Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Motzer

We thank God for Dr. Motzer. After being told by our local hospital that palliative care was the best option, we travelled to New York for a second opinion. It's been a year, and everything continues to be fine. Definitely worth the trip!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Motzer is a heartless, egotistical doctor who has no regard for his patients or their families. He is not God but thinks he is. Over promises, under delivers and has horrific bedside manners. I know he renowned but there are alot of amazing doctors in New York. Stay far far away

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Motzer is one of the most respected and knowledgeable research physicians in Kidney Cancer oncology. Many would asserts he is the world's leading expert on knowledge of the disease. But I echo many of the negative comments here. He ran four late for our appointment. His bedisde manner and attitude was one more interested in curing the disease than treating the patient. By that I mean your individual treatment may very well take a back seat to research goals. In my case, the pathologists at Sloan Kettering misdiagnosed my cancer as mesothelioma. This diagnosis was found to be wrong by two other hospitals including MD Andersen. When Dr Motzer believed I had mesothelioma, he discharged me from his care saying that he does not treat mesothelioma.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

I was treated in 1993 from Stage 4 Cancer at memorial Sloan Kettering by Dr. Motzer. After 5 months of chemotherapy, he told me I would be dead within 2 months, and discharged me. I was fortunate enoughj to try alternative medicine which cured me within 5 months. When I called Dr. Motzer to tell him of my good luck, he was not interested. To make matters worse, his office called my family each year for the next 4 years to see if I was still alive. My lawyer had to get involved to stop the harassing phone calls.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Dr. Motzer is a horrendous doctor. He will try a treatment one time, if it does not work, he will discharge the patient from his care. His bedside manner is appalling and frankly he does not seem to care about his patients. I would rather die of cancer than ever be a patient of Dr. Motzer.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

Dr. Robert J. Motzer's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Kaiser-Permanente