You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ron Brown

I have seen Dr. Brown once for a consult for heavy periods that are causing me anemia. He clearly presented my options and spent the time to discuss my questions and concerns even though I was late for my appointment. He also encouraged me to come back as many times I needed to discuss before making a decision to have surgery or not. He was very friendly and said ultimately he recommended going with what my intuition thought is best for me. I did not, however, find his receptionist helpful.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

He prescribed progesterone for me. It caused me to have two heavy periods a month and a lot of pain. When I told their office about this, they told me to go to my family doctor instead. Greedy and uncaring. Also, the positive reviews sound fake.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Best Baby Dr ever! I've had him for my first two children and now my third.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I first met Dr. Brown 1994 when he was a a fairly new Dr. I had bladder problems you experience after having children. He was able to help me then and I did not hesitate to call on him 19 years later as he diagnosed my prolapsed uterus. I had to wait almost 9 months to for the initial visit. He was the same caring man I had met many years ago and was great with my case. I had an abdominal hystorectomy, burch urethropexy, and few other repairs in the area about three months after my initial visit. It's a rough surgery to get over, but my care at the Grey Nuns was wonderful as was Dr. Brown's care after surgery and at follow up visits. This Dr. is super busy but I never feel rushed. The staff are wonderful to me, my appointments run smooth and I cannot thank him enough for performing this surgery and making me feel like a new person again. I hope he continues with his good work.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

He behaved in an unprofessional way when he criticized one of my life decisions. It had nothing to do with my medical condition and treatment. It was unprofessional and uncalled for. I have never had this type of experience with any other physician in y 40+ years.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Submitted October 29, 2015

Beware. Dr. Brown's True Balance business in Sherwood Park, Alberta tried to scam me out of almost $400. I paid for two Candida tests--one for me and one for my teenaged child. Our blood was taken and the employee said that when the results come in from a private lab she'll notify me. After 26 days of waiting and my several e-mails and phone messages to True Balance not being replied to, I went there in person. (There was already another customer there complaining that her gift card balance was incorrect by a large amount). They are very difficult to deal with even though the reception staff puts on smiles. I was offered a choice: wait longer for the test results or get a refund. I chose the refund option because I said to her that I'll probably never get the test results. It took 25 minutes for the receptionist to process the debit refund due to her making phone calls to get approval and saying the debit machine had a limit on refunds! After this, I contacted the private lab and they said that they never received any blood samples for the Candida test from Dr. Brown's office! Once Dr. Brown's True Balance business gets the customer's money, they don't care about proper service.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I had an emergency c section and Dr Brown was on call the day my daughter was delivered. Dr Brown really calmed me down as I was afraid of having a c section - he kept reassuring my husband and I that both myself and my daughter will be fine. Dr Brown is a very friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate doctor who truly does care.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I have been dealing with the Tru Balance Clinic in Sherwood Park for the last 2 years - in February of this year - one of Dr. Brown's very knowledgeable colleagues said I needed to start seeing Dr. Brown directly but it could take 6 months or more. I got a call from his office in late May - made an appointment for early June - had day surgery in July with a follow up appointment the beginning of August. I have another follow up appointment with Dr. Brown in mid-September and both my husband and I were told by Dr. Brown, I will be seeing only him until he helps me figure out what is going on with my female issues. I can't speak highly enough of this man - through consultation, surgery and follow up - Dr. Brown has been very professional and trustworthy and has treated both my husband and myself with respect. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to have Dr. Brown as my OBGYN and follow his BHRT program.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr. Ron Brown's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Brown once for a consult for heavy periods that are causing me anemia. He clearly presented my options and spent the time to discuss my question..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He prescribed progesterone for me. It caused me to have two heavy periods a month and a lot of pain. When I told their office about this, they told me to go ..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Baby Dr ever! I've had him for my first two children and now my third. "

March 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first met Dr. Brown 1994 when he was a a fairly new Dr. I had bladder problems you experience after having children. He was able to help me then and I di..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "He behaved in an unprofessional way when he criticized one of my life decisions. It had nothing to do with my medical condition and treatment. It was unprofe..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He did an emergency c-section which went very smoothly. He was very professional and my baby and I were looked after very well."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had positive experiences with Dr Brown. He is friendly and I have always received good care."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Beware. Dr. Brown's True Balance business in Sherwood Park, Alberta tried to scam me out of almost $400. I paid for two Candida tests--one for me and one for ..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an emergency c section and Dr Brown was on call the day my daughter was delivered. Dr Brown really calmed me down as I was afraid of having a c section - ..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been dealing with the Tru Balance Clinic in Sherwood Park for the last 2 years - in February of this year - one of Dr. Brown's very knowledgeable colle..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Brown for over 17 years. I have always found him to be a compassionate Dr. who takes his time to address not only where the physical pai..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was completely disappointed in doc brown. He came in delivery room twice and seemed to be more concerned with the time it was taking for labour then if I coul..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Save your money people...never felt so ripped off. Followed my BHRT routine completely with very negative results from Dr. Browns ' True Balance' clinic in Sher..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Don't be discouraged by a few negative comments below. I can tell you that Dr Brown has not only changed my life through Bioidentical Hormone therapy but severa..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I never wait long to get into his appointments (which is unheard of at an ob/gyn usually). He phones me personally to inform me of test results as well if a for..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "i have been a patient for many years. he found my pain when noone else would even look. now after a hysterectomy, i believe i have a prolapse. he disagrees and ..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is spreading himself too thin. It was almost impossible to book a follow up with him because he wasn't taking bookings until a few months after my ..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very Disappointed! I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Ronald Brown at his True Balance Bioidentical Hormone clinic. The cost of the consult was $350 and I tho..."

September 20, 2014