Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Vanderkwaak

Prior to surgery nurses were making fun of his name but concluded saying they would trust only him if they needed an operation. Ask about him in the waiting room of the hospital and you get the same response, added to that he is said to be the only one to come down without fail to see the family when he is finished with the surgery (no matter how busy he is), as he did for my husband. Dr.V had his nurse call my husband every thirty minutes to keep him informed about the surgery. He is humble as the day is long. Dr.V prayed with me. I worked in a medical school in NY prior to moving south and have never heard of a doctor praying with the patient . He prayed for his surgical team and he prayed a beautiful prayer for me, and let me tell you God answers it. I have taken one Tylenol since the surgery, a testament to his surgical skill and God answering his prayers for his patients. If I was still up North I would have traveled down here to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr.Vanderkwaak's since May of 2002. I would walk on water for him. He is the best in his field!!! Dr. Vanderwaak is the one you want if you ever have to walk the cancer walk. He has the faith to believe with you that you can be healed!!! Dr Vanderkwaak prays with you and gives God the Glory for what Jesus has done through Him. He will provide you with the utmost care and is always learning to provide you with the best treatments possibile. No stone will be left unturned when it comes to your healthcare needs. I know this because I am a miricale because of Jesus and the only cancer doctor that I want want on my side.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Words are sometimes not enough Thank you for your patience and gentleness. God Bless You Dr. V (Da Vinci Hyst)

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

I am definitely in Dr. V's fan club! His manner is a little cold and nerdy during the initial consultation but he more than makes up for it when he examines you. At that time, he becomes kind, gentle and obviously interested intellectually in your body as a creation of God's. I'm obese but he made me feel respected. He performed a robotic-assisted laparascopic hysterectomy on me, and I was able to go back to work NINE DAYS later, rather than the expected six weeks. Dr. V works for Hope: A Women's Cancer Center, and I can't say enough good things about the entire outfit. They love you back to health! Their humanity guides their excellent medical training. They are always aware that they are working with human beings, rather than collections of symptoms. I wish the doctor who had sent me to them had half their professionality and lovingkindness. Brightest blessings on them all!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

Very knowledgable-very caring. The first surgeon I've ever had that took the time to pray with me prior to surgery. God has really blessed him with an exceptional talent.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. Timothy J. Vanderkwaak's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)