Ratings for Dr. Karen Stillman

Dr. Stillman was my OB for the birth of my baby in 2014. With her absolutely horrendous puctuality and attendance aside, she was very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable -- that is, when you actually got to see her. Many of my appointments were covered by other Drs., as she was "out of the office." When it came time to deliver my daughter, she was off again. Another Dr. ultimatley delivered my baby. However, my overall experience was positive. I do understand that Drs. have lives and they need time away from work. And when I actually did get to see Dr. Stillman, she had great bedside manner and was very invested in me and my baby. She just wasn't around much. The staff she had in Almonte in 2014 were superb.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Very kind and sincere. Her explanation of my problem was easy to understand. She did tests to prove what was going on and helped me figure out what I wanted and needed for treatment. WE made the plan. She took lots of time at every appointment and despite running late, still saw me before taking her lunch. I'm so sad I will need to follow up with a different doctor. She was so very nice! She's moved away. Too bad the local hospital didn't work harder to hire others to keep her here.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Do not use this woman as your doctor, because of her I almost didn't get to bring my child home. She is completely careless and a hazard to medical field. Go find a different doctor as fast as you can. She should not be allowed to practice. She doesn't care about you or your child. I wish I was warned about her when I was pregnant.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I had some minor complications after my birth with midwives at the Almonte General Hospital. She entered the room full of negativity berating the midwives for trivial things. While she DID recognize that I was bleeding more than normal and took care of the situation, she was callous about it. She never followed up with me, even though I was in the hospital for 5 days. I did see her wandering in and out the maternity ward dragging her feet and trying her best to avoid people. She never explained to me that it was possible for me to still have extra products of conception in my uterus, and never ordered a follow-up ultrasound to see if she had manually removed all that was left following my birth. Two weeks later, I hemorrhaged again and spent 24 hours with my newborn sitting in an ER in the city waiting for an emergency D&C.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

I have never met a doctor willing to spend so much time with a patient explaining their test results, condition and options. She is thorough and knowledgeable. She cared for my pre-teen daughter and was very good at putting her at ease, telling a few jokes and making her comfortable. I liked Dr. Stillman very much and am sorry that she is moving her practice to a new location. We will miss her.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

If you have any complications from birth, I strongly suggest you see a different OB! She is the reason why I can no longer bear children. After she operated on me she never even checked up on me. Very disappointed in how unprofessional she was with me and how improper she handled her responsibilities.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Stillman is the most terrific doctor I have ever had the pleasure to see. She is kind and compassionate. She took her time with my problem, even though she was running late. The same at my follow up, but yet again, she spent time explaining results to me and didn't rush me out the door, giving up her lunch break. When I needed something else urgently, her office staff squeezed me in - so yes, this was a more rushed visit. But I got seen!! Her staff a nice. She was recommended to me, and I am more than pleased. It is sad that such a fine doctor is leaving the area - she will be missed!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Stillman was pleasant and interested the first time I met her. The second time I met her she was very cold....had no problem with her. I had a pap test and she told me that at 68, I no longer had to see her as I had had no problems. I was taken aback at that as we have cancer of cervix, breast in our family...sister and 1st cousin. Two years later I went to my GP for a pap and have precancerous stage three of the labia. What if I had not gone to the GP - full-blown cancer. So for those older patients take care with her advice....

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Previous staff was awful, but the new woman working there is very friendly, helpful and professional. Dr. Stillman is knowledgeable, down to earth and helpful. She tends to run behind schedule, but during appointments she takes the time to listen to and answer all your questions. I'm very happy to have found her!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable, wonderful interpersonal skills. Unfortunately her office staff are a poor representation of her practice.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014