Ratings for Dr. Paul Beaulé

An Amazing Doctor. Had a hip resurfacing in end of February 2016 on my right hip and its doing very well. At the time of Surgery the doctor came and spoke with me and asked if I had any question concerns also came and saw me after surgery to ensure everything was ok and also went and spoke with my wife who was in the waiting room. All my follow appointments were not with Dr Beaule but his assistance who were all very professional and good at there jobs as well as on time. Not sure where the negative comments come from about him I experienced nothing but the best. Having my left hip done less then a year after my right. Would recommend him to anybody with hip issues.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Please check other options before doing surgery .. I've had problems with my body ever since my injury and the surgery along with the inactivity that followed it only exacerbated the problem. I did physiotherapy after .. but the free physiotherapy isn't enough for everyone. Dr. Beaule worked hard to be a surgeon and he knows it .. so he won't like to be asked any questions. My rating for him is low solely based on my bad experience and his attitude. Otherwise if for example hip replacement is your only option then maybe it's good.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Beaule has been my husband's hip replacement surgeon since 2006. My husband had a terrible accident at work in which he fractured both hips, his right arm/elbow and back. He has had both hips replaced several times by Dr. Beaule because WSIB forced him back to work after both hips got replaced the first time, against doctors orders, and then he popped both hips out again. He is an fantastic surgeon with great people skills and even though he had to have many surgeries (not Dr. Beaule's fault), he treated my construction worker husband very well and we would recommend him to anybody who needs hip surgery. He is the best qualified surgeon combined with the best customer service because he seems to really care about his patients and doing all he can for them. He doesn't have a bloated head like so many other top surgeons out there. My husband had many more complications after that many surgeries but none of these were Dr. Beaule's fault. If you really need surgery then he is the best you will ever find in our opinion. We'd give him more stars but I guess 5 is all we can give him. Remember, surgeons aren't Gods and there are always a few cases that go wrong for all surgeons for various reasons, but this is the surgeon to go with if you really need hip replacement surgery.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I recently met Doctor Beaule (my first appointment with him). He was very nice, very polite, very professional. He answered most of my questions. He was in hurry so I could not the necessary time I really want to have with him. I still have a concern about the BIOMET prothese (hip). Any feedback would be appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

This team gave me a deadly infection through the surgery they performed. I have been fighting this infection for a year with no end in sight. I have had multiple surgeries due to the infection. My year has been horrible. I am trying to stay positive and persistent but it can be tough. DO NOT have surgery unless you really really need it. I am not happy with this team but sadly this could happen anywhere.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Beaule replaced my hip in 2012 and did a great job, after having waited over two years and occasionally thinking I had been forgotten I finally had my day and the surgery went very well, my recovery was painless, fast and in no time I was back to my active life again. I have read the reviews and see that some patients may not have been impressed with his bedside manners, this wasn't the case for me, he was polite, informative and did what he had to do, what else do you expect. I wanted my pain to go away and it certainly did without any prolonged discomfort. Unfortunately for me the two plus years on the waiting list were difficult but I suspect that this is the case in our great country where these kinds of surgeries are available for everyone, a little patience is all I needed despite the pain during the waiting period. I should have said this earlier, thank you.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Beaule replaced my hip Sept of 2014 and I am extremely happy with the result. I wanted to wait a year before giving my review, so others reading it would have a better overall picture. First of all you must be prepared for doing all your Physio afterward. It is imperative for a smooth recovery. Secondly, you will have pains and if you watch the video of this op on line, you will see how very serious a pummelling all your muscles on that side take. I am a 51 year old triathlete and going into to the operation I was in excellent shape. It has taken a year to work out all the kinks etc as well as working on the opposite leg that compensated for my bone on bone hip....keep working with your private Physio for a year if need be. Don't use the hospital Physio for follow up. If you are looking for a doctor who is the best in anterior hip replacements, he is your guy. Yet if you are expecting handholding, not the guy for you. I get Dr. Beaule and I was prepared to do all the post op work to get back to racing. If you aren't prepared to help your self with Physio,acupuncture etc to work out every ache and pain the your result will be less than satisfactory but not due to Dr. Beaule's work, he did his job. You are responsibility for the after care. I was cycling in May on the Rideau Lakes Century Tour and ended up talking to another of his patients....we were both operated on in September and back on our bikes within 6 mths......results speak for themselves. Good luck to anyone thinking of this surgery, it will change your life! Cheryl Turpin

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I have had a good experience with Dr. Beule. Very polite and friendly. Appointments are short but in my opinion this is because he is an extremely busy person and needs to get right to the point. I am scheduled for bilateral hip replacement and feel confident that I am in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

So I read the comments about Dr. Beaule on here before seeing him for a consultation on my bilateral dysplasia. I was expecting a very brusque, impatient man with limited tolerance for questions. He was the opposite. Dr. Beaule was pleasant and polite. He answered all my questions thoroughly and gave me time to make sure I'd asked everything I wanted to. His staff has been equally helpful - I can't say enough about his assistant Victoria. I don't know what Dr. Beaule is like as a surgeon - yet - but my experience with him so far has been excellent.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

If your problem is common and you are sure of your problem, Dr. Beaule will most likely do a good job. 5-star surgeon? Definitely not. That's all I have to say.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015