You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Beaulé

Dr. Paul Beaulé's Ratings

Dr. Beaulé is the best in his field. I had both hips replaced at the Ottawa General Hospital and have no more pain. The whole staff . from nurses to cleaners, was exceptionally kind and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2853616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Two hip replacement ! Excellent result, back playing hockey and golf.
Excellent surgeon, would recommend 100% !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Beaulé is an extremely gifted surgeon who lacks people skills. Don't expect compassion nor empathy from him. Prepare and brace yourself for your appointment with him, if you are not very assertive, he will dismiss you quick. However, you can trust his skills; the man is a genius at what he does. I'd choose him a 100 times over again, he has given me my life back after years of debilitating pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2814440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

A big thank-you to Dr. Beaulė! It has been two weeks since my total hip surgery and I am totally amazed by the results. I am walking with a cane and moving around quite well. My pain is mostly gone and what’s left is muscular and related to the healing process.

I choose Dr. Beaulė because I knew that he would do an amazing job and believed that the anterior approach was best for me. Yes, I was told to avoid him given that his bedside manner is not the greatest strength however I didn’t find him bad at all; he was there when it was important. Sure, he is quick and doesn’t do much small talk but who would with the schedule that he has! Knowing this I came prepared with my questions, which he took the time to answer. I would definitely recommend him!
Judy Laws, Ottawa, Ontario

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2802639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Although I agree that Dr. Beaule is insufferably arrogant, he is an excellent surgeon, which is precisely why he's so arrogant. He can afford to be. He is irreplaceable and he knows it. I did notice that on the last visit he was attempting to remedy his public image and he genuinely tried to appear genuine, which is not an easy task for a man with such omnipotence. He doesn't suffer fools gladly, a category which most of us fall into. On one occasion when I arrived for an appointment with him, the hospital couldn't find my X-ray and as opposed to trying to locate it, they simply sent me for another x-ray. To arrive at an appointment with the missing records would have undoubtedly aroused his wrath. Much safer to subject you to another round of radiation.
Also, even you book an appointment with Dr. Beaule, don't expect to see him more than once, as most of his underlings cover for him. And, on a beautiful sunny summer day, you might even arrive at the clinic to find no one there but a secretary to apologize to you for the oversight in failing to notify you that the clini was cancelled. So, if it's a nice day and especially if you are travelling a long way to Ottawa, and you're in a lot of pain, make you to call ahead to ensure that the doctors haven't decided to take the day off to play golf.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2797221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I HAD MY RIGHT HIP REPLACED AND 2 DAYS LATER I'M BACK AT HOME WITH ALMOST NO PAIN AND ONLY NEED A CANE TO WALK.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK HIM AND ALL HIS STAFF FOR THE SUPER TREATMENT I RECEIVED.
MARC LECLERC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

Dr. Beaule is a bright and amazing doctotr. He fixed my hip with no side effects and it was back to normal with no pain! I strongly suggest you see him if you have a hip problem/injury.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Stay away from him. My story is very long. It will suffice to say that he did not provide proper treatment before or after my surgery. I went to see him often to explain repeatedly that there is something terribly wrong - that my hip replacement was more painful that before the surgery. He more or less denied that there was a problem. He is also arrogant, too busy and I always felt I was just a number and not a patient. I will not go on except to say - look for another surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2613765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Although I must attest to his abilities as a surgeon (2 successful surgeries),I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. The clinic runs anywhere from 1.5-3hrs late consistently and you are very rushed when you actually see the doctor. Dr. Beaule has never read my chart prior to entering the exam room in over 8 years, he asks me what he did last time. I come prepared with questions as you MUST force him to sit and answer them,often he walks out of the room without giving the chance to ask questions. He knows his material (surgery) but is not helpful whatsoever in helping to cope with pain, alternative therapies while you wait the long queue for surgery. He is dismissive, uninterested in his patients and rude with patients/staff. He is a good surgeon with terrible people skills and I dread each follow-up with him. If you must use Dr. Beaule (as I did), I suggest you come prepared and advocate for great care. If you are not a great advocate, bring someone who is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1545422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

Dr. Beaule performed arthroscopic surgery on both my hips over ten years ago,while the procedure was still being evaluated by the FDA for approval in the U.S. Both operations went very smoothly. I was supremely confident in Dr. Beaule's expertise, very satisfied with his explanations & his bedside manner. The surgery was performed through the UCLA Medical Group, and I am 100% satisfied with the outcome. Dr. Beaule is one of the original surgeons to use this procedure, at least in the U.S. I believe he used the DePuy ASR System, which was recalled in 2010 due to some patients requiring revision surgery, but as of today,I have had no problems of any kind. I would definitely recommend this surgery - so long as you do not fall into one of the groups for which this procedure is not recommended.After surgery be sure to exercise the muscles in your legs regularly and keep your weight down. I believe this is one of the reasons my hips are still functioning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1545421].votes_count ]]