Ratings for Dr. Ralph Zabel

I have only dealt with him twice, but both times he had such severe halitosis I almost threw up. Seriously, when you're face to face with patients, ensure you have gum, mints, or breath spray handy at all times. As for his helpfulness, that is still undetermined. It has yet to be confirmed if my procedure will have to be repeated. Apparently dark eyes are hard to laser ! That was his excuse for a possible repeat.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I have visited Dr Zabel some 7 or 8 times over the last six or so years and he performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. How time flies! Dr Zabel possesses a vast amount of theoretical and practical experience and he certainly knows what he is doing. He doesn't talk more than is necessary. He always gets to the point quickly and efficiently, which I like. It appears that I may have a glaucoma problem developing in one eye and I have every confidence and expectation that I will receive the very best recommendations and treatment from Dr Zabel. I interacted with three of Dr Zabel's staff members today and all three were most professional, helpful and caring. No long waits and no problems at all from my perspective. A well-oiled machine all round!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Horrible experience with cataract operation: did not tell me the possible complications, which happened to me. Rude, impertinent, and uninterested in patients. Never going back. I wish I had known before surgery.

Submitted February 22, 2017

D.r Zabel is a highly skilled surgeon. I have just had my second surgical cataract procedure with him. In our initial meeting he discussed with me my options for intraocular lens's and we settled on the symphony lens. In less than 2 days after my final procedure I was able to read without corrective eye wear for the first time in almost 30 years. It is truly amazing. If you are looking for a knowledgeable doctor with skilled surgical hands Dr. Zabel is the one to see.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Love the guy, I can make him laugh, which saying a lot given his personality. He is cool, competent and not hard to look at.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

My kind of doctor!! Gets to the point, gets things done. No fiddling around. 👍🏻 A smile would make him perfect. 🙂

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

So far, he"s been a great doctor. I am having an issue with one eye, and he has shown concern and is investigating the problem. I can not ask for more.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

He doesn't care about pationts, very rude and unprofessional. Cancelled appokntment with him and booked with another specialist.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

This was the worst quality of medical care I have ever received. This doctor was short, rude, unconcerned with my problems which I still today have almost 3 months later (constant eye pain, persistent bright glare, poor focus and distorted vision when I turn my head on a 45 degree angle). Some of his staff is very rude and unhelpful and I had to almost fight my way in to see the doctor to ge my painful eye looked at. When I told him he that was not very accessible he refused to accept it and finally raised his voice at me and had me in tears. He asked if it would be OK for a student resident doctor to come into the room, but never said the student would be doing the operation, which the student did to my complete surprise. Had I known I would have refused permission. I am convinced the operation was botched from the start as I still have exactly the same problems as the day of the surgery. I am now so dissatisfied, disappointed and discouraged at the unprofessional and uncaring manner of this doctor and some of his staff that this week I cancelled all further appointments with him and have arranged to go to another specialist. I could never recommend Dr. Zabel to anyone, I guess you'll be OK as longas there are no problems but God help if there are. my experience could not have been worse. I have also cancelled all appointments with the optometrist who referred me to Dr. Zabel who also would not take my complaints seriously and who seems to have a conflict of interest in sending his patients to Zabel. This is the same optometrist who cleared me to have my second eye operated only after a week after my first one, somethinng which I refused to do because my first eye was working and today is still a complete mess. On the whole a disastrous experience. Do not use this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr. Zabel was amazing. He is humble and very skilled in what he does. During the surgery he would thoroughly explain each step that he was about to perform, and his confidence and calming voice would reassure me throughout the procedure. A big thank you to Dr. Zabel and his surgical team! Loved the high-five at the end!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016