Ratings for Dr. Stuart Wilkinson

Left a rating. Was taken down. Guess the truth was too much. Would never trust this man with a dog

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

This "Doctor " took it upon himself to side with my x wife in a child access battle. He admitted to me that he had personally interviewed my daughter concerning my treatment of her. Boldly stating that he had spent an hour with herasking her questions whether I abused her, physically and sexually. Then proceeded to write a letter to the court that he had done this interview, and it was his opinion that I should not be allowed to see my daughter, and it was his determination that she was traumatized because she had witnessed me abusing her older brother. Strangely enough, my daughter denied that any type of abuse happened, AND in his letter to the court, he states that my daughter denies abuse,yet it was his concussion that abuse took place, and that I should not be allowed to have ANY contact with my children. He also lectured me about what a lousy father I was, because I was never around. I am not sure how he came to this conclusion either, considering I never saw him monitoring the amount of time I spent with my kids. For whatever reason, and I can think of at least one, please feel free to use your imagination, he decided to help my x fabricate the lies of abuse or at least believed her bogus claims, and decided to get involved. This was no small part he played in helping destroy the relationship I once had with my kids. Please be it noted that this "Dr " is no psychologist, psychiatrist, councillor, or child therapist, yet interviewed my daughter about abuse, sexual abuse, and my role as her father, and in spite of her denial of abuse, he labeled me a child abuser. As a father that has a court order stating my guardianship of my daughter, he never once called me to ask if it was ok to interview my daughter and ask these questions, nor did anyone, including the courts ask him to interview her, he simply did this on his own, at my x's request. Ibelieve he had reason to do this, and this reason was simply to be an ass. If you are looking for an objective opinion from a Dr. my experience tells me you won't find it here. My opinion is that he should also have his license removed for giving an opinion where he could not possibly come up with the correct obersvation, he simply did not have enough information, or qualifications,to give an objective opinion, and there is no explanation for this action otherthan he had hostile intentions. BEWARE if you plan to see him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Two devastating reviews in Dec 2010 and Jul 2011, then nothing since. What is going on?

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

I went to Dr. Wilkinson at the IMI because I was seeking an MD who was knowledgable about holistic, integrative medicine. (I'd had amazing success with Dr. Trethart in Edmonton.) Unfortunately Dr. Wilkinson was never helpful. He condescended to me and wouldn't take my questions seriously, but would spend my appointment time raving about how Klein ruined AB, then pitch me out of his office so he could have his lunch! When I herniated a disc in my low back he didn't take it seriously despite excruciating pain and a visit to emergency - a massage therapist actually diagnosed it and made me ask him for an MRI. When the results came I got a panicked call from him that it was a serious injury - but he still did nothing! He never even checked up on me. Four years later I have permanent nerve damage in my leg and a bad taste in my mouth whenever I remember dealing with Dr. W. I highly recommend you avoid this man!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I will never go back to this doctor. Always late, I've waited up to 90 minutes. Doesn't listen. Makes judgements about what you have before you even start talking. I had an absess in my throat, had to sleep sitting up because the swelling blocked my breathing and he told me it was post nasal drip, and to go home.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Feel fortunate to have been his patient for 6 years. Rare to find a doctor who treats patients with respect, kindness, support, genuine caring, and is open to various avenues of action, which allows the patient to make an informed decision, and one that the patient is comfortable with. Also a wonderful human being. Has helped me enormously.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

Attention!! This Doctor has gone downhill in the last 3-4 years. HIs attitude is demeaning and paternalistic and his tone of voice is often crass and rude. He is always in a rush and doesn't pass along important information. I found him to be unknowledgeable when diagnosing for Autism..surprising as he is a DAN Doctor!!!! His receptionist often makes comments about childs health which are very offhanded and again unknowledgeable. It has been a real dissapointment to see this Dr. change in such an unfortunate way...because at one time he had alot going for him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Dr. Wilkinson is the best family doctor that I have had the opportunity to see. He goes out of his way to help his patients any way that he can. Definately a Doctor that goes above and beyond to see that his patients get the best possible care. Not only is a great doctor but a person of great character. I love that he personally calls me with my test results no matter the out come, it is not unusual for him to call at 6:30 still at the office. As a person that does not like going to the doctor's I feel very comfortable with him, I have most recently be seeing him because I am expecting my first child. He was geniunely excited for me and my husband as we have been trying for a couple of years. On my first pregnancy appt he put a rush on my blood work and called back the same night about 3 hours after I saw him and he personally passed on his well wishes to my husband. A stand up man and excellent Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

I came to Dr Stuart Wilkenson very depressed and at the lowest time in my life... right after my xhusband left me alone with my eldest two children because he had a devestating addiction to Cocaine. He has been an AMAZING support to me and my three children. I honestly do not think I would have made it through with out his loving support and care. He was Honest and up front with me about how I could better my situation. He has walked with us and supported us through both of my sons being diagnosed with learing disabbilities. My two boys both now attend a school that is taylored to there needs and I hear of many parents journeys through similar diagnosis and I KNOW for a fact that we are truely blessed to have Dr Wilkenson as our doctor. He is one of the most comassionate people that I have ever known.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009