Ratings for Dr. Adriaan Heunis

Adrian Huenis has been our doctor for a few years and overall we do like him. There are times though when we have come to him with concerns and he sees the humor in them which we do not. More empathy is required from him because these things are important to us and need to be addressed or send us to someone who can deal with the issues. A medical doctor should be your first line of defense.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Had a great experience at this walk in clinic and this doctor. The receptionist was very helpful to me and my elderly mother who needed to see a doctor. I was very satisfied with the care she received and how thorough he was.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Very happy with this doctor. Very thorough, honest and caring. I like that I can walk in to see my own doctor when I am sick anytime he is working.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Both my husband and I think he's awesome ~ he gets done what needs to be done :)

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

His ADD can be somewhat overwhelming but a very good man that is very capable

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

This doctor is great at referrals and for getting things done. Just don't expect to be part of the team. He doesn't like a lot of questions and has a great sense of self that sometimes interferes with good doctor patient relations to produce best results. Can be tempermental.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Heunis when I see him for the first time, He was not professional.. Very rude when I question what I like to check me out.. He said we have other patience.. He just want me out of there ASAP.. I feel like just a number.. Not a human and a person that need help and trust a doctor who came in Canada..

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Best Dr. in Salmon Arm in my opinion!!! but I have only seen a few!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I have seen both sides..very kind and caring, however, I've also been the receiver of his anger. He can hurt your feelings if you question him. He has been my Dr. for many years, and I do like him overall. I recognise he is also human and can forgive. I do agree that if there is a concern from any test results, the patient should be notified asap. In my case, this was not so. I asked why I wasn't notified, I got chewed out. Former Dr's had always let me know if they had questionable results. He is knowledgeable and will refer and order tests if he deems necessary. On the whole, he is a great doctor, just too busy, and I feel rushed sometimes. I understand that most doctors are the same these days.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

While he is not my primary G.P. he is a Dr. I never fear engaging with. He has an awesome bedside manner and actually listens to the patient and treats them with dignity!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015