Ratings for Dr. Ron Brown

WARNING. ALL MALES STAY AWAY. I went to Dr. Brown under the pretence that he was a healthcare provider. I was told and i quote him "i wish all my patients were lesbians so when forced to work on their spouses they wouldn't be men". Until he gets help with his own issues please find an alternate clinic.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr Brown delivered my first child (emergency c-section) and years later performed emergency sugery for an ectopic pregnancy. He's a friendly, knowledgable and patient doctor. The receptionist that takes his calls is terrible. Logic and caring are not her strong points. I was told by Dr. Brown to contact him as soon as I found out I was pregnant so he can watch over me incase I have another Ectopic pregnancy. Her response was to say "We don't make appointments over the phone. I'll leave him a message." I have never recieved a call or any feed back. I did call one more time. Her lack of caring was remarkable. She would be a great hire for anyone wanting to decrease their clientele.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I have seen Dr. Brown once for a consult for heavy periods that are causing me anemia. He clearly presented my options and spent the time to discuss my questions and concerns even though I was late for my appointment. He also encouraged me to come back as many times I needed to discuss before making a decision to have surgery or not. He was very friendly and said ultimately he recommended going with what my intuition thought is best for me. I did not, however, find his receptionist helpful.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

He prescribed progesterone for me. It caused me to have two heavy periods a month and a lot of pain. When I told their office about this, they told me to go to my family doctor instead. Greedy and uncaring. Also, the positive reviews sound fake.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Best Baby Dr ever! I've had him for my first two children and now my third.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I first met Dr. Brown 1994 when he was a a fairly new Dr. I had bladder problems you experience after having children. He was able to help me then and I did not hesitate to call on him 19 years later as he diagnosed my prolapsed uterus. I had to wait almost 9 months to for the initial visit. He was the same caring man I had met many years ago and was great with my case. I had an abdominal hystorectomy, burch urethropexy, and few other repairs in the area about three months after my initial visit. It's a rough surgery to get over, but my care at the Grey Nuns was wonderful as was Dr. Brown's care after surgery and at follow up visits. This Dr. is super busy but I never feel rushed. The staff are wonderful to me, my appointments run smooth and I cannot thank him enough for performing this surgery and making me feel like a new person again. I hope he continues with his good work.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

He behaved in an unprofessional way when he criticized one of my life decisions. It had nothing to do with my medical condition and treatment. It was unprofessional and uncalled for. I have never had this type of experience with any other physician in y 40+ years.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

He did an emergency c-section which went very smoothly. He was very professional and my baby and I were looked after very well.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I have had positive experiences with Dr Brown. He is friendly and I have always received good care.

Submitted October 29, 2015

Beware. Dr. Brown's True Balance business in Sherwood Park, Alberta tried to scam me out of almost $400. I paid for two Candida tests--one for me and one for my teenaged child. Our blood was taken and the employee said that when the results come in from a private lab she'll notify me. After 26 days of waiting and my several e-mails and phone messages to True Balance not being replied to, I went there in person. (There was already another customer there complaining that her gift card balance was incorrect by a large amount). They are very difficult to deal with even though the reception staff puts on smiles. I was offered a choice: wait longer for the test results or get a refund. I chose the refund option because I said to her that I'll probably never get the test results. It took 25 minutes for the receptionist to process the debit refund due to her making phone calls to get approval and saying the debit machine had a limit on refunds! After this, I contacted the private lab and they said that they never received any blood samples for the Candida test from Dr. Brown's office! Once Dr. Brown's True Balance business gets the customer's money, they don't care about proper service.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015