Ratings for Dr. Martin Friedlander

Horrible time management. Be prepared to wait hours past your appointment time. Zero respect for my time. When one full hour after my appointment I am told they have no idea when I will see him I left. Each appointment ran 2-3 hours after my time. I left my final post op. Unacceptable and horrible time management. Being told that's the way it is, bull hockey. My surgery went well and as a Doctor he is very good. However the office is run terribly. Will go elsewhere if I need anything else.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I had a Retinal main vein occlusion of the left eye. I went to see this doctor. He examined me and said.. "Yep that's what you have .. Nothing we can do... See you in six weeks." When I asked him about experimental treatments (Avastin injections). He told me they were not scientifically proven and did not do them. After being summarily dismissed.. I went to Loma Linda Opthamology and now am at the Jules Stein Eye Institute. The Avastin worked wonders and now I am being treated with the new FDA approved Ozurdex implant. Never take one doctor's opinion as gospel. Had I done this My vision would be practically gone in my left eye. Today its about 20/25... Not bad for a 'Nothing we can do" patient.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Martin Friedlander's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1983)