Ratings for Dr. Eric C. Mirsky

Always in a hurry, do not explain X-rays, do no listen and ready for any surgical procedure. Do not have ecoemd this doctor

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

I’m a 67 yr. old male, and had a total hip replacement on Dec. 5, 2017. Dr. Mirsky performed the surgery, with no complications. The recovery period was better than I had expected, with very, very little pain. I spent two nights in the hospital, two days with a walker, and then 7-10 days with a cane. Here I am eight weeks later, 95+% recovered and walking 5-7 miles per week. Life is good. Prior to the surgery, Dr. Mirsky outlined the procedure in detail, but didn’t rush me, and he answered all my questions to my satisfaction. He visited me in the hospital, the day following the surgery, and his assistant visited me the other day. Post-surgery he responded to my e-mails via the portal and took the time to answer all my questions during the post-surgery office visits. His “bed-side manners” were good, but it’s really his technical skills as a doctor that I valued. If I have any problems with my other hip or either of my knees, I will certainly seek out Dr. MIrsky for his medical treatment.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I have seen Dr. Mirsky for a number of years now, and originally to get his opinion on my tour meniscus. He has been fabulous. Good sense of humor but serious when dealing with injuries in surgery. Can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

The wait was long, but worth it. His bedside manner was great, he didn't rush me out of office. Listened to me and answered all my questions. Was unsure of him going in because of reviews I have read. Glad I didn't listen to those reviews

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been in moderate to severe pain since a knee operation in January 2013. Dr. Mirsky was rude and defensive when asked about the pain. He did nothing constructive except prescribe pain killers that did not work and only offered "it will get better." I ultimately fired him and went to the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. The experts said there were "many things they would have done differently." I will have to visit HSS every 3-4 months to get a cortisone shot to manage the pain. Dr. Mirsky negatively affected my quality of life. Run from him!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Mirsky's for approximately 10 years. We are very active and he has treated us for a broken foot, meniscus surgery, carpel tunnel surgery, knee replacement, rotator cuff repair and, of late, a hip replacement. He has always explained very clearly what the options were in each situation and what the expectations were for recovery. We have never had any complications from his surgeries. In fact, because of his competence, our recoveries were much faster than the norm. We appreciate the directness and clarity of his approach and his willingness to answer our questions and address our concerns. We enthusiastically recommend him to our friends.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I went to Dr. Mirsky because he specializes in Sports medicine and I had a sports related injury. After relaying to him my previous knee problems and symptoms he proceeded to send me for an MRI. An orthopedist specializing in sports medicine and the Knee should know that unless I can not walk 9/10 times an xray will not show anything. I needed an MRI and instead of getting one after the xray he sent me to another doctor that alos couldn't address my pain, because she had a different specialization than what I needed. It to a trip to a third Doctor out side of Summit Medical Group to get an MRI and diagnose that I have a tear in my lateral meniscus (i went in complaining about lateral knee pain). Unfortunately this doctor does not specialize in knees and I have to go to another that specializes in knees to receive treatment. That doctor WILL NOT BE IN SUMMIT MEDICAL GROUP nor Dr. Mirsky.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Very uncaring about complaints of limb length disparity post-surgery for TKR.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Dr. Mirsky took his time to explain all options to us, including pros and cons. Dr. Mirsky, did not rush us into making a decison right then and there. However, we had educated ourselves prior too so we knew what to expect, and discussed the option of surgery based on the injury. We are glad we found Dr. Mirsky and look forward to a speedy recovery.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

This provider is very knowledgeable, HOWEVER, he is too quick and impatient with his clients in the exam room, he pushes most ppl to have Sx-sugerey) (i know a few other patients of his)and he has NO TIME and he REFUSES to see Older ppl and kids for back pain. If you are not a canidate for Sx, he has no time for you. You are just a $$$ to him!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Dr. Eric C. Mirsky's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Berkeley Heights, NJ