You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ralph Zabel

Dr. Zabel is a great surgeon. He changed my life. He was very attentive to my needs and he recommended very good tests to select the proper lenses for my difficulties. I had several surgeries to my eyes before but only Dr. Zable was able to improve my vision. I do not know how to thank him properly. I recommend him highly. He is one of a kind in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Very poor people skills. Poor communication. Very sharp and short on explanations. Limited patience. Not pleasant overall. Surgery gave me a new problem that time will heal... When? He had no reassurance for me. Very let down.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Dr. Zabel is so incredibly knowledgable and an outstanding surgeon; I unequivocally recommend him!! I finally decided to get LASIK at LasikMD and the results are AMAZING ! I was worried about my dry eyes and Dr. Zabel took the time to address my concerns and answered all my questions right away. He knew I was very nervous and he talked me through the whole procedure so I knew exactly what was going on. He even gave me a "high-five" at the end!! Although I am still healing, I was 20/20 the next day and could not be more grateful! I had a wonderful and very positive experience and am so satisfied with my results! Thank you so much Dr. Zabel!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

My doctor / surgeon was Dr. Ralph Zabel. He is an experienced surgeon, and he was knowledgable and answered all the questions that I asked (and I did ask a few “extra” questions, about healing times, possible interactions with over the counter medications, etc). The procedure itself went smoothly and quickly. The healing process also went smoothly. My experience with Dr Zabel was positive, and I would recommend him as a surgeon. It's been a few days since the surgery, and although I'm not fully healed, my vision is already very good.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Just shy of 1 week ago, I finally decided to take the plunge and have LASIK done. The surgery itself was quick and painless. I was also lucky enough to have Dr. Zabel is not only knowledgeable, professional and efficient, but he is also kind and took the time to talk me through the process. I was incredibly nervous going into the process, now I realize that this was not necessary in the first place. This was definitely a wonderful experience that I will continue to recommend to anyone who asks. Thank you to the LASIK MD Ottawa team and a huge thanks goes to Dr. Zabel.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Zabel has done both eyes for me with multi-focal IOL lens implants, very satisfied! Dr. Z is efficient and business like, he is there to do a great job which he does very well. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Z!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Last week I had my vision corrected at LASIK MD Ottawa with Dr. Zabel. I was nervous prior to getting into the operating room even though I knew quite a few things about the procedure and what to expect. Dr. Zabel asked me if I had any questions and was very patient. His relaxed demeanor made me relax as well. You know you have a great surgeon when they greet you by your name and process your individualized information to really give you your optimal results. Before I knew it, the whole thing was over in a few minutes and I am really happy to say that I now see 20/20, and I haven’t experienced any post-surgery pain or complications. I 100% recommend this experienced surgeon if you decide to have your vision corrected here in Ottawa, and yes, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I had my surgery last week at LASIK MD and it was an amazing experience! Dr. Zabel and his staff made the whole experience feel like a walk in the park. He was reassuring and calming. Couldn't have asked for a better experience! (Surgery was August 7,2015)

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Ralph Zabel's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zabel is a great surgeon. He changed my life. He was very attentive to my needs and he recommended very good tests to select the proper lenses for my diffic..."

May 25, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very unfriendly bordering on rudeness. Why did he become a doctor baffles me. He shows no interest in patient, dismisses or ignores questions."

May 20, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Very poor people skills. Poor communication. Very sharp and short on explanations. Limited patience. Not pleasant overall. Surgery gave me a new problem that ti..."

May 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zabel is so incredibly knowledgable and an outstanding surgeon; I unequivocally recommend him!! I finally decided to get LASIK at LasikMD and the results ar..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My doctor / surgeon was Dr. Ralph Zabel. He is an experienced surgeon, and he was knowledgable and answered all the questions that I asked (and I did ask a few ..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just shy of 1 week ago, I finally decided to take the plunge and have LASIK done. The surgery itself was quick and painless. I was also lucky enough to have Dr...."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zabel has done both eyes for me with multi-focal IOL lens implants, very satisfied! Dr. Z is efficient and business like, he is there to do a great job whic..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Last week I had my vision corrected at LASIK MD Ottawa with Dr. Zabel. I was nervous prior to getting into the operating room even though I knew quite a few thi..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my surgery last week at LASIK MD and it was an amazing experience! Dr. Zabel and his staff made the whole experience feel like a walk in the park. He was ..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "you ask a question, he says something that doesn't make sense. you ask again, he says, I told you. he doesn't try to explain it better or anything. such a snob..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "no time for patient, no respect. very bad experience."

April 26, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible person; full of himself, no sympathy, no care."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Rude, cold, insensitive. He doesn't answer questions. He doesn't care what happens to patients. "

March 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an amazing experience! Dr. Zabel was reassuring, calming, and efficient. His staff was also great, especially Jessica, she was very kind and made me feel ..."

February 15, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I find Dr Zabel to be kind and soft-spoken. He has invaluable experience and expertise and we are very lucky to have him in Ottawa!"

November 14, 2014