Ratings for Dr. Yukio Sonoda

Dr. Sonoda and Sloan Kettering saved my wife's life from the frightening experience of invasive cervical cancer. Through the process of 3 surgeries, he rid her body of cancer, and she is now 2 1/2 years cancer free! If your diagnosis is cancer, go directly to Sloan Kettering. I have never seen such an organized operation such as I have seen in this hospital. Dr. Sonoda is extremely competent, and talks to you in simple English that you can understand, even drawing diagrams so you can easily understand what he's going to do. He always takes his time explaining the procedure before you go into surgery so you know exactly what is going to happen, and asks if you have any questions. We have referred another family member who had cancer to him, and he performed the surgery on her as well. The place you first choose to get treated for cancer can make the difference between life and death, and Sloan is THE PLACE to go. Thank you Dr. Sonoda and Sloan Kettering for saving my wife's life!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

I've never had a doctor like Dr. Sonoda. When I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, he sat down with my mother and me and would not get up until I felt I understood all the information he was giving me. He explained every option as well as every possible outcome. He was a little stiff at first, but I've gotten him to laugh a few times. However, that doesn't mean that he's uncaring. After my surgery at Sloan Kettering (where he works out of)I was visited by him everyday for the 5 days I was there. He also has an excellent staff who checks in and constantly makes sure you're comfortable and makes you aware of everything. He made me cancer-free because he perfomred a relatively new procedure called a radical trachelectomy (removal of only the cervix) so I can still have chldren. I owe him so much and highly recommend him to anyone who, unfortunately, needs a gynecological oncologist.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr. Yukio Sonoda's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1992)