Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Okamoto

Really surprised at the strange reviews here. I've been going to Dr. O for 12 years to treat my ADHD. He's always been very professional, knowledgeable and trustworthy. For example, I was trying out a new ADD medication and started having really bad headaches and called the office. I think he was out of town but he personally called me back and we agreed that I should stop taking it and switched back to my old medication. He's never tried to overprescribe medication to me and would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I was diagnosed with Bipolar II Disorder and started on high doses of Lithium. I had 18 ODs. He never sent me to the ER. I was supposed to be blood tested every 3 months. I did not have a test for 2 years. I was supposed to get a physical. I never received one. I was supposed to get urine tests. I never got one. Poor standard of care. My Thyroid Gland died first and I developed Thyroid Disease. The Thyroid controls the Mood and will kill you if not controlled. Dr. Okamoto said, "Oh, they have pills for that! Keep taking Lithium." I had to see another doctor, pay for addition meds, testing and he did not pay for that. Next I went into Adrenal Failure as my Adrenal Glands died. He said, "That is not my fault. Keep taking Lithium." The Adrenal System is our Immune System. I contract Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). He said, "I am glad you are sick with CFS. It controls your Hypomania. I hope you do not recover. This is good for you. Stay on Lithium." Now I am in Kidney Failure. 6 yrs total

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

I saw Dr. O for 3 yrs. During that time he could get my meds, dosage or mix of meds right. Funny how my next doc could. Dr. O put me on a number of weight gainers back to back that caused me to gain a total of 170 pounds in 18 months. I lost most of the weight, but not all of it. He could not understand why I was unhappy with him. There was a total disconnect there. My metabolism is now shot. At one time I was on 20 pills total & with multiple pills per dose. I accidentally overdosed 6x. I complained to Dr. O. Dr. O was not happy with my complaining. He took me down to 10 pills to stop the complaining. He asked, "Are you happy now?" "No, I am not happy now. 10 pills is still too much. I want less." He rolled his eyes at me. I am on 4 pills with my new doc. I feel Dr. O over medicated me & I still did not get well. I feel Dr. O did not care about the weight gainer drugs and damaging my metabolism. When I left the office I asked for my records. I was told, no which is illegal.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Thomas H. Okamoto's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1981)

• Aetna HMO