Ratings for Dr. Luis Baptista

He never listens to my concerns. Doesn't even make any eye contact. Gets upset if I bring up more then one concern. I went in for lab results and brought up another issue and he told me I needed to rebook. I will be looking for a new family doctor now.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Seriously every single negative comment is true. The June 11th comment must come from family. Rude staff which can take 1/2 hour to 1 hour on HOLD, yes on hold just to get an appointment. You're lucky to wait for two weeks for a scheduled appointment. When you do see him you're ONLY ALLOWED one problem or issue at a time, wanting you to reschedule for additional issues. Rude, doesn't listen, moody, unless you get him on a happy day. Patient for over 40 years but I'm done. Time to retire Baptista, far past your expiry date. Clearly this isn't something you want to do a good job on....so move on. Nothing is done in a timely fashion ever.....drags tests and recommendations on for months.....PATIENTS CAN'T and shouldn't be on the receiving end of your moodiness. Apologizing to patients would help.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I love Dr. Baptista. I'm so sorry to read all the negative comments below. I have never had any bad experience with him and he has always referred me to other specialists when needed. He explains all my problems and his recommendations -- and has always answered my questions. He has helped me physically and mentally! I believe that he's amazing and I wouldn't want to see anyone else! BTW, the reason why the punctuality may not be great is because he's spending time with his previous patients ... he does care!!! Jackie

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Has been my doctor for many years. I have wanted to change for about as long, but finally realized that it needs to be done. He's mis-diagnosed a couple of things, mostly because he's seems too rushed to actually listen and deduce what is really wrong. Took 2 years to be referred for one condition, and other (more serious) was brushed off as something else for a few years until I finally raised enough fuss that I was referred to a surgeon where a correct diagnosis was achieved. This wouldn't have been as bad if properly diagnosed properly 2 years ago!! Seriously, find another doctor! And to top it all off, the front staff are not always that friendly!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Finally came to my senses and found another Family GP. He pretends he listens and then tries to push the pills. Fortunately, I do my research and when I refuse some unnecessary prescription he gets very defensive and rude. And if you catch him when he's in a bad mood... good luck. As for the front staff, they could use some lessons in patients and compassion. I feel more rushed and disrespected with them than with the doctor (and that's quite a feat).

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Truly horrible doctor. Wreaks of ignorance and his status really goes to his head. Perfect example of a pill pusher. Does not care to hear what you have to say. Poor bed side manners. Constantly late - not really sure why as he spends little to no time with you. Can't believe he is still in the system and we pay for him as taxpayers.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Just terrible. Probably the WORST DOCTOR and STAFF ever. They are all in the wrong profession. Staff doesn't really care to help you and is very rude, it's like they're doing you a favor just answering your call and are not friendly at all. The doctor is also rude, rushes you out and treats you like you're not important, only he is and what he thinks. He has very little knowledge, is always late, very little professionalism, abuses the system and ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY - doesn't care about patients AT ALL!! Better not to have a family doctor if this is what you get... To the City of Edmonton, there should be better criteria when deciding who is allowed to practice in this city, this kind of 'service' is what gets the city's health ratings down the list. I agree with the comment below,we will too, and more people should report him to the Board as well. STAY AWAY...

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Luis Baptista is unethical and will have diagnose patients with all sorts of ailments in order for them to abuse LTD claims and insurance companies. When all other medical professionals disagree with his findings, he will continue to abuse the system. We are reporting him to the Board.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

It's true, this Dr. is constantly late. He once had the nerve to put up a sign telling people that if they were late they'd be charged $30.00 or so! I believe he got an earful, and his Staff too. Soon after that, another sign went up stating that if you had an issue with his tardiness, to speak to him only! It got really bad in 2009-2011. Since then its gotten a bit better. On the plus side Dr. B. has spotted things that other Dr.'s have missed. He does know his stuff. He gives me lots of free samples to try with a prescription, when needed. Which is nice. It is also true that you can only bring up two issues per appointment, but I've never tried to bring up 3 so I can't comment on if he'd shut a person down or not. I'll keep going to see him, as he does more good than bad.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

He is very busy, and doesn't take too much time with you, after such a long wait. If you want to talk about more than one problem you have to make ANOTHER appt. Ok but could be better with his patients sometimes

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013