Ratings for Dr. J. Michael Randle

I would not carry my dog to him. Find an excellent doctor in Houston AT THE MESHCHER NEUROSCIENCES CENTER in Houston. He charges the same for far inferior work, almost 80,000. Then after his surgery he did not not want to hear of any problems o/t referral you to a pain management doc who was no use". I had to remove my wife from their facility for their" inferior care. He needs to be completely barred from the practice of any sort of medicine o/t maybe toe nail removal or pedicure. Caveat: YOU ARE AT A YOUR RISK. Go on in the the internet and do your on homework. This GUY is no GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He needs to be turned in to the State Board of Medical Examiners. HE needs TO HAVE HIS License REMOVED . He has completely destroyed my wife's confident with the "snide" comment that she would be back to playing playing golf in 4 months which she has never done. Signed Dr. J. Smith(ret). Please look at all his lovely comments below. Do not be fooled by any comments." We were fooled" He Randle rates a #1 where as Dr. Boone rates a #5 In Houston. Please check out your doc or get F!!!!!!.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I was butchered by This guy he told me I needed emergency back surgery that he did not know how I was walking. I had 75% blockage on my spinal cord because both of my bottom disk where gone. Had me in surgery the next day because he scared me and told me one wrong move and I would be paralyzed. Right before the operation they asked if I would sighn a form to let more Drs watch procedure because it was something Randal had invented so long story short I did everything he said do but just like the others was cut off pain medication after being told it was a failed surgery and hurt way more than before so had to go back to primary care Dr for pain meds that I had been on over 6 years and lost everything because of his experiment on me I was a pipeline welder that made around $200,000 a year one day to a divorced broke back broke lonely basterd the next and am 100% disabled at 44 years old and have been since he cut on me in my late 30s regret ever walking in his office every day so please get a second opinion or better yet don't get his Thanks Randall for ruinning my life you #$%$%$###%&#

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Randall took time to explain all the options. He was honest about the potential risks, but emphasized that doing nothing also had greater risks. My surgery was a success. Back issues are all different, so I can understand the other patients here having different experiences. Most of us wait until it is a crisis before seeking a surgeon. I went to a chiropractor for several years before realizing that was not going to fix my problems. I did consult with another surgeon before agreeing to the surgery. That neurosurgeon also looked at films and digital images and agreed with Dr. Randall. My procedure was lower back, which is not as traumatic as the upper spine, according to what I've heard. Good luck to all who seek treatment - Dr. Randall is a good surgeon who is working on patients who will have different outcomes. He controls some of that - but results also will involve structural, hereditary and age-related factors too.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

I was operated on by Dr. Randle in early 2008. I had fallen ill and been referred to him for surgery by my neurologist, foolishly I agreed to a surgery which completely failed and has left me in far worse condition than before, and for which I have been to many other doctors to try and correct in the years since my operation by Dr. Randle. I HIGHLY recommend finding a more qualified, less arrogant surgeon to do any work you may be in need of, even if you're in pain and need relief, FIND A BETTER SURGEON. He is not a "Big City" surgeon for a reason, keep that in mind. I paid for this lesson with my health. But of course, all those fine print papers we hastily sign before operations say that we release him from all liability... so please learn from my mistake and do not use Dr. Randle. Go to Tyler, Dallas or Houston for any serious surgery you need.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Randall appeared to be very knowledgeable at first. I was told that I needed surgery immediately. Without getting a second opinion, I agreed to the surgery. A year after the surgery has resulted in major issues. My back still hurts. Even worse than before the surgery. My left foot is still numb. I went to see him about my issues and was told I needed another surgery. His staff is pretty good. Eric True is who I saw about 90% of the time. I do not recommend him AT ALL.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr Randle took care of me for a work related back injury. He had a superb bedside manner and explained every option I had to make a full recovery. I would recommend him to anyone who has a need for his expertise.It was nice to know that there are still a few doctors out there that will take the time to make sure you are doing well.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

MY MOTHER HAD BACK SURGERY BY DR. RANDLE. SHE HAD A REMARKABLE RECOVERY. SHE DID EXACTLY WHAT HE TOLD HER TO DO AND HAD NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER!!! DR. RANDLE IS A VERY CARING PHYSICIAN AND OUR FAMILY HAS SENT HIM MANY REFERRALS AND ALL THAT HAVE HAD SURGERY BY HIM HAVE BEEN VERY VERY PLEASED. DR. RANDLE WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND EXPLAINED EVERY THING IN DETAIL WITH US. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. RANDLE TO ANYONE THAT ASK ME ABOUT HIM AND FURTHERMORE I WOULD TRUST HIM AND WOULD WANT HIM TO BE THERE FOR ME IF I EVER NEEDED A NEUROSURGEON.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Downplayed recovery time and inflated expected results. Acted like I "shouldn't be in pain" months after the surgery. Found out after the fact and consulting three other surgeons that the procedure he had done (which was irreversible) was overkill and unnecessary and treatment could have been with a much less drastic surgery. GET A SECOND OPINION before you use this doctor. Even refused to continue to prescribe pain medication and told me to go to another Dr. if I was still in pain. Most follow up visits were with PA and not doctor even though insurance was billed $450 for each 10-20 minute visit. Did not visit me in hospital after surgery but instead sent PA. For $85,000 billed services (to insurance), he could have at least come by once. He seems to be in it for the money and not to make people well. Beware.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

Has no education regarding conditions that might cause pain to remain or increase after surgery. He will act as if you are lying if you continue to have post-surgical pain past the normal time. In major pain, he will send a patient back to work with no limitations, so that there is no protection under the law or obligation of the employer to make any kind of accommodation for you. Basically, if his surgery does not result in your being pain-free, you are lying, even though you sign waivers before surgery that say you understand your pain could be worse after surgery. This is very, very harmful to you, because you are ineligible for disability or even further treatment by anyone because his office has called you a liar.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Dr. was rude and arrogant,treatments did not work.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2008

Dr. J. Michael Randle's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Nacogdoches, TX