Ratings for Dr. Marcel Mallet

Après 3 visite se médecin m'a trouvé mon problème. C'étais un médicament que je prenais qui me fessais de l’Ahmed. Il est attentif et connaissant.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

RE: Dr. Marcel Mallet - At my request, my family Doctor W. Fitch, set up a Moncton Pulmonologist appointment for me for what was originally considered to be a possible post-nasal drip problem. In that appointment I was provided a sudden and very unexpected diagnosis for [Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)- which was explained as a chronic and ultimately fatal disease characterized by a progressive decline in lung function for which death is expected within 2 – 5 years..] I was entirely shocked by this diagnosis and shared this shock with the Pulmonologist. I asked for him to provide more details and further information but there was no further information given. When I indicated that I did not believe I would be able to drive the one hour to get myself home he showed even less concern and basically dismissed me. After getting myself to the closest mall, I spent 2 – 3 hours walking around and around that mall to get myself to the point where I thought that I could safety drive home. After a few days of thinking, I contacted my family Doctor again to share the diagnosis and ask if he would kindly find another Doctor who had background in IPF, so I could obtain a second opinion. I was very fortunate that my family Doctor’s quick concern allowed him to obtain an appointment with a 2nd Pulmonologist known as Dr Marcel Mallet. Dr. Mallet is a knowledgeable Canadian born Pulmonologist (Lungs) Doctor who has past experience working with Patients with IPF and who came recommended to my family doctor by an IPF Research Doctor in Halifax, NS. I believe this was a most significant and important action taken in my walk with IPF. For my 1st appointment, Dr. Mallet set up monthly liver function tests, spirometry lung function tests, a complete review of my medical history, contacted Inspire, and through his subsequent efforts I was accepted and began taking the drug Esbriet. Despite the fact that there is no cure for IPF and that the drug Esbriet (Pirfenidone) is considered to halt progress of IPF only in some but not all patients I decided , in consultation with Dr. Mallet, that it would be a good decision to start on Esbriet (Pirfenidone). I have just completed testing for my 1st year of taking the drug and I cannot properly express my thankfulness and gratitude for my good results. Not only has my IPF not progressed but I have had two consecutive check-ups where both my lung volume and my breathing capacity have significantly improved! If you need a Doctor who is knowledgeable, has superior communication skills, is genuinely interested in your disease and who will take his time to listen to your questions and respond to your concerns, then Dr. Marcel Mallet is the Doctor for you. Dr. Mallet is a Doctor with strong medical knowledge and an open, sincere and caring ability that allows him to welcome his patients to bring along a support person to a patient appointment and he will treat both persons with politeness, dignity and respect. That attitude of dignity and respect is reinforced by Dr Mallet’s administrative secretary who has always been a person that has been helpful, professional, polite and kind in all my contacts with her, whether by telephone or in person.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

A knowledgeable compassionate doctor who made me feel comfortable and at ease. Gained more information in one appointment than I did in 20 years prior and have finally been medicated correctly. Would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Dr.Mallet is great he got to the bottom of my issues ,not hard to see why he is rated at the top of his profession.

Submitted December 19, 2014

Dr. Mallet is both knowledgeable and thorough. He has a great attitude and cares about his patients. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Absolutely amazing Doctor and Staff..so nice for a change,:)

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Mallet is a competent and knowledgeable physician. He is approachable and answers questions in an easy to understand fashion. He is not reluctant to seek second opinions when necessary. Dr. Mallet has an excellent rapport with his patients. I have the utmost confidence in his abilities.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

He's a trustworthy and competent physician who actually takes the time to listen to his patients. Plus...he has an amazing bedside manner!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

being an ALS patient of his he saved me physically and emotionally

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Very helpful. Understood my problems and gave me proper medication about 12 years ago. I'm feeling good ever since.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012