Ratings for Dr. Lillian M. Decosimo

Unless you like your ob visits to be like a quickie, her bedside manner is seriously lacking.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

It' s all about business time is money there didnt have a good experience at all .

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Decosimo's for almost 4 years. I missed one appointment due to a sickness and got a $100 bill. I expected a bill, but $100? I was the 1st appointment of the day so they wouldn't be able to fill the slot if I called anyway, not to mention I was so sick I couldn't call. When I received the outrageous bill, I called them twice, left voicemails, and it took 48 hours for them to return my call and the response I got wasn't kind. So I sent an email to resolve the bill and the email I received from Dr. Decosimo herself was rude, condescending and unprofessional. I was a loyal patient, referred people, was always on time, & never missed an appointment until now. She makes her patients wait forever and had the nerve to email and say it was "inconsiderate" of me and that she values her time. So she's not wasting our time when we're sitting in the room waiting on her in a paper robe? She lost a patient and after seeing these other reviews, I'm sure she will lose many more.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I thought Dr. Decosimo was great, and was very surprised to see the other negative reviews. YES, YOU HAVE TO WAIT but that is normal!! I've never been to any doctor that sees you the minute you walk in the door. I waited about 15 minutes in the waiting room. The nurse was so caring and nice. Dr. Decosimo had a great bedside manner, and I would feel very comfortable telling her anything, which I think is important. She let me know my results promptly, and even gives patients the option to email her, which I did, and she returns them within the hour. I dont know many doctors that do that. Overall good experience. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

She is the worst GYN. Always rushed and never gives you her undivided attention.. The staff turnover is high...I never see the same people when I come in. She will give you different reccomendation each time you see her...she suggested a full hysterecomy one year and the next she said leave the ovaries....she can't even get her records or story straight.. the constant office moves and limited hours nailed it for me to change along with her lack of knowledge...I wouldn't let this woman operate or touch me again...RUN AWAY FROM THIS PRACTICE...its bad!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. DeCosimo for 5 yrs. I live in Fairfax and originally her office was in Centreville. This isn't too far so it was no big deal. Now her office is in Manassas, quite a bit farther. Today I went in for an appt at 1pm (I was there at 12:30). I did not even get called to be taken into a room until after 1:30. I explained to the nurse what I wanted to discuss with the Dr., which was a quite a long list of things. There was much confusion between all of the staff members as to what blood work and procedures had been done and when. I never got a clear answer and they seemed confused. I proceeded to wait, naked, in the paper gown for 45 more minutes and Dr. DeCosimo had still not come into my room. I waited for an hour and a half and never saw her so I left and got my co-pay refunded. I will never be returning. And btw, when I have seen the Dr. in the past, she is very rushed and impersonable. You would think that someone going "up there" would take a little more time&care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Decosimo is wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone. She is very knowledgeable & comforting during the most uncomfortable parts of the visit. I have always felt that I could ask her anything/talk to her about any issue. Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

HORRIBLE doctor - I had been going to her for 13 years. For an annual exam, she charged me 200 bucks for things she did that were not part of an annual checkup. When I inquired about it she said "thats not a lot, you would have been charged much more if you didnt have insurance". Ms. Lillian, thats not YOUR problem. Very unprofessional - always in a rush and always rude.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. DeCosimo is very personable and knowledgable. She answers and adresses all your concerns. She does have a precise and concise way of seeing you but she does not drag the appointment which is fine. Her follow up on test results is excellent. She has many ways to contact her and is prompt in responding. Overall I would highly recommend her to my family and friends. Her office staff is courteous and helpful. The ability to schedule your appointment online and to email her are a plus. I was extremely pleased and impressed with her.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

The only positive comments were clearly written by the doctor herself. She needs to pack up and go work in a 3rd world country like where she is from.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Lillian M. Decosimo's Credentials

• U Mundial Dominicana (Umd), Esc De Med (World Univ) (Closed 1991) (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Manassas, VA