Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Maresca

I received a bill from this office 4 years AFTER the insurance company paid the usual and customary. . The practice would not adjust my portion , even though we don't have that insurance and down one income. Now I have to pay $400.00 because of their negligence. It's all about the money in this practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

This "dr." Was on call on Labor Day weekend. I am a breast cancer patient of another caring and kind physician, Dr. Schaefer-Cotillo. I explained to the Dr. My symptoms of continual discomfort and pressure at the breast reconstruction site since my most recent chemotherapy. I revealed all pertinent information and asked him if he could comment on this pressure. The idiot's responses were mostly that he had no idea what it could be and that I should call my plastic surgeon. The worry/ concern in my voice would have been evident to any doctor. I asked him what he thought could be the worse case scenario with regards to the expanders and the pressure in my chest. His reply, "Well, maybe you'll burst into flames." I called him a few profane words and then hung up. Is this the type of person we want caring for people with cancer diagnoses? He should be kicked out of the profession. I am taking this to higher powers than he. He has no idea of the rage I feel. DON'T place your life in his hands!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

The long waits are beyond belief. Many patients walk out after one to two hour waits and sick patients leave frustrated. Not nearly enough staff at the Dyson Center. The nurses are overworked and often unfriendly, probably due to the situation. If you haven't started there, find another Oncology office for your treatments. Dr. Maresca is very knowledgable but very cavalier. All the files are still in paper format rather than electronic. To get the office to fill out paperwork for Disability is next to impossible. The only way you can get things done is by calling the Office Manager. So disappointing!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Maresca spent a lot of time with me answering questions and helping me understand my cancer. He is extremely kind and very professional.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2013

Staff is unhelpful unprofessional hung up on me twice. I hate this place. You should find another Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Went for consultation. extremely Unhelpfull. Felt like i was talking to someone at a sporting event. Said i should consider my cancer situation as a summer project

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Dr. Michael J. Maresca's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal