Ratings for Dr. Brian P. Dudgeon

We have been with Driving Dudgeon for 16 years now and love him! Great personality!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have used Dr.Dudgeon for 10 yrs now. He is the best!!!!!! He goes over and beyond and is very caring to his patients and parents

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

One thing I really appreciate about Dr. Dudgeon is that he always explains what is going on to my son and my son always understands. This puts him at ease which in turns puts me at ease. Another thing I really appreciate is that he stresses to my son his personal responsibility in taking care of himself. For example my son was born with certain health issues and Dr. Dudgeon requires my son to promise that the will take proper precautions and care of himself before he signs certain health forms. He is in a very popular practice but I never feel rushed. I can not imagine a better pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Dudgeon is an excellent pediatrician. He takes care of my two daughters. We switched to him from another doctor in the practice at another location when my daughter was 9 months old and was chronically ill. He saw her one weekend and took the time to look at her chart and realize something else was going on. He quickly diagnosed her correctly and she was much better almost immediately. He is great with the kids and the parents. He is very smart and very thorough. I couldn't ask for a better pediatrician.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

When we went to Dr Dudgeon, we first explained that we were not going to vaccinate anymore due to a history of vaccine reaction (documented) we were told by him that was fine. Well, a couple of months ago, he called me and basically fired us as patients because I would not "catch my child up" on vaccines (he wanted to basically give her over 5 at one time, but I wasn't going to do any)He said he had changed his philosophy and just wanted to make sure nothing happened to my "precious children". Well, I found out his real reason.. Blue Cross is grading pediatricians in the area and they look at the number of children vax'd for each doc. they don't look at kids with contraindications to vaccines, they just count and we were a liability to his ratings.. so much for his caring about my kids.. he cares more about himself. SO, after 8 years with this doc we changed. When I asked for a copy of our chart, they just copied it all together and handed it to me, 3 kids worth all jumbled up. Lovely

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. Dudgeon is a wonderful physician. He is very attentive to the child and parent. He explains everything clearly and never makes the patient feel rushed. It is such a blessing to have a physician such as Dr. Dudgeon providing care for my child.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Dr. Dudgeon is fantastic! A great listener to both parent and child as well as being a very good diagnostician. His treatments are generally leaning towards the conservative side, but he is very willing to try something new if the first treatment fails. Can't say enough good things about Dr. D!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007

I recently moved to Georgia from Alabama and the only thing I miss about Alabama is Dr. Dudgeon! My children loved him, and I have yet to find a pediatrician that can compare to him. Always straightforward, always attentive, and extremely helpful. He is the picture of what a parent looks for in a pediatrician. I was never talked down to, treated like a second class citizen, or not listened to while my children were in his care. There need to be more doctors like this in the world!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2007

Dr. Brian P. Dudgeon's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hoover, AL