Ratings for Dr. Eddie Wong

We have been going to see Dr. Wong for our little one but we find that he lacks bed side manners at times or even the time to listen to what you have to say. It is disappointing at times when we had been struggling with our baby with reflux and required the support. He tends to also not listen to what you have to say and may come off snobbish or pretentious at times.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Trust him completely. His knowledge is incredible.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

My Son have Dr wong Since the first day from the hospital , Excellent doctor , Our Dr Won Is amazing , very helpful , caring ,Love him dearly

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Very good Dr. Very caring and serious. Would take any illness serious with my 3 kids and alerts me about anything. I would hate to hear anything negative about Dr. Wong ! He's an amazing Dr. With lots of experience.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

My daughter has seen Dr Wong since she was born and we are very happy. She is 9 months now and we have been seeing him for all of her immunizations and for her well-baby appointments. We have no negative comments. We never had to wait, he is always on time and the few times we wanted to see him urgently and without an appointment, we were able to, which is amazing for worried parents of a newborn. His staff is not the friendliest but they always answer the phone or call you back, which is what's really important to us.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

My Daughter was lucky I had the mother instinct and brought her to CHEO Dr. Wong seen her ever week since November for the same problem she was having problems breathing it was until Jan 13, 2012 I brought her into CHEO at 3:30 in the morning to find out her oxygen level was at 87% they rushed her in right away and asked why I didn't take her to her doctor and I said I had. At CHEO I found out she had Bilateral Pnemonea, Broncilitis, and RSV. She was in isolation and stayed at CHEO. Then I get home and have a message from Dr. Wongs office saying I had a No Show for her appoint that it would be a charge. I called back and talked to Dr. Wong and said she was at CHEO cause he misdiagnosed her and he said "OH WELL". DO NO TAKE YOUR CHILD THERE UNLESS YOU DON"T LOVE THEM!!!! HE IS THE WORST DR. EVER!!!!!! Now my child is on inhalers every 4 hours, and takes a pill every night, to help her lungs. I don't know what I would have done if CHEO wasn't here.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr Wong was my brothers pediatrician and then cared for my 3 children. More than once Dr. Wong has saved a life in our family; 1 time it was my brother (spline injury that another Dr original diagnosed as back muscle injury) and 1 time it was my infant daughter (fever/dehydration where the local hospital said she was fine and sent me home...she was almost lifeless the next day). Both times we were sent directly, and admitted, to Cheo and received life saving attention. Often I drive the hour it takes to get to him because I need to know for sure. We have a family doctor near our home but more times than I care to count, he is wrong and we only received the proper advice or treatment because I took the time to go to Dr. Wong. Sometimes you need to wait but it is 100% worth it!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

I have had Dr. Wong as my daughter's pediatrician for a year now. He'S not a bad doctor but at times I feel as though he doesn't take my daughter's health too seriously. I mean, if I bring her in its because somethings not normal. If I thought her cough was different than usual....then it probably is and she be looked at. When he refers his patients to CHEO, CHEO never calls back for an appointment. He knows this and it frustrates him to no end. He has always been good about fitting us in when my daughter NEEDS to get in the same day. My daughter has special needs and so getting in when needed is very important for me and her.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

WOW, What a doctor. First I have had Dr.Wong with my first child and it was fine. He is now 4 years old. My second child, Dr. Wong would not listen to me and she ended up at CHEO, fighting for her life. It started with a cough, she would cough all night long, and wheez, Dr. Wong said it was just a little cough. I continued to take her to see him, for over one month some weeks it would be twice a week, finally he said she has broncilitis, and I said does she need a inhaler, NO said Dr.Wong, I then brought her back and he finally gave her a inhaler, but it was to late the next day I rushed her to CHEO, and they said she had bilateral Pnemonea, Broncilitis, and RSV. They said this should have been avoided if the doctor would have given her medicine right away. Then he called me up and I told him what happen and he said "Oh well". So if you don't care about your childrens health take them to Dr.WOng.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Like the others, I would agree that he is an excellent physician who has had a difficult time hiring staff who meet the service standard that he has set for his office.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011