Ratings for Dr. Campanelli Joseph L.

First off he said that my son's lymphnode was swollen and needed to be removed, he never did an MRI to see if it actually was or not. Second as soon as I stated I think it is adenoids and I do not approve of the surgery, he said he was stuck. When my son went into surgery for the lymphnode removal, Campanelli said he would see if the Adenoids needed to be removed. He came out and said oh the lymphnode was normal size he just has a big jugular vein over it. He misdiagnosed my son, would not listen to me and decided to go through with a surgery that was not needed. If he had done an MRI he would have seen that my son's lymphnode was not swollen, if he would have done a check of the adenoids he would have seen that they were as he said on a scale of 1-4 in size they were a 3. This doctor is incompetent and should not be practicing medical.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Had 6 facial cysts removed. overall, the surgery went well. i'm still recovering. But a few issues. 1) i asked for 13 to be removed. he removed 6 siting that he ran out of time. I am paying for that time. 2) he offered no diagnosis or desire to find the root cause. just removal. 3) he did not follow up with me over the weekend to check on my status. it felt to me like he just wanted my money and add me to a wall of fame and that's it. i didn't talk to him pre surgery, and we spoke a total of 3 sentances post. I won't go back to him for this type of procedure again.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2005

Dr. simply told me that there was nothing he could do for me. He didn't even try. I went to Dr. Tolan instead. He was way better.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2005