Ratings for Dr. John L. Ludwig

I am commenting on behalf of my mother, who passed away from ovarian cancer last summer. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer at emergency in PRHC, despite years and years and years of symptoms and complaints and countless appointments to this doctor. He never once touched her swollen abdomen. No hands on. No referrals. Told her to take Tums. With regards to fluid build-up in her feet, he said it was her (very sensible) boots. She was on hormone replacement therapy for 22 years, prescribed by this man. I truly believe his arrogance and negligence contributed to an early death, and needless suffering on her part. If you have the ill fortune of having this man as your doctor, be very careful, and seek a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

been a patient for many years and have seen a big decline in his patient awareness. He is always too rushed and does not delve into individual problems,misdiagnosed a serious issue that almost cost me my life. I agree with the fact that he is on vacation more than he is at his office, and does not have anyone covering for him, I would expect that his patients would be of more concern than his vacations. It is really too bad that it is so difficult to find a new Doctor that is taking patients, but god knows I'm trying and then it will be bye bye !!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Ludwig never looks you in the eye - always avoids eye contact. Lately I have received phone calls from a third party company just saying they are from "your doctor's office," wanting my medical info. The recording did not even say his name. Rec'd letter from third party, Physiomed, wanting and update on my medical tests and suggesting tests to be done that I did not authorize. Letter says NOT to call doctor's office because he is too busy. Called College of Physicians and Surgeons - they said call the Doctor's office. No one wants to take responsibility for this breach of privacy of your personal medical information. He had a reprimand and suspension of his license in the past for not following proper procedures.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

These ratings are based on how difficult it is to actually get an appointment. The phone is fully auto answer. The recording states there is no call backs. They do not want you to leave a message and no one ever answers so getting an appointment is near impossible. The clinic is out of town and requires a 20 min drive to get there and if you miss your appointment you get charged. I think if no one alive is going to answer, the least they could do is call you back with your appointment time. I have been with Dr.Ludwig for 40 years and it is since his move to Ommemmee he has lost the personal touch and it feels like hard work just to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

absolutely horrible, constantly ignored and throws pills at any issue he sees hoping they will work. My eye doctor who used to be a family doctor diagnosed me with mono after 15 minutes of an eye examination, dr ludwig didnt diagnose it after 3 trips there trying to figure out the issue.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I have found Dr. Ludwig to be very helpful and caring. He takes the time required to investigate.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I have had nothing but problems with misdiagnosis for my child twice as well as my husband, he is never willing to give refural so specialist and just brushes everything off. This is the worst Dr ever and he should not practice anymore.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

I use to like this doctor, however I find that he is now always on vacation. He has ZERO patience when dealing with children. I am disgusted with how he treats my youngest child.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

His effectiveness in providing care has been negatively affected by the amount of time he is on vacation. He is knowledgable in general but I found he was not helpful when it came to specific women's health issues.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

From the time he delivered me to the present day 29 years later he has always worked to solve my problems.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010