We'd give him more stars but I guess 5 is all we can give him. Remember, surgeons aren't Gods and there are always a few cases that go wrong for all surgeons for various reasons, but this is the surgeon to go with if you really need hip replacement surgery.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I recently met Doctor Beaule (my first appointment with him). He was very nice, very polite, very professional. He answered most of my questions. He was in hurry so I could not the necessary time I really want to have with him. I still have a concern about the BIOMET prothese (hip). Any feedback would be appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

This team gave me a deadly infection through the surgery they performed. I have been fighting this infection for a year with no end in sight. I have had multiple surgeries due to the infection. My year has been horrible. I am trying to stay positive and persistent but it can be tough. DO NOT have surgery unless you really really need it. I am not happy with this team but sadly this could happen anywhere.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Beaule replaced my hip in 2012 and did a great job, after having waited over two years and occasionally thinking I had been forgotten I finally had my day and the surgery went very well, my recovery was painless, fast and in no time I was back to my active life again. I have read the reviews and see that some patients may not have been impressed with his bedside manners, this wasn't the case for me, he was polite, informative and did what he had to do, what else do you expect. I wanted my pain to go away and it certainly did without any prolonged discomfort. Unfortunately for me the two plus years on the waiting list were difficult but I suspect that this is the case in our great country where these kinds of surgeries are available for everyone, a little patience is all I needed despite the pain during the waiting period. I should have said this earlier, thank you.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015