Ratings for Dr. Brian F. Canavan

My mom had gone to Dr. Canavan for breast cancer. First treatment had been 3 months of chemo, which my mother had responded very well to & had very limited side effects. She then had a mastectomy & a few months later, radiation for 6 weeks. Now some things that I didn't understand, since my mom had responded so well to a systemic approach, why wasn't that approach continued? It was never explained to me. The reason this was an issue is because during her time off between treatments, surgery then radiation, 6 weeks of radiation, the cancer spread to her bones & other places. On a 3rd hospital stay after just 2 treatments, she was a patient in the hospital, not in an Oncology ward, with another patient for 5 days & set to be released the next day. That night a PICC was inserted. The following day I receive a call from Dr. Canavan that my mother took a turn for the worse. 104 temp, in ICU, died a week later. Never heard from him again. No explanations as to why things were done.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. Canavan is one of the most kind, caring Dr.'s I have ever met. He leaves you feeling optimistic, and confident in his approach to the treatment necessary.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

He is a wonderful and caring doctor. He always returns phone calls personally. I feel truly blessed to have such a caring physician on my case.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Brian F. Canavan's Credentials

• Washington College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1989)