Ratings for Dr. Jean-Paul Brutus

I am a hand therapist that works with Dr. Brutus patients. I have to say that he takes cares of his patients and treats them With respect . Dr. Brutus answers all of their questions. He takes the time to get to know all the patients as well as their expectations and makes sure that they understand the treatment plan . Every single patient that i reffered to Dr. Brutus has thanked me and have been more then satisfied with his staf, his surgery center as well as his expertise. Keep up the great work!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I had a very hard time finding a doctor that was able to take on my case and/ or help me . I saw a surgeon prior to Dr Brutus and he was a nightmare . The first time I walked in To Dr brutus office I was extremely relieved. Ihad been In Pain from my injury for a year and a half and no one could help. I felt hopeless ,He took the time to listen to me , he answered all my questions and when we ran out of treatments and decided that surgery was the next step he took the time to explain the procedure and the healing process to me . With constant follow up appointments every 6 to 8 weeks following occupational therapy so he could make sure I was healing properly. He also convinced me to quit smoking prior to my surgery .He is an EXCEPTIONAL doctor. His staff is great as well ,always smiling and so polite. And he is always punctual. Thank you doctor Brutus for everything you have done for me keep doing what your doing because clearly you've got it right !!! The only doctor you should be considering ! S.DC

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Brutus is an exceptional hand surgeon. He has embraced cutting edge technology in his practice that allows him to provide superior care. I routinely refer my patients to him for his special expertise and have never heard anything but rave reviews about his caring manner and rapid resolution of their problem. I can say that when I finally decide to have my CTS treated, he will be the one to do it! It is a shame that there are cowardly individuals who would hide behind the shroud of an anonymous web site such as this one, in an attempt to sully his well earned reputation. SNM

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dear JP This is pertaining to the fake negative review that was posted on april 20. It is unfortunate that our fellow surgical colleague from Chateauguay has sunk this low again. Having personally gone through a similar attack (even his choice of words are not unique anymore), I can only tell you that you should really consider legal action when you amass the necessary proof. We will be glad to join any action. Your reputation is pristine. Everyone in our community knows it. Continue to take great care of your patients. Unfortunately, jealousy is showing its ugly head. Not surprising but disappointing to see how far some people will go. Z-plasty.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Ça fait maintenant trois ans que je suis traité par Docteur Brutus et ma situation d’arthrose de la main s’est améliorée grandement. L’arthrose ne se traite pas facilement mais il a trouvé le moyen de me soulager et surtout de reprendre mes activités ce que je ne pouvais plus faire. Ses conseils sont aussi très précieux car nous sommes ce que nous mangeons alors en suivant ses conseils, je réussis à ralentir la progression. Merci dr Brutus

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I saw Dr. Brutus after breaking my thumb. He was able to accommodate me very quickly and I was very impressed with his knowledge and helpfulness. He takes the time to explain and make you feel comfortable. I also appreciated the fact that Dr. Brutus was able to follow up with me on Skype, I am not always in Montreal and this flexibility was much appreciated. Thank you Dr. Brutus! When it comes to hands, this doctor is the expert and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr Brutus a opéré mon fils qui s'était sectionné le tendon du pouce, l'opération a été un vif succès. Mon fils qui avait un doigté supérieur avant l'accident à retrouvé sa pleine mobibilité sans compter tout le professionnalisme de dr Brutus qui a su nous mettre en confiance avant l'opération et il a fait un excellent suivi post opératoire. Je vous le recommande.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Je suis l'homme le plus satisfait au monde car je n'ai plus de mal à mes mains grace au Docteur Bbutus .Les soins et surtout la bonne façon de me rassurer étaient hors du communs car j'avais peur d'être mis en attente et surtout de continuer à souffrir . Les informations préalable furent d'une précision humaines et rassurantes et je suis maintenant capable de toutes les activités que j'aime comme le golf et l'écriture.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Had a wonderful experience with Dr Brutus. staff was very friendly, Dr Brutus knows his stuff. Quick in and out and back to work in no time. Couldn't have asked for anything more, 100% satisfied.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

J’ai été opérée dernièrement pour un nerf sectionné à la main par Dr.Brutus. Je voudrais dire que j’ai eu un excellent service et une convalescence rapide. Avant l’opération il a pris le temps de m’expliquer l’intervention et les étapes du rétablissement. Tout c’est très bien déroulé, aucune complication et surtout ma main est maintenant exactement comme elle était avant. Même ma cicatrice n’est presque pas apparente! Dr.Brutus est un excellent chirurgien, attentionné et extrêmement compétent. Je le recommande chaudement. Merci pour tout Dr.Brutus !

