Ratings for Dr. Evan Brahm

He makes you feel worse about your life than before you see him. Stay away from him, if you want to maintain your sanity.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Had an appointment with this so called doctor last Thursday. He wanted me to pay in advanced even if my insurance already took care of it. I had to call my agent that took care of everything the day before to resolve the situation. The doctor walked in from outside while I was on the phone after the time we were set to meet. We eventually went to his office 15 minutes after the planned appointment. We sat down and he starts taking his messages on his phone and leaving a message to another patient to pass by in half an hour. He's reading his personal emails about raffle tickets and replies to an email. After that he took my file and started looking through it as if it was the first time he saw it. Keep in mind that we haven't talked yet. He started asking me who my family doctor was and my list of medications. I told him I also take vitamins then he said: "Did you read this iin a medical document? Vitamins are only good for the distributor because they make money off of them." with an arrogant laugh. We talked a little and the phone rings. It's his broker. He start talking to his broker about moving his wife's assets etc. Replies to some more emails. Went to the front door to sign for a package. And we eventually got back to talking. When we talked about medications he said: "There's this medication I can propose to you but it makes you gain weight so tale this one." he hands me a sample of 7 pills. I asked him what are the advantages of this one over another one and he said there all the same. He didn't want to give more information even if I asked questions about medications and other alternatives to help me get better, he would just laugh it up. And he just ended the session. I left with nothing but a pill sample and no diagnosis or prescription. I really do not recommend anyone to go see him. You will just come out of there more distressed then you went in. I read the positive comments and it's all patients that have seen him decades ago. He is way pass his prime and doesn't give a care in the world. He just wants your money! PLEASE DON'T GO SEE HIM! It's for your own sanity and health! Highly unprofessional and refused to give me any information on the medication. He's a pill pusher. Please be careful.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

I’ve been a patient of Dr Brahm’s for approx 17 years. In my 1st appointment Dr Brahm made some adjustments on my meds and I felt like a new person almost immediately . Dr. Brahm is one of the most understanding and caring Doctor I have ever met . He is very committed to his patients As for the negative comments that I have read ; this is not Dr. Brahm . I would highly recommend Dr Brahm to anyone in need of a very bright and caring doctor . You will be happy you chose him One last comment from some of the negative comments -!I am not a family member or a friend. I just happen to be a patient of a phenomenal psychiatrist

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Cold, uncaring, pill pusher. He diagnosed based on a 10 minute interview where he didn't let me talk or bother to listen. Pushed high dose medications on me, none of which I took or needed since. Shocking to see any positive reviews, can only say they must come from family or were paid for. Find anyone else to be your psychiatrist. Anyone.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Just looking over some of the comments and felt I had to step in. I'm an ex-patient of Dr. Brahm and saw him for over 15 years on a regular basis. I have never had a negative experience with Dr. Brahm. I found him to be professional and very intelligent. He helped me get better and I am so grateful. Thank you Dr. Brahm.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr. Brahm has a refreshing practical approach to psychiatry. He will take the fastest route to wellness.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr Brahm is an extraordinary, first-rate psychiatrist. He is knowledgeable, thoughtful, full of useful insights, empathetic, and effective in choosing an effective repertoire of medications. I can say these things after being his patient for 15 years plus. Without him, I would not have been able to get my life back in order. Thank you, Dr Brahm.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Worst psychiatrist ever. Doesn't listen, doesn't care, he's rude, and just pushes pills with no diagnosis. Do NOT waste your time or money looking for help from this so-called "doctor". He should be thrown out of the professional order.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

My son went to see Dr. Brahm for a consultation after a diagnosis of depression by our GP. He spent less than 30 minutes with him and we were charged $300.00 for the session. It's been over one month now and we are still waiting to receive the report of the session. I've called their office repeatedly and keep getting the run around. At this point, I honestly believe that a report was never written. I felt that $300.00 was a lot of money to begin with, but was willing to pay because I was told that he was a good doctor. Now, I feel like I was just taken for a ride, and it angers me that my son did not get the help he needed and deserved. Would definitely not recommend this doctor and will be looking into making a complaint with the Order of Psychiatrists.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017