Ratings for Dr. Bernard M. Kruger

Was my oncologist 20 years ago. I continue to use him as my primary physician, seeing him maybe one to three times a year. Caring, supportive and helpful. Great diagnostician. Highly responsive. Ensured that I got to see a cardiologist immediately after I came to see him with vague cardiac symptoms, and it turned out an artery was 95% blocked that needed prompt attention. Speaks to and cooperates with other doctors I work with. Is thorough but looks to have as minimal medication and intervention as possible and still have good outcome. Is extremely available. Staff will file papers for insurance but does not accept insurance or participate in Medicare. Although his fees are high, he looks to save me money with referrals, blood tests by sending it labs covered by my insurance. He nearly always is on time, but occasionally be a bit late. I stlll rated him the best in punctuality as I do not think any doctor could be better in that category.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Been going to Bernie Kruger on and off for 15+ years. You'll wait 1 hour for a 3 minute exam! He does not remember what he did the last time you were there. I had an oncologist send over a report to him but he could not find it. Said his filling system was being revamped. Low and behold 10 minutes later he found it in a pile on his desk. Gives a variety of diagnosis. "Celebrity" doctor. Hamptoms scene stuff. If you need a flu shot or have a cold maybe but if your life depends on good care find someone else.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

I had a really, really, really bad experience with this guy. This was about ten years ago. The receptionist insisted I pay them directly for the visit and said she'd submit for the claim and pay me back. The bill each time was huge: $1,000. After three visits, I hadn['t gotten any money back. I couldn't stand the doctor--he was disorganized and seemed off. For instance, when I mentioned the name of my last oncologist, he said, "Oh yeah, I really wanted to go out with her." He wanted me to get scans but didn't seem to be affiliated with any hospital. He said, "Can't you sneak into Sloan Kettering and get them to do them?" It went on like this for 3 visits and then I got out of there fast. I could never get them to send me the money they owed me and finally just gave up. Then, lo and behold, a few years later, I saw his name in the paper: office staff had been busted for scamming patients out of money. This guy's first name should be Freddy. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Bernard M. Kruger's Credentials

• Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Denver Co 80262 (Grad. 1968)