Dr. Jean-Paul Brutus's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brutus was born in Belgium and completed his plastic surgery training in Brussels, Belgium and Montreal, Canada. He then pursued higher education with a fellowship in upper extremity surgery at Upstate Medical University, in Syracuse New York, and a second research fellowship in biomechanics of the wrist at the Institute for Human Performance in Syracuse. In 2005, Dr. Brutus came to Montreal and started an academic practice in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery as well as hand surgery at the Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM) and at the Cité-de-la-Santé hospital in Laval. Numerous research publications and presentations have been recognized with multiple awards and prizes have been given to Dr. Brutus for clinical excellence and dedication to teaching. Dr. Brutus has developed and popularized several state of the art surgical techniques in Quebec and has performed surgical premieres in Canada. Since November 2010, Dr. Brutus has moved his practice to the Montreal Institute for Special Surgery, in a private setting, in order to fulfill his desire to offer exceptional care to his patients. Dr. Brutus is an advisor to the Board of the Quebec Association of Plastic Surgeons, and promotes excellence in plastic surgery in Quebec (www.ascpeq.org). He organizes the annual conference of Quebec Plastic Surgeons and regularly serves as an invited speaker. He is now considered as a leader in the field of hand and wrist surgery in Quebec. Dr. Brutus is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Dutch.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Dutch

• State University of New York Upstate Medical University

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a hand therapist that works with Dr. Brutus patients. I have to say that he takes cares of his patients and treats them With respect . Dr. Brutus answers a..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very hard time finding a doctor that was able to take on my case and/ or help me . I saw a surgeon prior to Dr Brutus and he was a nightmare . The first..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Brutus is an exceptional hand surgeon. He has embraced cutting edge technology in his practice that allows him to provide superior care. I routinely refer..."

April 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dear JP This is pertaining to the fake negative review that was posted on april 20. It is unfortunate that our fellow surgical colleague from Chateauguay has..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ça fait maintenant trois ans que je suis traité par Docteur Brutus et ma situation d’arthrose de la main s’est améliorée grandement. L’arthrose ne se traite pas..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Brutus after breaking my thumb. He was able to accommodate me very quickly and I was very impressed with his knowledge and helpfulness. He takes the ..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Brutus a opéré mon fils qui s'était sectionné le tendon du pouce, l'opération a été un vif succès. Mon fils qui avait un doigté supérieur avant l'accident à ..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Je suis l'homme le plus satisfait au monde car je n'ai plus de mal à mes mains grace au Docteur Bbutus .Les soins et surtout la bonne façon de me rassurer étai..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a wonderful experience with Dr Brutus. staff was very friendly, Dr Brutus knows his stuff. Quick in and out and back to work in no time. Couldn't have asked..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "J’ai été opérée dernièrement pour un nerf sectionné à la main par Dr.Brutus. Je voudrais dire que j’ai eu un excellent service et une convalescence rapide. Av..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " Je suis le Dr Jean-Paul Brutus et je désire répondre au commentaire anonyme publié le 20 avril 2016. J’effectue personnellement le suivi postopératoire d..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Evitez ce medecin qi est un cauchmare ambulant...... Il a traité ma maladie de Dupuytren avec un aiguille au lieu d,une vrai chirurgie, et je suis maintenant in..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Après plus de 5 mois d'attente pour une opération pour un doigt gâchette au Centre hospitalier de Trois-Rivières sans pouvoir parler au chirurgien et tanné de m..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't speak more highly of Dr. Brutus and his team. I had CTS surgery in January 2016 and from the first consult to 2 months later, Dr. B and his team have be..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Vendu à mon employeur pfff à fait une expertise en faveur de l'employeur aucune confiance en lui "

February 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Je suis entièrement satisfaite pour ma chirurgie du tunnel carpien. Le dr Brutus à une approche chaleureuse, respectueuse et rassurante. Je le recommande viveme..."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Tous de bons commentaires pour ce qui est de cette technique mais je sais que c'est au privé. J'aimerais savoir si c'est très couteux Merci! Dan St-Eustache ..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Docteur Brutus: Je vous serai toujours reconnaissante pour m'avoir redonnée ma qualité de vie. Après un an et demi de douleurs et de nuits sans sommeil, j'ai re..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Un gros merci au DR.Brutus et à toute son équipe pour les services rendus. Après plusieurs années d'engourdissement des mains et de nuits sans sommeil,le Dr. Br..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Il faut absolument que je partage mon expérience vécue avec Dr. Brutus et son équipe formidable. Depuis plusieurs années, je retardais mes chirurgies pour mes..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Pour moi, 2014 avait débutée par l'abandon des services hospitaliers publics. Mais Dr. Brutus a su me redonner le moral en me prenant sous son aile. Je me suis ..."

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Bonjour, depuis 6 mois je n'arrivais plus a fonctionner au travail comme à la maison, mains engourdies de plus en plus souvent, et douleurs au pouce à la paume ..."

December 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Souffrant depuis plusieurs années de problèmes aux tunnel carpien, je n'en dormais plus, j'ai tenté plusieurs autres solutions avant d'accepter la chirurgie, on..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My name is miss Jennifer, i love your profile, and there's something important about me i will like to share with you.please send me message directly to my emai..."

September 3, 2014