Ratings for Dr. William R. Grace

Dr. Grace thinks “out of the box”. He does not suffer from the “group think” that seems to dominate the larger hospitals, where the approaches seem to be “one size fits all” and, at least in my case, utilizing chemotherapy drugs that have been around since the 1970s, while ignoring the latest developments in approved chemotherapy treatments. In September 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage 3A lung cancer by one of the world’s leading teaching hospitals in Boston. They laid out a program of treatment involving six weeks of daily chemotherapy and radiation therapy, the goal of which was to shrink the tumor, followed by surgery to remove what was left. The chemo/radiation therapy was administered by another teaching hospital nearer my home, with their complete agreement that the treatment plan prescribed by the Boston hospital was the best plan of attack. At the conclusion of the treatment, a PET scan in January 2016 revealed no shrinkage whatsoever. The Boston hospital still recommended surgery which was scheduled for early February 2016. My brother-in-law, who is an MD, recommended that I consider having the tumor sent off for cytometric profiling by the Weisenthal Cancer Group. Cytometric profiling, though expensive and not covered by Medicare, my primary insurance, consists of cutting the tumor into pieces and exposing each piece to a different chemotherapy drug to determine which ones were the most successful at killing MY cancer cells. When I posed this approach to my oncologist and radiation oncologist at the Boston hospital, the reaction was ignorance of the concept by both, as well as a snide remark by the radiation oncologist that they only support “science-based” approaches to cancer treatment. They were not supportive of having my tumor shipped off in refrigerated packaging to the Weisenthal Cancer Group for testing. Again with the help of my brother-in-law, we located Dr. William R. Grace. Dr. Grace regularly employs cytometric profiling by the Weisenthal Cancer Group and has a 90% success rate from doing so. I talked with Dr. Grace in late January 2016 on the telephone and it became immediately clear that his approach would be a much more personalized one. I set up an appointment to meet with Dr. Grace and a series of specialists at Lenox Hill Hospital, culminating with surgery to remove my tumor and send it off for cytometric profiling. However, the surgeon discovered that the surgery would be extremely high risk because some of the scar tissue caused by the radiation was leaning up against my trachea. This also meant that we would not be able to get a sample of the tumor to send off for cytometric profiling. Since surgery was not an option at this time, Dr. Grace treated me sequentially over the next six months with two different oral chemotherapies and an immunotherapy, each having been developed and approved by the FDA in October 2016 for treatment of my very specific type of cancer: non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with the ALK mutation. The tumor shrinkage, which was very significant after only two months, was reduced in size by 90% after four months and absent from PET scans performed after six months. In January 2017, eleven months later, Dr. Grace proclaimed me to be “in complete remission”! If I had followed the original treatment plan, I would now be minus a lung. Thanks to Dr. Grace, I can now go forward in my life without that impairment.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

DR GRACE IS A DISGRACE... FORCED CHEMO ON MY MOM KNOWING SHE HAD FISTULAS DEVELOP FROM CT SCAN CAUSING HER FURTHER DAMAGE.. LET HER BE RELEASED WITHOUT TREATMENT AND CONCEALED KNOWLEDGE OF LEAKS WHCI GOT WORSE DUE TO HIS NEGLECT ABUSE.. HE CURSED HER TO MY FACE IN HIS OFFICE AND SHE CONTRACTED DANGEROUS BLACK MOLD VIRUS FROM HIS OFFICE FROM OLD CHEMO MEDS NEGLIGENCE... HE THEN CONTINUED TO HARASS HER WHEN TOLD NOT TO CONTACT HER ANYMORE CAME TO HER ROOM 3X ALTHOUGH HE WAS TOLD NOT TO.. HE BELONGS IN JAIL AND HIS LICENSE REVOKED.. HE IS BY FAR THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET OR HEARD OF DO NOT TRUST HIM HE IS VERY BAD MAN.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr.Grace I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at the age of 35 and went to Sloan first but it did not work out for me and I thank G-d that I did not stop at Sloan but continued looking for a doctor that would care and that would share the same goals with me and I would feel comfortable with. Doctors are not Gods!!! And Dr.Grace is one of the very few in the profession who realizes that! So he did not take a hope away from me and from the first visit he has set me up for a good start. So here is what I think is important in your oncologist that dr.Grace certainly is. First, the oncologist has to have the same goal as you to get you into remission, meaning not controlling but eradicating cancer. And he used chemo sensitivity that has made wonders to put me into remission. Second, cancer is something that has to be approached from different angles including change in diet, life style and positive attitude. If your doctor is only giving you a drug to cover up temporarily the symptoms, you may need another doctor. The very first visit he told me to stop eating red meat, dairy and start excising. You just have to do it. Third, treatment should be individual based, not based on the current protocol of a hospital, otherwise you are just becoming a research material for the best research center in the world. And this is not what you want to be. The chemo sensitivity test that was done on my tumor by dr Grace showed that the drug Sloan was going to treat me with (protocol of Sloan) would not be effective on me. One thing to be aware of: 1) chemo sensitivity is experimental medicine and you will have to come up with money to pay for it but was worth everything we paid (for me it was 2k or so but cost may be up to 5-8k); 2) Dr.grace does not accept all insurances which I first was only paying for visits and had arrangement to have chemo treatment done at Lenox Hill infusion center by his orders and that was fully covered (but I actually after meeting my out of pocket maximum had few chemos received at his office and would recommend that). Cancer can be successfully treated! Chemo is very tough to live through!!! God bless you and help you. I have been in remission for about a year and expecting a surprise child which my dear doctor William Grace told me to keep and just said to pray G-d while he is taking care of me and continue having only positive attitude!!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

