Ratings for Dr. Philip Baer

I am in my 30s and was just diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. That's a pretty scary thing if you know nothing about it. Dr Baer was referred to me by family. I personally do not think he is a fit for me as he seems more in tune with old age arthritis patients and not necessarily autoimmune issues. He is very dismissive about things like vitamins and refuses to think outside of the box with regards to diagnoses. His examinations seem to be of routine habit and he doesn't feel to be actually invested in your clinical signs when examining you, he kind of just goes through the motions. No one ever puts what their diagnosis is on here but I think it's important. He diagnosed me with palindromic rheumatism which is basically whining stages of RA. He didn't run any further tests outside of what my family doctor did even though he's a specialist and should be looking further into things. He prescribed me a medication based on an initial first meeting that lasted 20 mins that I have to take for life and hasn't requested any further testing since. Today I sought a second opinion and it looks as though I have been misdiagnosed. My new doctor sat with me for over an hour going through my complete history and has ordered a panel of bloods, X-rays and an MRI. She said she wants to have all of her own results and recent ones at that before she diagnoses me. Always advocate for yourself. This is a nice man and very smart but I don't feel he specializes In anything outside of your regular arthritis.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Baer & Nasreen provide excellent care for my 99 yrs. old Mom. She's done so well under his care, patience & thoughtfulness. Appts. are always on time, thorough & it's a pleasure to come to his office.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Excellent doctor. Has gone out of his way to help me deal with this dreadful disease

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Baer is very patient and caring. With all due respect, he is the best rheumatologist I ever encountered.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I am very lucky to have him as my rheumatologist. Dr. Baer is very patient, caring and explains things in easy to understand terms. He is an expert is in his field, yet is still very humble and respectful to his patients.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr. Baer is a very knowledgeable, caring, and considerate doctor who has helped me immensely with my struggles with osteoporosis

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Baer has helped me manage my arthritis and gain my life back. He truly is an amazing doctor who has gone out of his way to help me get better!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I usually dread heading to a doctors office, but I'm always looking forward to seeing Dr. Baer. He's pleasant, knowledgeable, and a great listener.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Dr. Baer's secretary Nasreen is very helpful and friendly. Dr. Baer is punctual, knowledgeable and avoids medical jargon-explains diagnosis and treatment really well.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

A doctor with good bedside manner who actually cares about his patients -- what a rarity. I'm so lucky that my family doctor referred me to Dr. Baer

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014