You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Keith Rourke

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Dr Rourke is fabulous. However his receptionist absolutely rude and unpleasant. I have called numerous times to schedule appointments or ask questions and not once has her demeanor been different. she should look in to a new career, as this reflects badly on this amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I went in with one problem and came out with bigger problems from first surgeon. I was then forwarded to Dr. Rourke. He does have a sense of humor which I don't mind haha. Ultimately, I find his wording and explanations very good, he strikes me as a man who knows his field and has talent. He performed the second surgery on my urethra and to seal a fitula. It didn't fully work but he did a better job than the last doctor. I feel confident he's the doctor to do the next 1-2 surgery's to get this 33 year old guy back to a normal life! If anyone has gone through something like this, feel free to email me! nexus20@shaw.ca

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Deals with you in a caring and respectful manner regardless of your age. Is willing to talk about difficult issues and probable causes, whhich other urologists tend to shy away from. Gives clear and easily understood explanations of the issues one is facing. Willingly takes steps to determine the true cause of issues and then discusses them openly and freely with you. Does not believe in phone consultations and/or diagnoses, but makes the drive into Edmonton to see him face to face worthwhile. Seems to anticipate your questions and provides the information and shows a caring interest in you by seekig out things that you have not openly divulged. Asks and wants to kow what your real concers, worries and issues are so they can addressed.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Very skilled and very intelligent. You can ask him a direct question and he will give a direct answer. Dr Rourke has performed 1 of the 2 required surgeries to reconstruct my urine tract. Prior to the first surgery he explained everything, no after surgery there were no surprises. His staff has always been helpful and easy to get a hold of. Very glad I was recommended to Dr. Rourke, he has changed my life tremendously.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Awful bedside manner. He needs to look outside himself and realize he is just another person, not above anyone. Maybe he is a good doctor, but man he needs to loose the god complex!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

After suffering through another Urologist I was very glad to have Dr. Rourke as my urologist. Several things others had done were corrected and I did have to go through reconstructive surgery which although not perfect certainly made life MUCH better. Thanks Dr. Rourke. I would highly recommend seeing him. The only draw back is he is a bit cavalier in the way he acts in the operating room and I know his staff has been sometimes a trial to deal with but heck everybody has a bad day and Dr. Rourke has made so many bad days good again.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

The best of the best. The urologist I want in the operating room if I am having urology surgery. Talks to you and freely provides information and explains things so you understand. Checks to make sure understand. Concentrates on you and your problem when he is seeing you. Has a good sense of humor and uses it to point out the positives and minimize the negatives. He is on your side.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I hade a very rare condition, it took me two years of running from doctor to doctor. I was sent to two urologists and one skin specialists. Due to Dr. Rourke's reputation as a fantastic specialists I got a referral to see him. After five minutes talking to Dr.Rourke I was finally at ease he informed me of what I had and what all my options were. Dr.Rourke informed that what I had was rare but he could preform a surgery to fix the problem. After all the research and after he was there to help me with any questions and concerns I had the whole way up to the surgery I felt at ease. The surgery went great with no complications and i am in recovery. I will report after the recovery but as of now I would strongly recommend Dr. Keith Rourke he is very knowledgeable and I give him a 5/5

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

It's been a privilege to be a patient of such a good doctor. He did bladder reconstrction on me and its changed my whole life. He's knowledgeable, skilled, and I love his easy going personality. He explains procedures so they're easily understood. I just wish he was around 15 years earlier!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Dr. Keith Rourke's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor. Answers questions, offers sound advice, and understands patient problems better than the vast majority of other physicians. "

January 26, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rourke is fabulous. However his receptionist absolutely rude and unpleasant. I have called numerous times to schedule appointments or ask questions and not o..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went in with one problem and came out with bigger problems from first surgeon. I was then forwarded to Dr. Rourke. He does have a sense of humor which I don't..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Deals with you in a caring and respectful manner regardless of your age. Is willing to talk about difficult issues and probable causes, whhich other urologists..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very skilled and very intelligent. You can ask him a direct question and he will give a direct answer. Dr Rourke has performed 1 of the 2 required surgeries to ..."

August 23, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5H". Address has been updated from "None" to "11010 101 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804412576".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Awful bedside manner. He needs to look outside himself and realize he is just another person, not above anyone. Maybe he is a good doctor, but man he needs to..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After suffering through another Urologist I was very glad to have Dr. Rourke as my urologist. Several things others had done were corrected and I did have to go..."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best of the best. The urologist I want in the operating room if I am having urology surgery. Talks to you and freely provides information and explains thin..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I hade a very rare condition, it took me two years of running from doctor to doctor. I was sent to two urologists and one skin specialists. Due to Dr. Rourke's ..."

October 26, 2014