Ratings for Dr. Ian Dereck Baron

Dr. Baron is very patient, knowledgeable, thorough and answers all of my questions without rushing me out of his office. His staff is very friendly and helpful. He has the latest equipment in his office. There is no pressure selling his frames or services. His new office at 125 Village Green Square, Scarborough is professional, warm and welcoming. My entire family are patients of Dr. Baron. I will definitely recommend new patients to his office.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Known Ian since I was in school...I trust him with my eyes completely. He is very knowledgeable and up to date with the latest good and bad eye-related medical situations, and just liek a good mechanic you can trust, he always informs you of precisely what you NEED to do, not just what affects the bottom line.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

I've never had a bad time seeing Dr Baron. Always informative, kind and friendly - his staff are the same as well. Would recommend him in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

We have been a patient of Dr. Barons for over 25 years. He is a true professional who takes the time to go through thorough testing as well as patiently explains the results to his patients. Just recently I referred a friend to Dr. Baron and they loved him as well. Thank you Dr. Baron and Staff for always being there for us.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

We have been Dr. Baron's patient from the time he started his practice. He has never been arrogant to us, always helpful and very knowledgeable, answering all our questions. Our exams are not rushed, which makes us feel we are taken good care of. Great and fun staff. We will continue to see him as long as he is in practice. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

I can't say enough to express my gratitude to Dr. Baron and his staff. Dr. Baron is a breath of fresh air, knowledgeable, professional and he possesses a phenomenal "bedside" manner. I've never left the office without questions or concerns having been addressed by the doctor and/or his staff. Everyone is kind, and patient oriented. I value Dr. Barons advice. I'm filled with such thankfulness that I have found and continue to see such an amazing optometrist. One never realises how important eye health truly is until you've had/undergone the experience of Dr. Barons expertise. I have been seeing this fantastic doctor for as long as I can remember, and unquestionably I highly recommend to any and all to go to his clinic. Thank you doesn't seem enough...see you soon! Thank you, thank you to Dr. Baron and his staff

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I found him to be very experienced and good at what he does. Have been going to him for a few years now and been happy. He provides good explanations to questions and provides good practical advice for eye care needs. Staff is also knowledgeable and work well with you and don't rush you, even though it can be busy sometimes. Worth the drive to Markham.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

To make this short and sweet, I was referred to Dr. Baron by a friend who said he was kind, unassuming, humble and my experience was quite different. He was late in seeing me, almost an hour???? He was very arrogant when I questioned him about his tardiness. To add insult to injury he had his intern perform the majority of the exam. He most certainly has an air of arrogance, as I had seen in his dealings with his staff. I have never been in a dr's office where the Dr scolds and belittles his staff infront of his/her patients. My whole experience was horrible. I would NOT recommend Dr. Baron to anyone.

Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Baron is knowledgeable, professional and very approachable. He takes the time to explain things without talking down to you. His staff is very friendly and courteous. I never hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Excellent doctor. We have been seeing Dr. Baron for over 10 years. He is very knowledgeable, professional, kind and extremely patient. He has lovely new premises at 14th Avenue and McCowan Road.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008