Ratings for Dr. Dimitrios Balageorge

I had my left knee total replacement done by Dr. Belageorge in 2012. I was referred to him by my family doctor. From start to finish, I liked him very much and we got along with each other very well. Everything turned out very nicely. Highly recommended. I am now getting my right knee done by him also.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Just had my left knee done and have experience a great amount of pain due to spasm . I find when I called the office Cathy was extremely caring and helpful and referred my questions to Dr BalaGeorge who gas put me on meds to help. Here hoping . I think they are a great team

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I've had both hips done by Dr. Balageorge and would recommend him to anyone - the experience and the service from everyone concerned - him, Kathy and the staff at Grace hospital was first rate and greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have had both knees done by Dr B with outstanding results. Important to do the physio. Grace Hospital excellent. Only problem was the uneatable food and that is not in their control but the WRHA.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Was a horrible experience. Was very curt...when I asked questions about why I was in so much pain he couldn't answer...then six weeks later when I could still hardly walk he prescribed a brace. At eight weeks there was no difference in my walking nor my pain I asked if this was how I would be now & if I'd have to wear the brace for life he just shrugged his shoulders in an "I don't know" kinda way. He couldn't answer any of my questions. I feel my knee surgery was botched. He started blaming everything on arthritis in my knee when I had only a tiny bit of arthritis in my knee before the surgery. I dumped him and sought out other medical attention and got my knee fixed...now I am pain free. I'd never have surgery with this doc again.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I had 3 pre-op appointments with Dr. Balageorge and found him to be very curt and not always punctual. If he felt the few questions I got to ask him were worth answering he answered them abruptly but for the most I could have the questions written out and he would not allow me to ask them. I found him to be rushed, cold, and heartless. I would not recommend him as a surgeon to anyone as the unprofessional behavior that he demonstrated left me canceling my knee surgery with him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

He is amazing . Took time to explain everything to me in detail and took great care and compassion.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Have had 2 knee replacements from Dr. Balageorge. He appears curt and rushed (hence the punctuality) but I found that if I had my questions written out and handed them to him, he took his time and answered everything to my satisfaction.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr.Balageorge operated on my knee last week and it went great! He is very friendly and speaks to you in a respectful way. He is excellent at explaining treatments and procedures and takes the time to be sure the patient has had any questions answered thoroughly. If I ever needed orthopedic medicine again I would want to be referred to him again!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I had a total knee replacement and found the Dr. answered my questions was friendly and always punctual. He saw me twice before I left the hospital and always seemed willing to answer questions. I have had a good experience with this Dr and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014