Ratings for Dr. Ralph Zabel

My kind of doctor!! Gets to the point, gets things done. No fiddling around. πŸ‘πŸ» A smile would make him perfect. πŸ™‚

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

So far, he"s been a great doctor. I am having an issue with one eye, and he has shown concern and is investigating the problem. I can not ask for more.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

He doesn't care about pationts, very rude and unprofessional. Cancelled appokntment with him and booked with another specialist.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

This was the worst quality of medical care I have ever received. This doctor was short, rude, unconcerned with my problems which I still today have almost 3 months later (constant eye pain, persistent bright glare, poor focus and distorted vision when I turn my head on a 45 degree angle). Some of his staff is very rude and unhelpful and I had to almost fight my way in to see the doctor to ge my painful eye looked at. When I told him he that was not very accessible he refused to accept it and finally raised his voice at me and had me in tears. He asked if it would be OK for a student resident doctor to come into the room, but never said the student would be doing the operation, which the student did to my complete surprise. Had I known I would have refused permission. I am convinced the operation was botched from the start as I still have exactly the same problems as the day of the surgery. I am now so dissatisfied, disappointed and discouraged at the unprofessional and uncaring manner of this doctor and some of his staff that this week I cancelled all further appointments with him and have arranged to go to another specialist. I could never recommend Dr. Zabel to anyone, I guess you'll be OK as longas there are no problems but God help if there are. my experience could not have been worse. I have also cancelled all appointments with the optometrist who referred me to Dr. Zabel who also would not take my complaints seriously and who seems to have a conflict of interest in sending his patients to Zabel. This is the same optometrist who cleared me to have my second eye operated only after a week after my first one, somethinng which I refused to do because my first eye was working and today is still a complete mess. On the whole a disastrous experience. Do not use this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr. Zabel was amazing. He is humble and very skilled in what he does. During the surgery he would thoroughly explain each step that he was about to perform, and his confidence and calming voice would reassure me throughout the procedure. A big thank you to Dr. Zabel and his surgical team! Loved the high-five at the end!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Zabel is a great surgeon. He changed my life. He was very attentive to my needs and he recommended very good tests to select the proper lenses for my difficulties. I had several surgeries to my eyes before but only Dr. Zable was able to improve my vision. I do not know how to thank him properly. I recommend him highly. He is one of a kind in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Very unfriendly bordering on rudeness. Why did he become a doctor baffles me. He shows no interest in patient, dismisses or ignores questions.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Very poor people skills. Poor communication. Very sharp and short on explanations. Limited patience. Not pleasant overall. Surgery gave me a new problem that time will heal... When? He had no reassurance for me. Very let down.

Submitted May 14, 2016

Dr. Zabel is so incredibly knowledgable and an outstanding surgeon; I unequivocally recommend him!! I finally decided to get LASIK at LasikMD and the results are AMAZING ! I was worried about my dry eyes and Dr. Zabel took the time to address my concerns and answered all my questions right away. He knew I was very nervous and he talked me through the whole procedure so I knew exactly what was going on. He even gave me a "high-five" at the end!! Although I am still healing, I was 20/20 the next day and could not be more grateful! I had a wonderful and very positive experience and am so satisfied with my results! Thank you so much Dr. Zabel!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

My doctor / surgeon was Dr. Ralph Zabel. He is an experienced surgeon, and he was knowledgable and answered all the questions that I asked (and I did ask a few β€œextra” questions, about healing times, possible interactions with over the counter medications, etc). The procedure itself went smoothly and quickly. The healing process also went smoothly. My experience with Dr Zabel was positive, and I would recommend him as a surgeon. It's been a few days since the surgery, and although I'm not fully healed, my vision is already very good.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016