dr grace forgot to give me oral prednisone as part of my RCHOP chemotherapy. when the mistake was discovered a week later, he dosed me with 2 1/2 times the normal dose at a point in my cycle when I was neutrapenic. Once I had developed an obvious infection in my right shoulder, he took blood ciltures and sent me home rather than the ER. I was admitted to the hospital by my.primary care the next day. I had sepsis, was unconscious for 10 days while they operated twice on my shoulder. I was put on patient controlled anesthesia with a basal rate of 0, when I couldnt know to push the button. I almost died, and then had to crawl out of the grave and continue my chemo from a completely debilitated point with another oncologist, who was excellent. dr Grace's office still billed me despite numerous misteps while I was hospitaluzed, including boarding me with a patient who had MRSA and giving me no bowel plan which led to an anal fissure. He is the last doctor I would ever recommend.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

While you are a "Ginny Pig", a "Study" or "Protocol Number" to one of the nations greatest, leading and most reputable facilities you are a real person or very close individual, a human being for Dr. Grace. While those so called best institutions treat you under protocol Dr. Grace approaches you as an individual. While they try to control your disease and let you die slowly Dr. Grace is trying to kill the cancer and let you preserve your life and let you have full healthy life. This is what my wife and I felt on first visit with him. He does not test your cancer in your body. He takes a piece of it, tests it in lab, learns what kills it and then he applies that particular treatment to your body ONLY AFTER HE TOURTURED THE CANCER AND NOT YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM with chemo, radiation, etc. while those "Number One" institutions give you a treatment that everybody else gets, by what the statistics show. So far he makes sence. We left those institutions and will go by what he prescribes. 2bcont

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

BRILLIANT DOCTOR AND HUMAN BEING. EXCELLENT DIAGNOSTICIAN. THE VERY BEST! MARNIE WINSTON MACAULEY

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

My husband and I are extremely greatful to Dr Grace. He diagnosed and treated my husband's cancer twice.He was very accurate, passionate, understanding and friendly. He answered every question we had, clearly explained the side effects and complications he may experience with Stage 4 cancer treatment. My husband experienced every complications and severe side effects during his chemo theraphy. Dr. Grace was there for him everytime with the best doctors caring for him for chemo related complications. Twice he went into critical condition, but Dr. Grace with the best team of medical team saved his life.Our relationship with Dr. Grace goes back to 1991 and my husband survived. He considers Dr. Grace a best trusted friend, still sees him once a year and he feels a lot better after his visits. Dr. Grace is the Best of The Best Oncologist!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

My mom went to Dr Grace during the latter stages of her cancer. While under the care of another Doctor the cancer had spread all over her body. Dr Grace didn't seem to mine that she was riddled with cancer, he was going to save her life. She loved him and wanted to get better because she wanted to be one of his many success stories. My mom died from an infection she picked up in the hospital before she ever met Dr Grace. Now, i am insisting that my best friend go to Grace because currently nyu is not going to treat her cancer because they are more concerned with side effect than killing her cancer. Grace cures cancer and worries about side effects later. He doesn't answer to board of directors who are more concerned with dollars and numbers than curing patients. See you soon Grace. I know your the best.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Dr. Grace treated me like he was trying to save one of his own family members. So far I am still alive!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

If you are lucky enough to stumble upon this doctor, you will find the most absolute wonderful, caring, intelligent, and extreamly concerned individual. Not only being Qualified by the highest degree, his confidence to help and possibly cure you, is radiated through his calmness, and joking personality, will make you confident you have found one of a few! He is truly a great Doctor and a great Person.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. William R. Grace's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Ameritas