Ratings for Dr. Ted Chiam

Worst doctor ever. My father passed away a few years ago from Liver Cancer - which was caused by Cirrhosis of the liver (which we didn't know he had, it had probably been festering for 5+ years). My father went for annual exams religiously and was his patient for 20+ years. How in the world this doctor missed it is BEYOND me. He went in complaining of swollen ankles a year before his diagnosis and Dr. Chiam ignored his concerns. The tumor had been growing on his liver for a year, once discovered, it was too late. No doctors would help us. He passed away two months after his diagnosis. He's a horrible doctor who is only concerned with making money. My father trusted this guy with his life and he failed him miserably.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Receptionist so rude almost impossible to talk to . Give up going there, very bad first impression.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

She is the worst receptionist that I have ever met. She is rude over the phone even when I tried to say keeping my name, and she kept asking why did I need to see Dr. Chiam, which I did not want to disclose any of my symptoms to her. She was kept talking (non-stop) and kept saying confidential info of the patiences. She even mentioned about personal matters of Dr. Chiam. I strongly suggest Dr. Chiam should replace her ASAP, as she is not helping but damaging his practice.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Chiam is excellent. My family have been seeing him for nearly 30 years. Anytime we have needed specialists advise, he has always referred us to them. Will be very sad when he decides to retire. Receptionist, well she is too talkative, and complains alot. She is friendly at times and abrupt on phone.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

My family and I have seen Dr. Chiam for a very long time, however I've started to questions some of his decisions. He is much to quick to give you a free medicine from his closet than to take time to find the right medicine for you. He has zero follow-up and is quite dismissive...

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr. Chiam is my grandma's GP and I am so disappointed with his care, although she loves him, primarily because they speak the same dialect. Being a RN, I disagree with a lot of his treatments and feels he downplays the severity of her condition, so I am always seeking a second opinion from geriatricians with whom I work with, who also shake their head at his decisions. If grandma is to continue to see him, I have no qualms about that, but it's his receptionist that needs to go. I have never met/spoken to anyone so unprofessional in my life! I've called a few times to inquire about specific issues and even though she has no medical background, insists I tell her the matter, than proceeds to give me advice that is so far fetched! She is so very abrupt and has also hung up on me more than once! Does anyone know who I would bring this matter to?

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

My family has been seeing Dr. chiam for about 15 years. He has always been helpful and takes the time to listen to you (although he should also put his foot down within reason to stay on schedule). Receptionist has been efficient with faxing over records and reports, and I share the same concerns about breaching patient confidentiality. It really is inappropriate to be discussing people's medical conditions in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Chiam is a really nice guy. He is very knowledgeable and usually helpful but sometimes he downplays the severity of illnesses. Even though the receptionist may teeter on the edge of unethical at times, I absolutely love her. She never fails to make my day. She is hilarious and sweet.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Decent doctor, not really sure that he checks for details. Takes the time to listen and explain things and is very knowledgeable but i am still skeptical with his final diagnosis. Still going to get a second opinion but overall a decent doctor and definetly one of the better ones that i have had.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

this dude can't speak english at all... i'm getting a second opinion cuz he shouldn't have a medical license. receptionist is terrible!! oh my!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010