Ratings for Dr. Vinay R. Shah

To say Dr. Shah is and was amazing would be an understatement, the care he provides for his patient is beyond outstanding . He doesn't treat you like just patient, he actually makes you feel like a person. From our first encounter at 8 weeks, Dr. Shah made my concerns a priority, and never overlooked even the smallest things. He was very thorough and kept me informed of what to expect during each stage of my pregnancy. He is very competent, dedicated to his specialty and makes having a healthy mom and baby his priority. Although I had the perfect pregnancy, my delivery was complicated by isolated HELLP syndrome, my platelet count dropped to as low as 24, which as a health care provider this was terrifying. From the moment this critical lab was noted Dr. Shah walked me and my family through the process, checked on me frequently, and made sure things were done immediately. As things progressed, Dr. Shah was at my bedside with my nurse to be sure things were implemented efficiently and effectively to help me and son remain stable. Because of Dr. Shah, his exceptional knowledge and remarkable clinical judgment I was able to be discharged from the hospital as a healthy mom with a healthy baby within 4 days. If you know anything about HELLP syndrome, you know this is terrifying and the results aren't often this way. As a nurse, I'm usually the person delivering the care, I've never been a patient on the critical side of things with no control and I would've want to be there again without Dr. Shah !!! He is undeniably the most outstanding physician I've ever come across, and his staff is very helpful, kind and gets things done. If you want the best care, and someone who cares , take it from me, Dr. Shah is the best physician and my number one choice!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

Dr Shah did a fibroid removal surgery last week. He is an excellent doctor! He worked around my schedule. My former doctor has retired from performing surgeries, and this is my second surgery. The hospital was very helpful and I am glad I went to St. Mary’s. Thank you Dr. Shah!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

He has taken great care of me since my regular OBGYN doctor has retired. I had to have an ablation done due to my health issues he was in constant communication with me, my fiance & my doctors. I had never been to any one else since mine retired & he took over his practice. St Mary's in Passaic really cleaned up their acts & was very pleased on how I was treated knowing I have had bad experiences in that place. He is very gentle & kind & cares about your well being!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

He lies, he refuses testing, he doesn't care about the patient, but loves the money. History of cancer refused to send me for testing. Guess what? They found cancer with another physician! I had endometriosis real bad he did exploratory surgery never removed it. This guy is a clown! Im'm lucky I'm not dead!

Submitted March 9, 2018

I recommend this doctor especially if you have to get a hysterectomy done. I just had one done on December 27 and he did such a great job I got out of there walking and without any pain. I usually don’t recommend doctors but I grateful for putting my health in His hands.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr.Shah is very personable and always makes you feel comfortable. He is genuine and always has time to answer any questions that I may have. Very professional and knowlegable. I highly recommend him!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Shah has been my first & only OB . I would never see another doctor and recommend anyone looking for an OB to go to Dr. Shah. I have been seeing him since I was 16yrs old (about 10yrs now) & he has delivered my 2 children . He has also done a few procedures/surgeries for me and I have never been happier . He is so genuine and cares about your health as well as your baby's . If I could, I would get pregnant over and over just to see Dr Shah! (no im jk, but you get the point)

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr shah was simply the best Doctor We Could have picked . It was out first pregnancy and we went to a few different Gynecologist before a friend of mine recommended Dr Shah. It was an instant match. We never had to wait for more than 15-20 min. Staff was as great as the Doctor. I read some of the bad reviews that are posted here, I Honestly Do not know how these people had such different experience than mine. What I can say is that we are all humans and sometimes not everything works as planned but I assure you from my experience with him and his staff they are one of the best out there. Give them a try. Oh One more thing, on the day of the delivery he was great too. And when we got to the hospital and nurses and staff knew we were having our baby with Dr Shah, they immediately all of them put us to ease saying he was one of the best. He Truly is. We will see him next time we are pregnant. Thank you you Dr Shah .

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

The best gynecologist that i ever had, im 47 and this is the firts doctor that i feel very confident with, very gently and a good listener!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Very impressed with the way he handled my complain. Happy with the total outcome and his care. With Dr Vinay Shah, you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Vinay R. Shah's Credentials

• Hindi

• Municipal Med Coll, Gujarat Univ, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1983)

UnitedHealthcare